SSV Works RG4-5A
5-speaker audio upgrade kit for the 2018-up Polaris Ranger XP1000: contains receiver, 4 speakers, 10" powered sub, 4-channel amp, and mounting kits
California customers: click here for your Proposition 65 warning.Please
Item # 327RG45A | MFR # 815172013945
$1,799.99 or 3 payments of $600.00 Details
Ask an expert
Our VA-based experts can help.
Our take on the SSV Works RG4-5A by Crutchfield's Jon Paul
Five-star sound for your 2018-up Ranger XP1000
Your Polaris Ranger XP1000 is an exceptional off-road vehicle, so why settle for ordinary sound? The SSV Works RG4-5A audio kit includes the two-piece MRB3 digital media receiver, four custom speaker pods filled with great-sounding WP-A6 6-3/4” speakers, a compact 4-channel amplifier, and a custom-fit 300-watt powered subwoofer. Installation is simple, and your tunes will sound terrific.
Hideaway receiver and rugged controller
You can do a lot with the MRB3 digital media receiver combo. Connect to Bluetooth, listen to AM/FM radio stations, or plug a device into the optional AUX input. The amp that's built into the hideaway receiver can send up to 200 watts peak power to as many as 8 speakers. There's a set of RCA preamp outputs for sending signal to the included powered sub.
The outdoor-ready controller's bright white LED display is easy to read in all kind of conditions, and backlit, rubber-coated buttons are big enough to be used when you're wearing gloves. It comes with a weather-resistant mounting bracket that attaches securely in the center of the handlebars. The receiver unit mounts in the storage bin and still leaves plenty of room for your gear.
Your side-by-side is made to perform off-road and so are the four weather-resistant 6-3/4" speakers included in this audio kit. The front speakers are mounted in sturdy, custom-designed kick panel pods that bolt right onto your Ranger, while the rear enclosures bolt securely into the cage using existing holes. There's no drilling and no hassle to it. The “plug and play” wiring harness makes it easy to set up your system.
The grille-mounted 1" titanium tweeters create brilliant highs that you can hear over the roar of the engine, while the durable poly cones handle everything else with depth and clarity. SSV Works' unique positive lock connectors keep the speaker wires secure, even when you're really tearing up the trail.
Compact, powerful amp
To give those speakers the power they need to really rock, the 4-channel amp delivers 50 watts per speaker, with a selectable high-pass filter that'll trim the low bass out for cleaner performance. It's pre-tuned to work beautifully with the SSV Works receiver and speakers. The installation kit is designed specifically for your Ranger.
A stowaway sub
The 10” SSV Works powered subwoofer fits neatly into your Ranger and adds plenty of thump to your tunes. Powered by a compact Class D amp, this 300-watt sub is weather-resistant and built to stand up to high-speed blasts on the trail or in the dunes.
Customize your speakers
The standard gray grilles look pretty cool, but if you want a little more color, you have options. The standard grilles are paintable, so you can mix up a batch and get a full-custom look. SSV Works also offers great-looking optional grilles, which are available in four colors.
