About the Waylens Horizon HD
Experience your drive in HD
Experience your drive in HD
Blazing along a coastal road or parkway in your roadster? Hitting the strip in all its neon glory? Making good use of the off-road capabilities your 4X4 was built for? The Waylens Horizon HD captures your unique driving experience like no other camera can. This elegant recorder mounts to your dash or windshield, powered with the included vehicle power adapter or an optional hardwire kit for more seamless integration. Take control of the best moments of your drive using the Horizon remote control to start and stop video on a whim — you can strap it to your steering wheel or mount it in a convenient spot using the included adhesive.
What a camera
The Horizon's handsome design houses state-of-the-art camera technology which delivers high-definition video that totally satisfies. You'll see a level of clarity that truly captures the ever changing light and landscape dynamics of the road ahead. An OLED retina display shows you video capture in real time.
Share video footage of your drive that recreates your experience on the road.
GPS and integrated vehicle data for visceral viewing
With the included data module plugged into your vehicle's OBD II port, the Horizon camera gains access to your vehicle's speed, RPM, boost, and other info. The camera's built-in GPS, barometer, and G-sensor captures drive location, time, date, and more while dual microphones capture awesome ambient details like engine noise. Waylens overlays any of the data you choose over your recorded video to present the most accurate representation of your drive possible.
The best of your drive
Using the Waylens App on your device, you can easily search hours of footage and quickly access highlights from your drive to share them however you like.
- vehicle HD camera with OBD-II module
- remote control
- video enhanced by vehicle and GPS data overlay
- built-in GPS, barometer, and G-sensor
- also includes vehicle power cable and adhesive-backed mount
- vehicle power adapter
- video saved on microSD card (up to 128GB; not included)
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless sharing with mobile devices
- records 1080p/60fps video files
- OLED retina display for viewing and playback
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # TS99-TW01-0001
What's in the box:
- Automotive camera
- 3M Adhesive windshield mount
- Steering wheel remote control (CR2032 battery installed)
- 12V/USB car charger
- USB adapter
- OBD-II transmitter
- 13' Power cable
- 4' microUSB-to-USB cable
- 12 Cable holders
- Quick Start Guide
- Desktop and Mobile App booklet
- Product Safety Information
- Warranty Information
Waylens Horizon HD reviews
Overall nice dash /performance cam. the built in performance timers and remote button to flag content are great. only issues I have had with it so far is the camera wants to move around on the mount a little bit, I did figure out that if you use the included adhesive backed usb cable guides, get the cable tight and camera pointed in the right direction then stick the guides to the window that it resolves 95% of the movement. I should note that my car is set up for track so it literally rides like a go kart. The phone app can be a bit temperamental as well, not always wanting to connect. Only other thing to note is that not all gauge overlays are supported on all vehicles, so in my case you do not see actual throttle and brake inputs nor do you see boost, but all else such as tach, speed, gforces, etc show up. also, when you display speed on the camera itself it is showing the speed based off your odbII reading. when you download footage you can choose between odbII or GPS speed, it would be great if you could change it on the camera display to be GPS.
Pros: nice camera, debating on buying a second one.
Cons: still needs some revisions,
7 of 8 found this helpful
More details on the Waylens Horizon HD
Automotive Camera System: The Waylens Horizon HD automotive camera system enables drivers to easily capture, edit, and share interesting moments and automotive performance data from their vehicle and the road in real-time. The Waylens Horizon consists of a high performance camera with integrated OLED screen, windshield-mount with built-in GPS module, pre-paired OBD-II connector, steering wheel remote control, and 12V adapter. The Waylens Horizon Mobile App for Android and Apple iOS is also required.
High Performance Camera: The Waylens Horizon is comprised of high performance components seamlessly integrated to create an outstanding automotive camera system.
- 1/1.8" Lens: The Horizon has a large 1/1.8" lens, allowing more light to reach the sensor, producing clearer images with less motion blur at high speeds. This is made possible by our custom lens, designed specifically for the automotive environment. The lens is made from 7 high quality glass elements and wrapped within a full metal lens barrel so images produced are always ultra sharp and vibrant, across a wider range of temperatures.
