About the GoldenEar Triton Seven
Outside the box
Outside the box
Want a reference-quality floor-standing speaker that sounds as good or better than much pricier options? The Triton Seven delivers what GoldenEar calls "boxless three-dimensional imaging" with the smooth, non-fatiguing character of its HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter. By squeezing air — rather than pushing it like a conventional tweeter — the HVFR design delivers articulate nuance with very low distortion. This high-end tweeter is placed between two 5-1/4" woofers, and there are two 8" bass radiators on either side of this floor-stander's non-resonant curved cabinet.
The Triton Seven's driver arrangement — with its world-class tweeter positioned between the woofers — helps keep the transition between drivers smooth and seamless. The speaker's front baffle is angled upward, to focus the sound toward ear level.
The Triton Seven presents sparkling highs, robust bass without bloat, and ultra-low distortion, all with breathtakingly wide dispersion, for a soundstage that reaches out into the room as well as behind the speakers.
Designed with a simple, functional ergonomic visual aesthetic, this tower seems to lose itself in the mix it projects. And it will all but disappear in the darkness of a home theater setting.
Who is GoldenEar?
Since their founding in 2010, GoldenEar has racked up rave reviews across the audio industry for their high-tech speaker lineup and cutting-edge design philosophy. The company's goal is to create speakers that sound better than comparable models costing three, four, or even five times more. Their signature sound includes pinpoint stereo imaging, a spacious three-dimensional soundstage, and ultra-low distortion. Each of GoldenEar's custom-designed drivers, passive radiators, and carefully tuned cabinets help create an ultra-immersive listening experience with your favorite albums and movie soundtracks.
- 2-way design
- HVFR™ (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter
- dual 5-1/4" high definition cast-basket bass/midrange drivers
- D'Appolito array — tweeter is placed between midrange drivers
- angled front baffle focuses driver array upward toward ear level
- dual 8" infrasonic planar sub-bass radiators
- frequency response: 29-35,000 Hz
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- recommended power: 10-300 watts/channel
- accelerometer-optimized non-resonant cabinet
- five-way binding posts
Dimensions and warranty:
- 10-1/2"W x 40-1/2"H x 14-1/2"D with integrated base (cabinet is 7-1/4"W x 11"D)
- weight: 32 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BKNA
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Locking nuts
- Owner's Manual
GoldenEar Triton Seven reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the GoldenEar Triton Seven
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||29-35k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Triton Series: GoldenEar Technology's Triton Series consist of high-performance floorstanding loudspeakers that are efficient and can be driven to loud listening levels with moderate amplifier power, but are also able to handle the output of very powerful amplifiers. The Triton Series floorstanding speakers are engineered for superb performance in both two-channel stereo systems, as well as in multi-channel home theater systems. The Triton Series delivers powerful, deep bass blended perfectly with silky, smooth, and transparent midrange and high frequencies for an exceptional listening experience.
High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) Tweeter: The hallmark of all GoldenEar speakers, the Triton Series floorstanding speaker utilizes GoldenEar's own High-Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter design. This new folded-ribbon tweeter is silky smooth with ultra high resolution capability. The HVFR tweeter propagates sound waves and moves the air by squeezing it with its accordion-like pleated diaphragm, rather than pushing it as conventional drivers do. Greater efficiency, lower distortion, improved dynamics and superbly detailed sound are the result of this amazing technology.
Dual 5.25" Midrange/Bass Drivers: A D'Appolito array of two 5.25" long-throw midrange/bass drivers surround the High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeter. Theses spiderleg cast-basket midrange/bass drivers, newly developed at GoldenEar Technology's Arnprior, Canada engineering facility, have been specifically designed for exceptionally long-throw with tremendous dynamic range and extraordinarily deep bass response. Their precisely curved cone combined with a specially formulated polypropylene cone material and unique apical glue bonding technique delivers superb high-definition midrange clarity and presence.
Infrasonic Planar Sub-Bass Radiators: The Triton Seven incorporates two side-mounted opposing, inertially-balanced 8" planar sub-bass radiators, located on either side of the cabinet down near the floor for optimum coupling to the room (one bass radiator on each side of cabinet). These infrasonic planar sub-bass radiators help the speaker provide bigger, deeper bass that is accurate with low distortion.
Unique Cabinet Shape: The Triton Seven’s unique cabinet shape is both acoustically purposeful as well as strikingly attractive. Its narrow front baffle and stylish rearward rake, in conjunction with the complex crossover, both aligns the driver array precisely for a coherent wave-launch directed at ear level at the listening position, as well as results in non-parallel front and rear baffles for better control of internal standing waves. And, the non-parallel side cabinet walls and slanted top provide the same acoustical performance benefit.
Binding Post Terminals: The Triton Seven floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of 5-way binding post terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana plugs (single or dual).
Placement Options: The GoldenEar Technology Triton Series floorstanding loudspeaker is designed to allow flexible placement while providing a very large window of sound throughout your listening room. To ensure the best performance possible, observe the following placement guidelines -
- For the most accurate and natural timbre, the speaker's high-frequency drivers should be at approximately ear level. A pair of Triton Series speakers should form a equilateral triangle between each other and the main seated listening position. To further optimize imaging, turn a pair of speakers inward (toe-in) so they point toward the listening position with their axes crossing just behind it.
- Placing the speaker in a corner will over-emphasize bass and reduce overall clarity. If possible, position the loudspeaker 8" or more from the wall behind the speaker and as much as possible from either side wall. This will ensure better bass performance and optimal midrange clarity. If this is not, use the subwoofer level control on the back of the speaker to adjust for optimum sound in your room.
- When used as surround speakers, the Triton Series speaker may be located on the side or behind the main listening area. When used on the sides, take care never to locate the speaker forward of the main listening position. If the speaker is placed along the rear wall as surrounds, it is suggested that the speaker be positioned fairly wide apart if possible. For instance, if there is a couch in the center of the rear wall on which the listeners will sit, try to position the speaker wider apart than the couch.
Rubber & Spike Feet: The GoldenEar Technology Triton Series floorstanding loudspeaker comes with a set of rubber feet for placement on hardwood, laminate, vinyl, or tile flooring. Spike feet are also included to provide greater stability when placing the loudspeaker on carpeting. Using spikes on wood or other hard-surface floors which are susceptible to being scratched can cause damage to the floor.
- Dimensions With Rubber Feet: 10.5" (w) x 40.5" (h) x 14.5" (d)
- Dimenions With Spike Feet: 10.5" (w) x 41.0" (h) x 14.5" (d)
Note: Always use the speaker with the the included rubber or spike feet installed for optimum performance and maximum stability. The rubber feet come pre-installed and will need to be removed in order to install the spike feet.