About SSV Works
The people at SSV Works know what your audio gear has to put up with, because they're off-road enthusiasts, too. They build radios and speakers for many of the top names in powersports, and their gear has earned a reputation for standing up to the dust, water, mud, and vibration that destroys lesser gear.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod®/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- package includes MRB3 digital media receiver, four WP-A6 speakers, WP-A360S4 amplifier, powered 10" subwoofer
- also includes dash kit, custom-fit speaker and sub enclosures, amp rack, mounting brackets, and hardware
- designed for easy, plug-and-play installation on your 2018-up Polaris Ranger XP1000
MRB3 digital media receiver specs:
- marine/powersports digital media receiver (no CD player)
- hideaway module includes AM/FM tuner and amplifier
- power specs: 200 total watts peak — 25 watts RMS (50 peak) x 4 channels
- built-in Bluetooth music streaming
- glove-friendly buttons
- 6 EQ presets
- weatherproof wiring harness
- highly legible LED display (black on white)
- inputs: 3.5 mm AUX input; USB input
- outputs: 2-channel 4-volt preamp outputs
- warranty: 1 year
WP-A6 speaker specs:
- 6-3/4" speakers made for off-roading (two pairs, front and rear)
- 1" titanium tweeter mounted on grille
- weather-resistant poly woofer
- Santoprene rubber surround
- paintable speaker grilles
- positive lock connectors keep speaker wires secure
- impedance: 4 ohms
- power handling: up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- warranty: limited lifetime
- weatherproof Class D 4-channel amplifier
- pre-tuned for SSV Works sources
- output: 50 watts x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts x 2 at 2 ohms)
- selectable high-pass filter (60/100/120 Hz)
- dimensions: 7-3/8"L x 3-9/16"W x 2-1/8"H
- warranty: 1 year
SSV-10M 10" powered subwoofer
- built-in Class D amplifier produces up to 300 watts of power
- polypropylene cone
- stitched Butyl rubber surround
- rubber gasket
- rugged enclosure
- warranty: limited lifetime
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- SSV MRB3:
- Wired controller (attached 5' cable)
- Hide-away source unit w/ mounting bracket
- WP-360S4 amplifier
- Power/ground connector
- Power/ground harness
- Fuse holder
- 40A fuse
- 57" Proprietary front speaker harness
- Proprietary rear speaker harness
- Wire antenna
- 10 Wire-ties
- User Guide
- Installation Instructions
- SSV RG4-F65A:
- Front kick-pod enclosures w/ SSV speakers
- 4 Brackets
- 10 Screws
- 8 Small washers
- 2 Large washers
- Installation Instructions
- SSV RG4-DM3:
- Dash kit
- 6 Screws
- SSV USB35A:
- Panel-mount USB/Aux port (attached 39" power/ground/signal wires)
- Inline fuse holder w/ 10A fuse (pre-installed)
- Rubber cap (pre-installed)
- Locking collar (pre-installed)
- 8' Proprietary cable
- 3' Stereo minijack cable
- Quick-slide connector
- Star washers
- Self-tapping screw
- Installation Instructions
- SSV RG4-US10A:
- Underseat powered sub enclosure w/ loaded 10" woofer
- 8' Proprietary signal harness
- 14" Power lead (w/ inline 40A fuse and fuse holder)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- 4 Counter-sunk bolts
- 2 Pan-head bolts
- 4 Self-adhesive foam pads
- 5 Wire-ties
- Heat-shrink tubing
- Rubber boot
- SSV RG-C65A:
- 2 Cage-mount speaker pods w/ 6.5" coaxial speakers installed
- 2 Dual mounting ring adapters
- 4 Ring clamps
- 4 Hex-head bolts
- 4 Allen-bolts
- 4 Large washers
- 4 Small washers
- 8 Set-screws
- Installation Instructions
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Dash Kit: The included dash kit (RG4-DM3) lets you mount the system's wired controller in a 2018 Polaris Ranger XP1000 UTV. The dash kit mounts to vehicle's factory center cup holder and requires drilling holes into the center cup holder.
Digital Media System: The SSV Works digital media system (MRB3) consists of two components - a hide-away source unit and a wired controller. Both components are weather resistant.
- Hide-Away Source Unit: The hide-away source unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner, two USB charging ports, an Aux input, and support for Bluetooth audio streaming. The hide-away source unit features an integrated mounting bracket for installation behind the dash.
- Wired Controller: The wired controller features a an attached 5' cable which connects to the hide-away source unit/amplifier. The wired controller features a large hyper-white LED backlit display designed to be visible in all conditions while controlling volume, track, and play/pause functions with glove friendly, rubber-coated buttons.
4-Channel Amplifier: The included weather-proof, Class D 4-channel amplifier (WP-A360S4) is rated at 50 watts x 4 channel into 4-ohm and 90 watts x 4 channel into 2-ohm. It is equipped with a selectable high-pass filter (60, 100, 120Hz).
- The amplifier is pre-mounted to the same bracket that the system's hide-away source unit is mounted to and installs behind the dash.
- Power, ground, and signal cables included.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: You can wirelessly stream music from your Bluetooth source device to the MRB3 with basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track). It does not support song/artist display or phone calls.
