About the Satco Starfish T20/T24 Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (700 lumens)
Smart retrofit downlight kit
Smart retrofit downlight kit
Want smart recessed lighting without having tear out and replace your existing light cans? This 4" retrofit LED downlight from Starfish lets you "plug and play" with a minimum of fuss. You'll have app-dimmable and tunable white light, and it's compliant with California's Title 20 and 24 energy efficiency standards.
While you may want to call the electrician, following the instructions for installation is pretty simple. Just remove any trim from your existing can and connect the light using the included E26 adapter or compatible terminal connector if your fixture already has one. Then attach the included spring clips to the light and gently slide it into place.
Flexible app and voice control
The downlight connects directly to your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub. You then use the free Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app to turn it on and off, and dim or tune its hue — from warm and golden to cool and crisp white light. You can also group lights, control them together, and create your own lighting schedules using the app.
This light works with the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa, Siri (Siri Shortcuts), or Google Assistant. That means you can dim your lights or turn them on and off just by asking, whether you're at home or away — as long as you are connected to the internet.
Starfish by Satco
One of the largest privately owned companies in the lighting industry, Satco is headed by its founders' children. It's a family business dedicated to serving customers with dignity and principle.
Satco's smart lifestyle arm, Starfish, offers a flexible line of smart lights, outlets and switches. It's easy to get into and easy to expand.
- 4" retrofit tunable recessed LED with E26 adapter
- compliant with California Title 20 and 24 energy efficiency standards
- adjustable brightness up to 700 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 45-watt incandescent bulb)
- tunable white color temperature: 2700-5000K (warm white to cool white light)
- dimmable (only with Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app — will not work with manual dimmer switch)
- rated for wet locations and enclosed fixtures
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your lights with the free Starfish Smart Lighting Mobile app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off and fade schedules
- create and save scenes and effects
- use your voice to turn lights on or off, or adjust color and brightness
- Siri via Siri Shortcuts on your iPhone® or iPad®
- Google Assistant (devices sold separately)
- Amazon Alexa (devices sold separately)
- rated at 8.7 watts at full brightness
- expected life span: 25,000 hours
- requires 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router
- 5-1/16" diameter x 2-3/4"H
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S11259
What's in the box:
- Tunable white 4" recessed downlight with 6" pigtail (2-conductor plug)
- E26 adapter with 5" pigtail (2-conductor plug)
- User Guide
- Installation and Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Satco Starfish T20/T24 Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (700 lumens)
Overview: The Satco Starfish Wi-Fi 4" LED Tunable White Recessed Retrofit Downlight (S11259) lets you convert your existing recessed lighting into energy-efficient smart lighting. The light consists of a dimmable and white tunable 4" LED downlight and an E26 adapter connected by an 11" cable. This retrofit light requires no hardwiring, and simply slips into existing recessed cans. The light connects to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz) without a hub, and can be controlled through the Starfish Smart Lighting app. It also works with SmartThings and many of the leading voice assistants. The downlight carries a 5-year warranty.
California's Title 20 / 24: This downlight complies with California's Title 20 (T20) and Title 24 (T24), which means it meets the energy efficiency standards set by the California Energy Commission.
Wi-Fi: The downlight works with your home's Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz network and is controllable with a mobile device. Each Starfish light and light fixture has a Wi-Fi-enabled chip that is securely connected to a TLS 1.2 encrypted cloud platform to protect your privacy and ensure the highest level of security.
Dimmable/Tunable: Using the app, you can turn the light on and off, and dim or brighten its output. The downlight provides thousands of tunable tones of white light from warm (2700K) to cool white (5000K).
Placement: The LED light is designed for retrofit installation in existing recessed lighting cans with a minimum 4-1/4" inside diameter and 5-1/2" depth and a standard E26 Edison light socket. The light is rated for use in wet locations, such as bathrooms, basements, and overhangs. It is suitable for indoor or outdoor installations.
Installation Overview: The installation requires no cutting or hardwiring into your home's electrical wiring. The E26 adapter screws into the can's existing light socket. The adapter and light's cables plug together.The downlight slides into the recessed lighting can until the flange reaches the ceiling. The torsion springs on the sides of the light hold it firmly into place.
Starfish Smart Lighting App: Satco's Starfish Smart Lighting app puts control of your home's lighting in the palm of your hand. With the app, you can control individual or groups of light bulbs. You can set schedules for your daily routines, to simulate occupancy, or for safety and security. The app also has a timer feature to save energy. With tunable and variable color bulbs, you can create a mood, set dynamic scenes, or paint your room with light. Multiple users can use the app to personalize their space, and you can control your lights from anywhere. The Starfish Smart Lighting app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Voice Assistants: The Starfish Smart Lighting app integrates with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa, Hey Google, and Siri (through Siri Shortcuts). The app is also compatible with SmartThings for total home integration.
- Voltage: 120V
- Lumen Output: 700
- Energy Used: 8.7 watts
- CRI: 90
- Hours Rated: 25000
- Color Temperature: 2700K-5000K
- Beam Angle: 90°
- Bulb Life (based on 3 hours/day): 22.8 years
- Estimated Yearly Energy cost: $1.05 (based on 3 hours/day, 11¢ kWh)
- Dimensions: Diameter 5.052", Height 2.747"
- Weight: 4.75 ounces