About the Record Doctor Record Clamp
Tighten up those grooves
Tighten up those grooves
Good news: that slightly warped piece of classic vinyl you found at the flea market can still be played — with the help of the Record Doctor Record Clamp. The textured aluminum knob tightens a brass fastener around your turntable's spindle, holding the record firmly against the platter. The clamp reduces LP slippage and unwanted resonances, and can even cut down wear and tear on your records and stylus — extending their useful life.
If your turntable has a close-fitting dust cover that won't accommodate this standard-height clamp, give its cousin the Record Doctor Low-profile Record Clamp a try.
- textured aluminum knob
- brass fastener grips spindle tightly
- holds records firmly in place on turntable platter
- reduces LP slippage and unwanted resonances
- helps extend life of your records and stylus by reducing wear
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3" diameter x 1-3/4" height
- weight: 6.9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RDRC-BLK
What's in the box:
- Record clamp
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Record Doctor Record Clamp
Record Clamp: The Record Doctor Record Clamp is a useful accessory for vinyl LP fans and audiophiles alike who want to extract maximum performance from their records. The Record Clamp tightly bonds the vinyl record to the platter, holding the record firmly in place and improving the sound by reducing LP slippage and unwanted resonances. The effect is especially helpful when playing a record where bass vibrations or high-frequency resonances are an issue, when playing slightly warped records, or when recording your vinyl to a digital computer file. Also, due to increased LP stability, a record clamp helps reduce both stylus and record wear, extending the life of both.
- The Record Doctor Record Clamp's low mass design - under 300g - does not apply excessive stress to turntable bearings, improving their performance and life expectancy. The clamp’s gentle action will not damage LP labels.
- The Record Doctor Record Clamp is beautifully designed and engineered. The brass ferrule clamps tightly to most turntable spindles, while the textured aluminum knob allows for precise clamping pressure. The 44mm overall height fits most popular turntables.
- Be sure to measure the clearance between your LP record and turntable dustcover before ordering to ensure a proper fit.
- Not recommended for use with Rega turntables