Aux In/USB Charging Ports: A panel-mount input port provides an 3.5mm Aux input for audio playback from a portable audio device and a USB (type-A) charging port rated at 5V/2.1A to charge your smartphone or tablet device. The panel-mount input port features an attached 39" cable and requires a separate power and ground connection. There is also a second USB (type-A) charging port attached to the hide-way source unit/amplifier by a 7" cable that is rated a 5V/1A that can be used to charge a smartphone or smaller electronic USB-enabled devices. The panel-mount input port installs in the dash of your ATV recreational vehicle. The panel-mount input port requires a circular cutout in your dash and the supplied threaded collar secures it in place from behind the cutout opening.
- Cutout Dimensions: 1.0" (diameter) x 2.0" (depth)
- Outer Dimensions: 1.75" (diameter) x 0.5" (depth)
Note: The USB charging port does not support audio playback.
AM/FM Tuner: The unit offers a built-in AM/FM tuning with manual and seek tuning. There are no presets. The unit features a standard Motorola jack for an external waterproof AM/FM antenna (included).
Audio Settings: You can select from seven EQ presets (Flat, Classical, Pop, Rock, Jazz, Metal, or Off). In Off mode, you can manually adjust Bass & Treble. It also offers a Loudness function, as well as balance & fade controls.
T Harness: The digital media system (MRB3) comes with a T-harness which plugs into an empty port on the factory buss bar located under the hood. The T-harness also features Red, Yellow, and Black wires. The Red wire connects to the Red wire of the panel-mount input port, while the Yellow wire connects to the Red wire of the digital media system's harness. The Black wire will connect to both Black wires of the panel-mount input port and the digital media system's harness.
Under-Seat Powered Subwoofer: The SSV Works RG4-US10 is a custom molded, powered sub enclosure that is loaded with a SVS Works marine-grade10" woofer (10M) and a built-in Class D mono amplifier rated at 300 watts. It is specifically designed to mount underneath the front passenger seat of your 2018-up. The 10" woofer features a polypropylene cone, stitched Butyl rubber surround, and a coated steel basket. Power and signal cables are provided.
Kickpod Speaker Enclosures: The kick-pod speaker enclosures bolt into the upper foot well away from your feet in a 2018 Polaris Ranger XP1000 UTV. The kick-pod enclosures come with stainless mounting hardware and step-by-step installation instructions. Drilling into the vehicle is required. Outside of each enclosure is an attached 9" speaker wire terminated by a proprietary connector that directly plugs into the included proprietary speaker harness.
Cage-Mount Speaker Pods: The SSV Works custom-molded, cage-mount speaker pods are designed to provide more sound to your ATV or UTV without blocking visibility. The cage-mount speaker pods include a versatile clamping system and stainless mounting hardware. A brand-new redesigned dual clamping system allows the speaker pods to rotate 360-degree once mounted on the cage. Outside of each enclosure is an attached 8" speaker wire terminated by a proprietary connector that directly plugs into SSV Works sound system components.
Marine-Grade Coaxial Speakers: Each kickpod and cage-mount enclosures houses a 6.5" coaxial speaker (4-ohm rated) that can handle 60 watts (RMS)/120 watts (Peak) power. Engineered specifically for Powersports, the 6.5" coaxial speakers (WP-A6) bring audiophile grade components and sound to the outdoors.
- 1" Tweeter: A 1" tweeter creates crisp brilliant highs engineered to be heard outdoors, over the motor, and inside a helmet. The grille mounted tweeter allows for peak cone travel creating maximum output while providing a low profile with optimal weatherproofing.
- 6.5" Polypropylene Woofer: The polypropylene cone woofer and Santoprene surround provide exceptional volume and clarity in the harshest environments. The speakers even go a step further with an EPDM duo lock gasket surrounding the speaker to keep the water out and the sound pressure in. EPDM conforms to the surface and seals tight no matter where you ride, in direct UV, extreme heat, or in freezing temps.
100% Fiberglass Construction: The kickpod speaker enclosures, cage-mount speaker enclosures, and under-seat subwoofer enclosure are 100% fiberglass for the best sound quality and bass response. They are finished in a black texture coat to match factory OEM textures and can be custom painted to match your color scheme.
Customizable Grilles: The kickpod and cage-mount speakers feature acoustically transparent mesh grilles with interchangeable color inserts (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to add the ultimate in customization to your recreational vehicle. The inserts are easily swappable allowing you to custom-match the speakers to the rest of your ride. Choose from Red, White, Blue, or Orange (sold in pairs).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.