- CMOS Image Sensor: The state-of-the-art CMOS image sensor inside the Horizon is 90% larger than traditional 1/3" sensors used by other manufacturers. For each photoreceptor on the sensor, up to 4x more light vs. the iPhone 6s can be digitized into an image, resulting in less motion blur at high speeds. The sensor itself has a back illuminated structure, meaning it is extremely sensitive, so that even if only a little bit of light can be detected, a great image can still be produced. The result is sharper, brighter, more effective video anytime of day or night.
- Fast Video Processor: The Horizon has an incredibly fast video processor with 1GHz ARM Cortex A9 CPU, capable of processing the full 318 mega pixels coming from the image sensor every second. You'll be able to capture high-quality and high-speed video at 1080p/60fps with ease.
Note: Part of camera surface may become hot due to internal heat dissipation or exposure to direct sunlight. The camera is designed to operate at high temperatures.
Video & Audio Recording: The Waylens Horizon automotive camera system can record video in 1080p and 720p. You can select from the following video quality settings - 1080p/60Hz (28 or 38Mb/s), 1080p/30Hz (18 or 22Mb/s), 720p/120Hz (28 or 38Mb/s), 720p/60Hz (18 or 22Mb/s), and 720p/30Hz (12 or 14Mb/s). Built-in microphones record stereo audio inside the vehicle.
- Auto Start & Stop Recording: In this mode, the camera begins recording automatically when your vehicle's engine is turned on and stops recording when the engine is turned off.
- Continuous Recording: In this mode, once the camera is turned on it will continuously record video until you turn the camera off.
- Slow-Motion: In this mode you can record video in slow-motion (720p @ 120fps).
- Time-Lapse Video: In this mode you can record a time-lapse video.
microSD Card Slot: Video (H.264) and audio (MP3) are recorded format onto a microSD/SDHC memory card (sold separately). A 32 to 128GB Class 10 microSD card is recommended.
Built-In OLED Screen & Speakers: The Horizon camera system features an integrated, circular OLED screen. The 286 pixels per inch display and its 178° viewing angle never leaves the driver guessing what he or she is looking at. Its high contrast ratio of 10,000:1 is one of the inherent benefits of using OLED technology. Additionally, when an OLED pixel is black, its completely off, resulting in no backlight leakage, preserving night vision during those long night drive. In addition to your video footage, you can choose which data points to show - from speed and RPMs to G forces, ambient condition, GPS location, and much more. You can also flip through different gauges on the OLED display while you're driving to get real-time feedback. A built-in speaker also provides audio playback.
Data Overlay: While driving, the Horizon system takes great care to capture everything it can about your vehicle including its location, absolute orientation in space, and atmospheric pressure. All of these data points allow you to tell a more complete story of your ride. The included 10Hz GPS module allows the Horizon system to capture your position more accurately as you fly around tight corners. The 9-axis inertial motion unit includes a 3-axis gyro, a 3-axis accelerometer, and a 3-axis magnetometer so your drive will always be oriented correctly on-screen.
- The camera itself contains multiple sensors that will provide data for the video overlay such as MPH, GPS, G-Force, Pitch & Roll, Time/Date, and Ambient Temperature.
- The included OBD-II transmitter will provide data for the video overlay such RPM, MAF, MPH, and Engine Temperature, as well as Boost (when applicable).
- The included 10Hz GPS module captures your position and location.
OBD-II Transmitter: The Horizon camera system comes with a OBD-II Transmitter which plugs into your vehicle's OBD port and wirelessly transmits vehicle data via Bluetooth to the Horizon automotive camera system for real-time data overlay on the integrated OLED screen. The OBD-II Transmitter captures, RPM, MAF, MPH, and Engine Temperature, as well as Boost (when applicable). The OBD-II transmitter is pre-paired from the factory with the Horizon camera.
Note: The included OBD-II transmitter is compatible with 1996 and newer model year vehicles. The OBD-II transmitter does not support other diagnostic tools from other manufacturers.
Steering Wheel Remote Control: The included remote control allows you to highlight videos without having your hands move away from the steering wheel. Simply fasten the strap to secure the remote on your vehicle's steering wheel. The remote can be removed from strap without having to remove the mounting strap from your steering wheel. The steering wheel remote control is powered by a user-replaceable CR2032 3V battery.
Waylens Horizon Mobile App: The Waylens Horizon Mobile App (for Android OS 5.0+ and Apple iOS 9.0+ [coming soon]) provides additional features through your compatible smartphone or tablet. Once your mobile device, running the Waylens Horizon mobile, is paired to the Horizon camera system, your video footage and data will be wirelessly downloaded to the app and your mobile device for review and editing.
