About the SSV Works F3-2A
Serious sound for your Spyder F3
Serious sound for your Spyder F3
Your Can-Am Spyder F3 is an exceptional off-road vehicle, so why settle for ordinary sound? The SSV Works F3-2A 2-speaker audio kit includes the two-piece MRB3 digital media receiver, plus custom-designed speaker pods that mount on the factory bolt holes and house great-sounding SSV Works WP-A6 6-3/4” speakers. Installation is amazingly easy and your tunes will sound terrific.
Hideaway receiver and rugged controller
You can do a lot with the MRB3 digital media receiver combo. Connect to Bluetooth, listen to AM/FM radio stations, or plug a device into the optional AUX input. The built-in 2-ohm stable amp built into the hideaway receiver can send up to 200 watts peak power to as many as 8 speakers. Want even more sound? There's a set of RCA preamp outputs for sending signal to an extra amp or a powered subwoofer.
The outdoor-ready controller's bright white LED display is easy to read in all kind of conditions, and backlit, rubber-coated buttons are big enough to be used when you're wearing gloves. It comes with a weather-resistant mounting bracket that attaches securely in the center of the handlebars. The receiver unit mounts in the storage bin and still leaves plenty of room for your gear.
Off-road ready speakers
Your side-by-side is made to perform off-road and so are these 6-3/4" speakers. The grille-mounted 1" titanium tweeters create brilliant highs that you can hear over the roar of the engine, while the durable poly cones handle everything else with depth and clarity.
An EPDM duo-lock gasket and a sturdy Santoprene surround keep the elements at bay, so you can enjoy outstanding sound in any conditions. SSV Works' unique positive lock connectors keep the speaker wires secure, even when you're really tearing up the trail.
Customize the look
The standard gray grilles look pretty cool, but if you want a little more color, you have options. The standard grilles are paintable, so you can mix up a batch and get a full-custom look. SSV Works also offers great-looking optional grilles, which are available in four colors.
About SSV Works
The people at SSV Works know what your audio gear has to put up with, because they're off-road enthusiasts, too. They build radios and speakers for many of the top names in powersports, and their gear has earned a reputation for standing up to the dust, water, mud, and vibration that destroys lesser gear.
Installation note: This package will not work in Spyder F3 models with windshields.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
- package includes SSV Works MRB3 digital media receiver, SSV Works WP-A6 speakers, speaker pods, mounting brackets and hardware
- designed for easy, plug-and-play installation on your Can-Am Spyder F3
SSV Works MRB3 digital media receiver specs:
- marine/powersports digital media receiver (no CD player)
- hideaway module includes AM/FM tuner and amplifier
- power specs: 200 total watts peak — 25 watts RMS (50 peak) x 4 channels
- built-in Bluetooth music streaming
- glove-friendly buttons
- 6 EQ presets
- weatherproof wiring harness
- highly legible LED display (black on white)
- inputs: 3.5 mm AUX input; USB input
- outputs: 2-channel 4-volt preamp outputs
- warranty: 1 year
SSV Works WP-A6 speaker specs:
- 6-3/4" speakers made for off-roading (pair)
- 1" titanium tweeter mounted on grille
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- Santoprene rubber surround
- paintable speaker grilles
- positive lock connectors keep speaker wires secure
- impedance: 4 ohms
- power handling: up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 815172013549
What's in the box:
- This package contains 3 individually boxed SSV Works items and installation instructions:
- MRB3 Bluetooth Audio Controller:
- Hide-away source unit
- Wired controller (attached 5' cable)
- Four 5/8" Phillips-head screws
- Two 1/2" Phillips-head screws
- User guide
- C65 Speaker Pods:
- Two 6-3/4" Weatherproof speakers pre-installed in cage-mount pods (attached 8" wire harness)
- Installation Hardware:
- MRB3 Controller mount
- MRB3 Hide-away unit mounting bracket
- 2 Speaker pod mounting brackets
- 2 Speaker pod spacers
- Four 30mm speaker pod hex-head screws
- Four 45mm speaker pod hex-head screws
- 30" Power/ground harness
- 59" Speaker harness
- 56" FM wire antenna (Motorola plug)
- Four M5 x 10mm screws
- Two 10mm Phillips-head screws
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SSV Works F3-2A
Overview: The SSV Works F3-2A sound system is designed specifically for the Can-Am Spyder F3. It features an MRB3 AM/FM Bluetooth audio controller with hide-away tuner/amplifier module, along with two SSV Works WP-A6 6-3/4" marine grade speakers pre-mounted in speaker pods, all designed to integrate seamlessly into the Spyder for outstanding sound and performance.
