About the SSV Works MRB3
It takes two
It takes two
Space is at a premium in most side-by-sides, but that doesn't mean you have to settle for ordinary sound. The SSV Works MRB3 digital media receiver gives you outstanding performance from a clever, compact two-piece design that's made for off-roading. The weatherproof control panel goes on the dash and the hideaway black box unit mounts out of sight.
Start your system here
You can do a lot with this little receiver combo. Connect to Bluetooth, listen to AM/FM radio stations, or plug a device into the optional AUX input. The built-in 2-ohm stable amp can send up to 200 watts peak power to as many as 8 speakers, so whatever you're playing will sound great. Want more sound? There's a set of RCA preamp outputs for sending signal to an extra amp or a powered subwoofer.
The package also includes the SSV Works USB35AVCa panel mount charging USB input for your iPod or MP3 player. The mount comes with a volume knob and a 3.5mm audio cable.
Made for off-roading
The controller's bright white LED display is easy to read in all kind of conditions, and backlit, rubber-coated buttons are big enough to be used when you're wearing gloves. At just a bit over 3” wide and less than 1” deep, it's easy to find the perfect spot to install this rugged, off-road ready controller. And that spot doesn't have to be on a side-by-side, either. The MRB3 is also a great choice for Jeeps, boats, golf carts, and other vehicles.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- marine/powersports digital media receiver (no CD player)
- hideaway module includes AM/FM tuner and amplifier
- power specs: 200 total watts peak — 25 watts RMS (50 peak) x 4 channels
- built-in Bluetooth music streaming
- weatherproof control panel
- glove-friendly buttons
- 6 EQ presets
- weatherproof wiring harness
- highly legible LED display (black on white)
- inputs: 3.5 mm AUX input; USB input
- outputs: 2-channel 4-volt preamp outputs
Other Features and Specs:
- easy to install
- 5-foot cable between controller and hide-away unit
- includes kit for 2.1 amp USB charging and 3.5mm AUX-in compatibility
- iPod/iPhone direct control via USB input
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 815172012122
What's in the box:
- Hide-away source unit
- Wired controller (attached 5' cable)
- Wiring harness
- Pre-out harness
- 39" USB/Aux extension cable
- 3' Stereo minijack cable
- Quick-slide connector
- Large self-tapping screw
- 4 Medium self-tapping screws
- 2 Small self-tapping screws
- User Guide
- Wiriing Harness & Cut Template instructions
- Adding an amplifier instructions
More details on the SSV Works MRB3
SSV Works MRB3: The SSV Works digital media receiver (MRB3) consists of two components - a hide-away source unit and a wired controller. Both components are weather resistant.
- Hide-Away Source Unit: The hide-away source unit features a built-in amplifier and AM/FM tuner, along with USB charging ports, an Aux input, and support for Bluetooth audio streaming.
- Wired Controller: The wired controller features a an attached 5' cable which connects to the hide-away source unit. The wired controller features a large hyper-white LED backlit display designed to be visible in all conditions while controlling volume, track, and play/pause functions with glove friendly, rubber-coated buttons.
4-Channel Amplifier + 4V RCA Output: The SSV Works digital media receiver (MRB3) is equipped with a 20 watt x 4 channel amplifier that is stable down to 2 ohm and capable of powering up to eight 4 ohm speakers. A 4-volt RCA output lets you connect an external amplifier or powered subwoofer. The 4-volt RCA output is full-range with no low or high pass filter.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wiirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth source device to the MRB3 with basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track). It does not support song/artist display or phone calls.
Aux In/USB Charging Ports: A panel-mount input port provides an 3.5mm Aux input for audio playback from a portable audio device and a USB (type-A) charging port rated at 5V/2.1A to charge your smartphone or tablet device. The panel-mount input port features an attached 39" cable and requires a separate power and ground connection. There is also a second USB (type-A) charging port attached to the hide-way source unit by a 7" cable that is rated a 5V/1A that can be used to charge a smartphone or smaller electronic USB-enabled devices.
Note: The USB charging ports doe not support audio playback.
AM/FM Tuner: The unit offers a built-in AM/FM tuning with manual and seek tuning. There are no presets. The unit features a standard Motorola jack for an external waterproof AM/FM antenna (sold separately).
Audio Settings: You can select from seven EQ presets (Flat, Classical, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Metal, or Off). In Off mode, you can manually adjust Bass & Treble. It also offers a Loudness function, as well as balance & fade controls.
Mounting Options: The SSV Works digital media receiver (MRB3) can be custom-mounted in your ATV, golf cart, boat, or other recreational vehicle. The hide-away source unit can be hidden away under or behind the dash, while the wired controller can be mounted in the dash (cutout template is provided). Screws are included to mount both units.
- Overall Dimensions for the Hide-Away Module: 6.375" (w) x 4.9375" (h) x 1.75" (d)
- Wired Controller Dimensions:
- Front-Panel: 3.75" (w) x 2.3125" (h) x 0.5" (d)
- Cutout: 3.0" (w) x 1.75" (h) x 0.5" (d)
Note: There are also vehicle specific mounting kits available for select Yamaha, Can-Am, & Polaris ATVs, UTVs, and side-by-sides (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Wiring Harnesses: The SSV Works digital media receiver (MRB3) includes a wiring harness, pre-out harness and Aux/USB port harness. The following wires will need to be hardwired.
|Yellow||+12V Constant Power|
|White||Left Front Speaker (+)|
|White/Black||Left Front Speaker (-)|
|Gray||Right Front Speaker (+)|
|Gray/Black||Right Front Speaker (-)|
|Green||Left Rear Speaker (+)|
|Green/Black||Left Rear Speaker (-)|
|Purple||Right Rear Speaker (+)|
|Purple/Black||Right Rear Speaker (-)|
|Aux/USB Port Harness|
|Red||+12V Switched Accessory Power|