- Review & Editing: All of your footage is saved and ready for review on the Waylens Horizon mobile app. You can even edit your footage using the app. When you open the mobile app, you can easily locate highlight-worthy moments identified by you and Horizon's algorithm, and easily use them for further editing and sharing. Horizon's system also allows you to define data-driven parameters and perform intelligent searches of your footage to find exactly what you want. You can also choose which pieces of performance data you want overlaid on your footage.
- LapTimers: The Waylens LapTimer feature uses GPS coordinates to map out a custom track. The windshield mount needs to be powered to enable the GPS module. The GPS track width tolerance is set to 50 feet (15 meters). The Horizon LapTimer feature includes hundreds of pre-loaded track maps that you can sync with the Waylens Mobile App. The pre-loaded track feature can only be accessed while you are at the track.
- Performance Test: Record time cost of your vehicle's 0-30mph/0-60mph acceleration with accuracy up to 0.01s. Auto mode and count-down mode are provided for your preference. All records will be saved and ready for easy sharing.
- Social Media Sharing: You can link the Waylens Horizon Mobile app to your Facebook and YouTube account, allowing you to share your recorded video and vehicle data. You can also share your results with the Waylens community. You can share instantly from the road or wait until you get home. You can make your videos private or public, or choose only to keep for yourself. Connect with anyone around the world on the Waylens app to compare your ride to others, build a community, ask for advice, and brag.
- Time Sync: If connected to mobile APP, and the time difference between the camera and your mobile device is greater than 10 seconds, the camera will automatically synchronize its time to device's. The time-zone will automatically synchronize to the time-zone of mobile device no matter what the time difference.
- Firmware & Software Updates: Firmware & software updates can be performed through the Waylens Horizon Mobile app.
Notes: To pair your camera with the Waylens app, you have two options - Hotspot mode & Client mode.
- In Hotspot mode, your camera generates a WiFi hotspot that you will need to connect to through your mobile WiFi settings. Locate the SSID hotspot name and password in the camera's WiFi hotspot menu and select in your mobile WiFi settings. Once connected, your camera will sync with the Waylens app and you will see a live preview.
- In Client mode, you will connect to a local WiFi network. First sync your camera and mobile app using hotspot mode. Once you have connected to your cameras hotspot, you will see an option in the app to "Continue to connect camera to your home WiFi". Follow the link to select a local WiFi network. Your camera will automatically switch from Hotspot to Client mode. Next, you will need to connect your mobile device to the same WiFi network in your mobile WiFi settings. Once connected, your camera will sync with the Waylens app and you will see a live preview.
3M Adhesive Windshield Mount: The included windshield mount attaches the Waylens Horizon camera to your vehicle's front windshield and features a 5-pin connector which plugs into the camera. The 13' power cable plugs into the windshield mount's microUSB port and the included 12V/USB car adapter which then plugs into your vehicle's cigarette lighter or 12V power port.
Power Requirements: The Waylens Horizon is primarily designed for use in a vehicle where there is access to 12V power from the vehicle, using either the included 12V adapter or optional direct wire kit (sold separately). The built-in battery is intended for short term use only. Battery life can vary depending on many factors, such as resolution and WiFi connectivity settings. The Horizon camera comes with a 1050mAh battery, which under normal conditions will power the camera for 1 hour at 1080p/60Hz with WiFi on. Battery life can be extended by using a lower resolution setting or turning off WiFi. The GPS module located inside of the Waylens Horizon windshield mount requires power to enable GPS data (the camera's battery will not provide power the GPS module).
USB Adapter: With the included USB adapter, you can charge the Horizon camera or manage content of the camera using your computer at home. Once the USB adapter is mounted to the camera's power and data port, the supplied 4' microUSB-to-USB cable connects the USB adapter to your computer. Your computer will recognize the Horizon camera as a USB MSC (mass storage class) device.
Waylens Studio App: With the Waylens Studio app (Windows PC and Mac) you can export raw performance data in a .CSV spreadsheet from your highlights or buffered video. The data log includes a full breakdown by millisecond of GPS positioning, speed, RPM, Pressure from OBD (kPa), throttle position, boost (inHg), pitch & roll, g-force and more.
1 question already asked