Note: The F3-2A sound system is not compatible with Spyder F3s equipped with a windshield.
MRB3: At the heart of the F3-2A speaker system is the MRB3 Bluetooth media control panel and hide-away unit.
- Wired Controller: Includes controls for operating the AM/FM tuner and your Bluetooth connected playback device, along with a large backlit LCD display. Controls include: Track Up/Down arrows, Mode (switches input sources), Play/Pause, and Volume +/-. Pressing and holding the Mode button for 2 seconds will pull up additional tone settings such as Bass, Treble, Balance, Fader, EQ, and Loudness that can be adjusted using the Volume +/- buttons. EQ brings up 7 preset EQ settings: Off, Flat, Class, Pop, Rock, Jazz, and Metal. All buttons on the control panel are rubberized and weatherproof. The wired controller includes an attached 5' cable which connects to the hide-away source unit.
- Hide-Away Source Unit: The hide-away source unit
features a built-in 20 watt x 4 channel amplifier that's stable to 2 ohms,
an AM/FM tuner, and support for Bluetooth audio streaming. A 59" speaker
cable is included that plugs directly into either the Front or Rear Speaker
output pigtail on the rear panel and splits out to 2 connectors, one for
each of the 2 included speaker pods. This allows the system to be wired with
no splicing required. Power and ground for the hide-away unit and controller
are provided by a 2-wire harness that gets run to the battery for +12Vpower
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming: Wireless stream music from your Bluetooth source device to the MRB3 with basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track). The Bluetooth feature does not support song/artist display or phone calls.
- AM/FM Tuner: The unit offers a built-in AM/FM tuning with manual and seek tuning. There are no presets. The unit features a standard Motorola jack for the included 56" waterproof AM/FM antenna.
- USB: A USB (type-A, 2.0) is provided for charging a
smartphone, tablet, or other portable audio or Bluetooth device (5V/1A).
- Note: The USB port does not support audio playback.
- Line In/Out: Also included on the rear panel of the hide-away unit are proprietary connectors for a Line Out, with turn-on lead, and Line In. Both require adapters (sold separately).
WP-A6 Speakers: The SSV Works F3-2A system includes two WP-A6 6-3/4" 2-way speakers pre-loaded in SSV Works weatherproof fiberglass speaker pods. Each speaker features durable polypropylene cones with Santoprene surrounds and EPDM duo-lock gaskets, along with 1" titanium dome tweeters. These, combined with the all fiberglass speaker pods, provide outstanding sound quality while keeping out water, mud, and dirt. The speaker pod's textured coating is designed to match the Can-Am's matte bodywork trim panels.
Mounting: All hardware for mounting the hide-away unit, the dash controller, and the speaker pods is included in the speaker system. The hide-away unit mounts underneath the front hood compartment while the controller gets mounted to the handlebar with the provided housing. The speaker pods get mounted on either side of the gauge cluster for clean, rear-facing sound that's crystal clear even at highway speeds.
- Hide-Away Module: Width - 6.375", Height - 1.750", Depth - 5.50" (incl. wiring)
- Controller: Width - 3.75", Height - 2.250", Depth - 1.0"
- Speaker Pods: Diameter - 7.0", Depth - 7.125"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked