About the Record Doctor Low-profile Record Clamp
A low-profile record clamp
If your turntable has a close-fitting dust cover — too low for the standard-height record clamp to fit comfortably — the Record Doctor Low-profile Record Clamp should do the trick. The textured aluminum knob tightens a brass fastener around your turntable's spindle, holding the record firmly against the platter. The clamp reduces LP slippage and unwanted resonances, and can even cut down wear and tear on your records and stylus — extending their useful life.
- textured aluminum knob
- brass fastener grips spindle tightly
- holds records firmly in place on turntable platter
- reduces LP slippage and unwanted resonances
- low-profile design fits under a close-fitting dust cover
- helps extend life of your records and stylus by reducing wear
Dimensions and warranty:
- 3-1/8" diameter x 1-1/8" height
- weight: 5.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RDRCLP-BLK
What's in the box:
- Low-profile record clamp
Record Doctor Low-profile Record Clamp reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Record Doctor Low-profile Record Clamp
Low Profile Record Clamp: If your turntable dust cover doesn't have enough height to accommodate most standard record clamps, the Record Doctor Low Profile Record Clamp is only 1.125" tall to fit where other record clamps won't. The Low Profile Record Clamp is a useful accessory for vinyl LP fans and audiophiles alike who want to extract maximum performance from their records. The Low-Profile Record Clamp tightly bonds the vinyl record to the platter, holding the record firmly in place and improving the sound by reducing LP slippage and unwanted resonances. The effect is especially helpful when playing a record where bass vibrations or high-frequency resonances are an issue, when playing slightly warped records, or when recording your vinyl to a digital computer file. Also, due to increased LP stability, a record clamp helps reduce both stylus and record wear, extending the life of both.
- Weighing only 5.4 ounces (153 grams), the Record Doctor Low Profile Record Clamp's low mass design does not apply excessive stress to turntable bearings like record weights can, improving bearing performance and life expectancy. The clamp's gentle action won't damage LP labels.
- The Record Doctor Low Profile Record Clamp is beautifully designed and engineered with a black non-resonant phenolic body. The brass ferrule clamps tightly to most turntable spindles, while the textured aluminum knob allows for precise clamping pressure.
- Be sure to measure the clearance between your LP record and turntable dustcover before ordering to ensure a proper fit.
- Not recommended for use with Rega turntables