About the LEAK CDT
An exceptionally accurate CD reader
An exceptionally accurate CD reader
The LEAK CDT does not have a digital-to-analog converter in it, because it's designed to take advantage of the exceptional DAC in the LEAK Stereo 130 integrated amplifier. Audio CDs load via an ultra-smooth slot-loading mechanism that's quiet and reliable. The CDT has a rugged, vibration-resistant chassis, and its precise internal clock ensures pure, distortion-free signals from the optical and coaxial digital outputs.
And it plays files from your thumb drive
A Type-A USB input on the front panel allows you to plug in a thumb drive loaded with digital files for playback. It supports playback of WAV, MP3, AAC and WMA files, and you get full access to transport controls and folder/file navigation.
My hands-on experience with the LEAK CDT
When we set up a demonstration at our headquarters building, we always aim to build a great-sounding system, first and foremost. When it came time to test the LEAK CDT, we had the benefit of visual appeal, too. The CDT is a transport-only player, and it pairs perfectly with the DAC onboard the LEAK Stereo 130 integrated amplifier. We chose the beautiful silver face plate, ensconced in an elegant walnut outer chassis, for each component — they're a perfect match in every way. We completed the throwback system with a pair of JBL L82 Classic speakers.
We had a wealth of music on disc at our disposal, and the CDT handled it all with rare aplomb: rock, classical, jazz, folk, you name it. I would characterize its sound as pristine and detailed, and working with its mate the Stereo 130, it offered a broad soundstage and a certain amount of warmth that can sometimes escape from a digital recording. If you still have a pretty sizable CD collection, like I do, you can give them new life with the LEAK CDT.
- Featured in our article: Best CD players for 2023
- plays audio CDs only
- ultra-smooth slot-loading mechanism
- digital clock controlled by temperature-compensated crystal oscillator for minimal distortion
- rugged metal chassis eliminates performance-robbing vibration
- remote control included
- Type-A USB input for playing files from a thumb drive
- supports playback of WAV, MP3, AAC and WMA files
- compatible file formats: FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32
- full transport controls and folder/file navigation
- 1 coaxial digital audio output
- 1 optical (Toslink) digital audio output
- 12-volt trigger input and output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 12-15/16"W x 5-3/4"H x 13-1/8"D
- weight: 15.21 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # LEKCDTLKSLV
What's in the box:
- CD Transport
- 6' AC power cord
- Remote control
- User Manual
LEAK CDT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the LEAK CDT
Features & specs
|CD Transport Only||Yes|
|Direct Track Access||Yes|
|Direct Disc Access||N/A|
|Network Music Streaming||No|
|Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Stereo SACD Playback||N|
|CD Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not Given|
|SACD Frequency Response||Not Compatible|
|SACD Dynamic Range||Not Given|
|SACD THD||Not Given|
|Digital Optical Input||No|
|Digital Coaxial Input||No|
|USB Type-A Input||Yes|
|USB Type-B Input||No|
|Analog RCA Output||No|
|Analog XLR Output||No|
|Digital Optical Output||Yes|
|Digital Coaxial Output||Yes|
CD Transport: The CD transport supports playback of CD-Audio discs only. The CD transport is carefully mounted within its own electromagnetically shielded enclosure and is provided with a dedicated power supply. The digital clock is controlled by a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator that makes sure the digital output from both the coaxial and optical sockets has minimum digital distortion, thus the digital signal extraction is exceptionally precise.
- Smooth Operation: The Leak CDT is a CD transport that utilizes an ultra-smooth slot-loading mechanism and offers a high-level of sound reproduction for CD playback.
- Low-Jitter: A temperature-compensated crystal oscillator controls the master clock. This enables the digital only output to provide incredibly low digital distortion (also referred to as "jitter"). This low jitter output offers superior performance when compared to like-for-like players
- No Electrical Interference: The LEAK CDT shields the CD mechanism from electrical interference, thus ensuring purity of signal. Such incremental benefits further enhance the performance for the audio enthusiast.
- The Leak CDT is a CD transport and not a CD player. It does not feature an integrated DAC or analog outputs. It offers optical and coaxial digital outputs for connection to an external DAC or integrated amplifier with a built-in DAC.
- The CD transport does not support CD-R, CD-RW, or CD-Text discs.
Optical & Coaxial Digital Outputs: The Leak CDT is outfitted with one optical (toslink) digital output and one coaxial (RCA) digital output to connect to your external DAC, preamplifier, or integrated amplifier.
Front-Panel USB-A Port: The Leak CDT is also equipped with a front-panel USB-A port for USB MSC (mass storage class) playback functionality.. The Leak CDT is compatible with FAT16 and FAT32 formatted USB MSC devices (including USB thumbdrives and USB HDDs) and will playback media in the format of MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV). The unit can recognize up to 65,535 files and 700 folders. The USB storage device playback functionality offers full transport controls and folder and file navigation.
- MP3: 320-320kbps bit-rate / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
- WMA: 320-320kbps bit-rate / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
- AAC: 320-320kbps bit-rate / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
- WAV: 16-bit length / 32, 44.1, or 48kHz sampling frequency
Note: The USB-A port is rated at 5V/2A. Some USB HDDs will require an external power supply.
Front-Panel Display: The Leak CDT features a front-panel LCD screen that indicates Source, Track Number, and Elapsed Time for disc playback. It also supports song/artist/album information display for USB playback.
Front-Panel & Remote Control: The Leak CDT provided front-panel and remote control. Front-panel control functions include Power, Input (CD or USB), Play/Pause, Stop, Eject, Next Track/Fast Forward, and Previous Track/Reverse. The include IR remote provides wireless operation of the Lead CDT. It provides the same control functions as on on the unit's front-panel, plus additions; control. These additional control functions include a number keypad (0-9), Program, Random, Repeat, and more.
- Direct (Disc Only): You are able to select your desired track number on a disc directly from the remote's numeric key pad. The disc will play forward from the chosen track. If you choose a single-digit track in a disc which contains more than 10 tracks, the player will pause briefly, waiting for you to enter a second digit. If none is entered, play will commence from the entered single-digit track.
- Repeat: You can have the Leak CDT repeat a single track or all tracks on a disc or USB device continuously.
- Random: The Leak CDT can be set to randomly playback all tracks on a disc or USB device.
- Program: You can set a custom programmed playback track order (up to 20) from a disc.
Note: The IR remote uses two "AAA" batteries (not included).
12V Trigger Outs: The Leak CDT features two 12V trigger outputs (3.5mm) which can be used to connect a preamplifier and amplifier with 12V trigger inputs, so that the system turns on and off at the same time.
Auto Standby: The Leak CDT will automatically go into Standby mode if there is no audio signal or no operation for a set period of time. You can set the Auto Standby time to 20 minutes or 1 hour.
2 questions already asked