About the Satco Starfish RGB and Tunable White MR16 LED Mini Flood Lamp (400 lumens)
Color-changing smart light
Color-changing smart light
This tuneable color and white MR16 reflector lamp from Starfish is a simple way to add smarts to indoor track and recessed mini can fixtures. Replace your standard incandescent or CFL with this LED bulb, and you'll get easy-to-control, dimmable light in virtually any color you can imagine.
Smarten up your track lighting with app-adjustable cool to warm white light and a choice of millions of colors
Flexible app and voice control
The bulb connects directly to your Wi-Fi, so there's no need for a hub. You then use the free Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app to turn it on and off, and dim or tune its hue. That can include shades of white light from warm and golden to cool and crisp, as well as literally millions of custom colors to suit any setting — party night or quiet dinner for two. You can also create your own lighting schedules using the app.
This bulb also works with the major voice assistants, so you can control it hands-free whether you use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. That means you can dim your lights or turn them on and off just by asking, whether you're at home or away — as long as you are connected to the internet.
Starfish by Satco
One of the largest privately owned companies in the lighting industry, Satco is headed by its founders' children. It's a family business dedicated to serving customers with dignity and principle.
Satco's smart lifestyle arm, Starfish, offers a flexible line of smart lights, outlets and switches. It's easy to get into and easy to expand.
- standard MR16 mini-reflector bulb with GU10 two-pin base for track lights and mini cans
- adjustable brightness up to 400 lumens (roughly equivalent to a 50-watt incandescent bulb)
- tunable white color temperature: 2700-5000K (warm white to cool white light)
- tunable to millions of custom colors
- dimmable (only with Starfish Smart Lighting mobile app — will not work with manual dimmer switch)
- rated for damp locations and enclosed fixtures
- works with your Wi-Fi — no hub required
- control your bulbs with the free Starfish Smart Lighting Mobile app for Apple® and Android™
- operate lights when you are away from home
- create on-off and fade schedules
- create and save scenes and effects
- compatible with voice assistant devices (sold separately):
- rated at 5.5 watts at full brightness
- expected life span: 25,000 hours
- requires 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi router
- 2" diameter x 2-3/16"H
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S11271
What's in the box:
- Variable color MR16 smart bulb
- User Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Satco Starfish RGB and Tunable White MR16 LED Mini Flood Lamp (400 lumens)
Overview: The Satco Starfish Wi-Fi 5.5W LED MR16-GU10 RGB and Tunable White Lamp (S11271) is a mini reflector bulb used in select recessed and track fixtures. The bulb has a 2-pin GU10 base, and is equivalent to a 50 watt incandescent bulb. The bulb can replace your white recessed/track lights with colors and tones that create dynamic moods and scenes. It connects to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz) without a hub, and can be controlled through the Starfish Smart Lighting app. It also works with SmartThings and many of the leading voice assistants. The bulb carries a 3-year warranty.
Wi-Fi: The bulb works with your home's Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz network and is controllable with a mobile device. Each Starfish light and light fixture has a Wi-Fi-enabled chip that is securely connected to a TLS 1.2 encrypted cloud platform to protect your privacy and ensure the highest level of security.
Dimmable/Tunable: Using the app, you can turn the bulb on and off, and dim or brighten the output of the bulb. The bulb offers up to 16 million colors and tunable tones of white light from warm (2700K) to cool white (5000K).
Placement: The LED bulb is rated for use inside of enclosed fixtures. It can also be used in damp locations. This directional mini reflector bulb is ideal for some downlight and track fixtures.
Starfish Smart Lighting App: Satco's Starfish Smart Lighting app puts control of your home's lighting in the palm of your hand. With the app, you can control individual or groups of light bulbs. You can set schedules for your daily routines, to simulate occupancy, or for safety and security. The app also has a timer feature to save energy. With tunable and variable color bulbs, you can create a mood, set dynamic scenes, or paint your room with light. Multiple users can use the app to personalize their space, and you can control your lights from anywhere. The Starfish Smart Lighting app is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch (iOS 10.0 or later) and Android devices with version 4.4 and up.
Voice Assistants: The Starfish Smart Lighting app integrates with many of the leading Voice Assistants, including Amazon Alexa, Hey Google, and Siri. The app is also compatible with SmartThings for total home integration.
- Lumen Output: 400
- Energy Used: 5.5 watts
- Incandescent Equivalent: 50 watts
- Bulb Shape: MR16
- Base: Bi-pin GU10
- CRI: 80
- Hours Rated: 25000
- Color Temperature: 2700K-5000K
- Beam Angle: 50°
- Bulb Life (based on 3 hours/day): 22.8 years
- Estimated Yearly Energy cost: $0.66 (based on 3 hours/day, 11¢ kWh)
- Dimensions: Diameter 1.976", Height 2.212"
- Weight: 1.3 ounces