About the Satco Starfish T20 Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (650 lumens)
Smart low-profile downlight
Smart low-profile downlight
This ultra-shallow 4" tunable downlight can go almost anywhere. It's rated for wet locations so you can use it outdoors or in bathrooms. It needs less than 1" in ceiling height, so it can fit in cabinets and other places where space is at a premium. And it's compliant with California Title 20 energy efficiency standard.
If you're comfortable shutting off the breaker and hardwiring these in place yourself, consider that you'll also need a hole-saw to cut the opening. If all that sounds daunting, you should probably call your electrician.
Flexible app and voice control
The downlight connects directly to your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub. You then use the free Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app to turn it on and off, and dim or tune its hue — from warm and golden to cool and crisp white light. You can also group lights, control them together, and create your own lighting schedules using the app.
This light works with the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. That means you can dim your lights or turn them on and off just by asking, whether you're at home or away — as long as you are connected to the internet.
Starfish by Satco
One of the largest privately owned companies in the lighting industry, Satco is headed by its founders' children. It's a family business dedicated to serving customers with dignity and principle.
Satco's smart lifestyle arm, Starfish, offers a flexible line of smart lights, outlets and switches. It's easy to get into and easy to expand.
- 4" hardwired tunable recessed LED
- compliant with California Title 20 energy efficiency standard
- adjustable brightness up to 650 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 45-watt incandescent bulb)
- tunable white color temperature: 2700-5000K (warm white to cool white light)
- dimmable (only with Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app — will not work with manual dimmer switch)
- rated for wet locations and enclosed fixtures
- IP65 certified
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your lights with the free Starfish Smart Lighting Mobile app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off and fade schedules
- create and save scenes and effects
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- rated at 10 watts at full brightness
- expected life span: 25,000 hours
- requires 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router
- 5-5/16" diameter x 1-7/16"H light fixture
- 3-1/2"W x 1-1/4"H x 3-3/8"D junction box
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S11261
What's in the box:
- Tunable white 4" recessed downlight
- Foam gasket
- Junction box (attached)
- User Guide
- Installation and Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Satco Starfish T20 Tunable White 4" LED Recessed Downlight (650 lumens)
Overview: The Satco Starfish Wi-Fi 4" LED Tunable White Edge-lit Remote Driver Downlight (S11261) is a recessed lighting fixture that can be installed in cabinets, basements, outdoors, and in areas where space is a premium. The light consists of a dimmable and white tunable 4" LED downlight and a junction box that are connected by a 19" cable. This fixture requires hardwiring into your home's electrical wiring. It connects to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz) without a hub, and can be controlled through the Starfish Smart Lighting app. It also works with SmartThings and many of the leading voice assistants. The downlight carries a 5-year warranty.
California's Title 20: This downlight complies with California's Title 20 (T20), which means it meets the energy efficiency standards set by the California Energy Commission.
Wi-Fi: The downlight works with your home's Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz network and is controllable with a mobile device. Each Starfish light and light fixture has a Wi-Fi-enabled chip that is securely connected to a TLS 1.2 encrypted cloud platform to protect your privacy and ensure the highest level of security.
Dimmable/Tunable: Using the app, you can turn the light on and off, and dim or brighten its output. The downlight provides thousands of tunable tones of white light from warm (2700K) to cool white (5000K).
Placement: The LED light requires approximately 1" of space above the mounting surface. The junction box can be placed nearby in the ceiling or secured to an available stud. The airtight fixture is rated for use in wet locations, such as bathrooms, basements, and overhangs. It is suitable for indoor or outdoor installations.
Installation Overview: The installation requires cutting a 4-3/16" diameter hole in the ceiling for the downlight. Two torsion springs hold the fixture into place when installed. There are knockouts for running wire into the junction box. Inside the junction box are three wires (black, white, ground) that need to be connected using the included quick connect terminals. The junction box and LED light fixture are connected via a 19" cable with an in-line waterproof quick disconnect.
Starfish Smart Lighting App: Satco's Starfish Smart Lighting app puts control of your home's lighting in the palm of your hand. With the app, you can control individual or groups of light bulbs. You can set schedules for your daily routines, to simulate occupancy, or for safety and security. The app also has a timer feature to save energy. With tunable and variable color bulbs, you can create a mood, set dynamic scenes, or paint your room with light. Multiple users can use the app to personalize their space, and you can control your lights from anywhere. The Starfish Smart Lighting app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Voice Assistants: The Starfish Smart Lighting app integrates with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa, Hey Google, and Siri. The app is also compatible with SmartThings for total home integration.
- Voltage: 120V
- Lumen Output: 650
- Energy Used: 10 watts
- CRI: 80
- Hours Rated: 25000
- Color Temperature: 2700K-5000K
- Beam Angle: 110°
- Bulb Life (based on 3 hours/day): 22.8 years
- Estimated Yearly Energy cost: $1.20 (based on 3 hours/day, 11¢ kWh)
- Light Fixture: Diameter 5.308", Height 1.41"
- Junction Box: Width 3.518", Height 1.233", Depth 3.352"
- Light Fixture: 5.65 ounces
- Junction Box: 7.85 ounces