About the GoldenEar SuperCenter XL
A serious center channel speaker
A serious center channel speaker
GoldenEar's SuperCenter XL center channel speaker can help supercharge your home theater setup. It features two 5-1/4" mid-bass drivers and two top-mounted passive bass radiators to help create an immersive movie-watching experience. The company's acclaimed HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter ensures exceptional detail — including crisp, clear dialogue — with low distortion.
Build a GoldenEar home theater system
The SuperCenter line is designed to complement GoldenEar's Triton floor-standing speakers and Aon bookshelf speakers. They have a similar visual design, and they're voice-matched to create a seamless surround sound system that will shine on movie night.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter for exceptional detail with low distortion
- two 5-1/4" mid-bass drivers with cast baskets
- two 6-3/4" x 8" quadratic planar bass radiators
- frequency response: 36-35,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable magnetic grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 29"W x 5-3/4"H x 11"D
- weight: 21 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CKYA
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 3 Leveling feet
- 3 Threaded-inserts
- Owner's Manual
GoldenEar SuperCenter XL reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GoldenEar SuperCenter XL
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/4|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Frequency Response||36-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
SuperCenter Series: GoldenEar Technology's SuperCenter Series is high-performance center-channel speaker lineup appropriate for the highest quality of home theater systems. SuperCenters are designed to perfectly complement and match GoldenEar Technology's Triton floorstanding speakers, BRX bookshelf loudspeakers, and Aon bookshelf loudspeakers - both sonically and cosmetically. Their sophisticated industrial design is both attractive and functional, minimizing their apparent size as well as enhancing their acoustic performance.
- Sonically, the SuperCenters offer lifelike, detailed, high-resolution, open, "boxless" sound quality with smooth low frequency extension and high power handling capacity for greater dynamic range and impact.
- GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter speakers are efficient and can be driven to loud listening levels with moderate amplifier power. but are also able to handle the output of very powerful amplifiers.
High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter: The SuperCenter XL features GoldenEar Technology's High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) design tweeter. The HVFR tweeter propagates sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion-like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. The result is better impedance matching to the air in the room with greater control, smoother more extended response with lower distortion and dramatically improved dynamic range.
Dual 5.25" Bass/Midrange Drivers: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter XL incorporates a D'Appolito Array of two newly developed long-throw 5.25" bass/midrange drivers surrounding the High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter. The 5.25" drivers incorporate spider-leg cast baskets for rigidity and minimal internal reflection, as well as GoldenEar Technology's unique multi-vaned phase plugs (MVPP) to minimize cone distortion.
Dual Quadratic Planar Bass Radiators: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter XL also utilizes top-mounted pressure-coupled quadratic planar low frequency radiators that extend the bass response as well as provide the bass/midrange drivers with ideal acoustic loading and damping. The two 6.75" x 8" quadratic planar low frequency radiators provide significant low frequency extension and exceptional dynamic range for the center channel speaker.
Note: Since the top-mounted passive radiators put out a very low frequency pressure wave, they only require 1"-2" of clearance above them so the speaker can be placed in cabinets and wall-units if desired.
Binding Post Terminals: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter XL center channel loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Mounting Options: If you are going to set your SuperCenter Speaker on a table or bookshelf that is below ear-level or on a shelf above the TV that is above ear-level, you will want to install the included adjustable leveling feet in order to angle the speaker up or down towards the listening area. Always position the speaker at the front of the mounting surface for best performance.
- Dimensions without Feet: 29.0" (w) x 5.75" (h) x 11.125" (d)
- Dimensions with Feet: 29.0" (w) x 6.125" (h) x 11.125" (d)
- The adjustable leveling feet screw into the bottom of the speaker through the cloth grille that covers the speaker (the cloth grille should not be removed).
- The SuperCenter XL does not include any bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the center channel speaker.
Flexible Placement: The GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter XL speaker is designed to allow flexible placement while providing a very large window of sound and excellent dialog intelligibility throughout your listening room.
- Typical placement of the SuperCenter XL will be directly above or below your TV. Since the center channel speaker handles the majority of dialog it is important that it be located in close proximity to the center of the viewing screen. Position the speaker flush with the front of the TV or speaker shelf to minimize unwanted sound reflections.
- For the most accurate and natural timbre, the speaker's high-frequency driver should be at, or aimed at, approximately ear level. Use the included optional leveling feet if you need to angle the SuperCenter so it points up or down at the listener.
- Placing the speaker close to walls will emphasize bass and may reduce overall clarity. If possible, position the speaker 8" or more from the wall behind the speaker. This will ensure better bass performance and optimal midrange clarity.
- If the center-channel speaker is not approximately the same distance away from the primary listening position as your front speakers, use your AV receiver's/processor's speaker distance menu to electronically adjust for differences in distance.
- If installing the SuperCenter XL in a cabinet space, please note that although the speaker has passive radiators located on top, they only require a minimal clearance of 1"-2" above the center speaker.