About the Parrot MINIKIT Neo 2 HD
The simple Bluetooth solution
The universal fit of the MINIKIT Neo 2 HD makes it compatible with any sunvisor.
The simple Bluetooth solution
Here's your dilemma: you want hands-free use of your smartphone in the car, but you don't want to upgrade your current radio to get it. Parrot's MINIKIT Neo 2 HD is the universal-fit solution. Sure, it's a mouthful, but what it does is simple. Clip it to your sun visor, power it up and pair it with your smartphone once, then make hands-free calls using voice-control. That's it. The MINIKIT Neo 2 HD uses a battery that lasts for around six months in standby mode, so you'll rarely need to charge it, and because it's so portable, it's great for swapping between cars.
Use your voice
Once you set the volume to your liking on the MINIKIT Neo 2 HD, you'll never have to touch it again. Everytime you get in the car, this Parrot uses a vibration sensor to activate itself, so it's ready to respond to your voice commands. Use Parrot's "magic words" to initiate the MINIKIT's vocal menus and voice-dial contacts, accept or reject incoming calls, and more. And if you own a new iPhone, no need to change your ways — initiate the MINIKIT with the keywords, "Hello Siri®," and use the Siri Eyes Free feature. Text-to-speech functionality speaks caller's names so you can keep your eyes on the road.
Parrot's app, a free download to your smartphone, gives you greater control over the surprising number of features available in MINIKIT Neo 2 HD.
If your phone and mobile network supports HD Voice, enjoy the clear openness of high definition sound. Parrot employs a Digital Signal Processor to drastically reduce noise and echoing. Add to that a built-in amplifier, and every call will be crisp and strong with a substantial cell signal.
And so much more
Using Parrot's free app on your smartphone, you'll be able to
- customize certain MINIKIT settings like Auto Reply SMS and rejected call messages;
- use Find My Car which memorizes your car's GPS location on your navigation app once the car is turned off;
- and set parking and drive-time reminders.
In addition to using your smartphone for calls, you'll be able to stream music from your phone via Bluetooth and listen to navigation instructions through the MINIKIT's powerful speaker. Dual mode allows you to pair two phones to your MINIKIT at once, giving both driver and passenger access to hands-free usage.
- visor-mounted Bluetooth integration device
- make hands-free calls using advanced voice control
- compatible with Siri® Eyes Free
- rechargeable 6-hour battery-life in conversation mode (6-month reserve in Ultra Low Power Mode)
- control and customize features using Parrot's free downloadable app for iPhone® and Android
- Dual Mode for pairing two phones at once
- text-to-speech capability
- HD Voice compatible
- noise reduction and echo cancellation for clear calls
- 15+ language options
- includes micro-USB cord and cigarette lighter charger
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PF420108
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth hands-free kit module
- 12-volt power/cigarette lighter adapter
- 6' USB cable (with mini-USB type-B connector on one end and a USB type-A connector on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
Parrot MINIKIT Neo 2 HD reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parrot MINIKIT Neo 2 HD
Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD offers hands-free communication in the vehicle for your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone, smartphone, or iPhone. It also provides wireless audio streaming of music & navigation instructions from your Bluetooth enabled mobile device. The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD is fitted with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery & includes a 12-volt cigarette lighter charger. The MiniKit Neo also features an integrated sunvisor mount.
Bluetooth v4.0: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD features built-in Bluetooth (v4.0) Technology and works with most Bluetooth enabled mobile phones like Android smartphones, Apple iPhone, and others. The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD supports the following Bluetooth Profiles.
- Hands-Free Communication: HFP 1.6 (Hands Free Profile), PBAB 1.0 (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Audio Streaming: A2DP 1.2 (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)
Note: Check here for the latest Bluetooth-enabled phone compatibility.
Guided Setup: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD will vocally guide you through the entire pairing and setup process with your Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. The MiniKit Neo 2 HD offers multipoint pairing, auto-connect, and dual mode operation.
- Multipoint Pairing + Auto Connect: You can pair up to 10 Bluetooth-enabled devices. Once your phone is paired, the MiniKit Neo 2 HD will automatically connect to your phone when you enter the vehicle.
- Dual Mode Operation: You may simultaneously connect two Bluetooth telephones & receive incoming calls on either one easily. When two phones are connected to the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD, one of the phones becomes the main phone & the other is the secondary phone. You can receive calls from the main or secondary phone. The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD ringtone varies according to the phone receiving the call. Only the phone book of your main phone may be accessed through the Parrot MiniKit Neo, and you can only make calls using the main phone - however you can easily switch between the connected phones. If you receive a call on one of the phones while you are already on a call with the other phone, only the phone receiving the call will ring. This new call can only be picked up from the phone (not the MiniKit Neo 2 HD). You can also choose to stream music from either phone.
Note: In Dual Mode, the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD attempts to connect to all paired phones in the vehicle. If there are more than two paired phones in the vehicle, the device connects to the two phones with the oldest pairing.
High Quality Sound: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD features an multi-directional microphone and a flat-panel speaker with NXT technology for high quality sound. Digital Signal Processing allows audio quality to remain the same regardless of the volume and provides drastic noise reduction (Parrot NR v2.0) with strong echo cancellation (Parrot APA v2.0).
- Multi-Directional Mic: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD employs an multi-directional mic with noise reduction & echo cancellation so you can be confident that the person you're talking to can hear you clearly.
- Flat-Panel Speaker: The NXT flat-panel speaker technology provides a clear open sound. Combined with a powerful amplifier, it delivers a 3W power output. The NXT technology flat-panel speaker (3W) allows for incredible flexibility when positioning the MiniKit Neo in the vehicle.
Voice Control + Siri Eyes Free: You don't touch the MiniKit Neo 2 HD nor your phone anymore to make and receive calls. Trigger the MiniKit Neo 2 HD's voice recognition feature by simply saying the key word "MiniKit" (your phone must also support voice recognition). You can also use the keywords "Hello Siri" with newer iPhone models (4S and newer) and use the "Siri Eyes free" feature. When receiving a call, all you have to do is to say "Accept" or "Reject".
Hands-Free Communication: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD supports Bluetooth hands-free communication from your Bluetooth enabled smartphone. The unit's built-in microphone and speaker lets you carry on a phone conversation without ever having to pick up your mobile smartphone. An incoming call is indicated by an audible ringtone. If the number is recorded in the phonebook of the smartphone connected to the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD, the name of the caller is announced. You can press the green/red button or use Voice Commands to accept or reject a call. During a call, you can receive a second call; while putting the first call on hold. Also, you can transfer the phone call from the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD to your smartphone for a more private conversation.
- HD Voice: HD Voice, or wideband audio, is the next-generation of voice quality for telephone communication. It offers a higher definition voice quality and a more accurate reproduction of human voice. When compared to standard digital telephone audio, the result is a more natural sounding speech. Compatible with phones and mobile networks that also support HD Voice.
- Phonebook Transfer w/ Voice Tags + TTS: The first time you use the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD, it synchronizes its phonebook with your Bluetooth enabled smartphone's phonebook. It can support up to 2,000 contacts per smartphone (up to 10) and a total of 20,000 contacts for all paired phones (up to 10). This synchronization will re-launch itself each time your phonebook has been modified. All your contacts, after automatic synchronization, are directly provided with a voice tag in the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD. Consequently, you don't have to record your own voice tag on each contact to make a call via the voice recognition process. If you wish to find a last name, a first name, or a nickname; you can browse through your phonebook directory and listen to Parrot MiniKit Neo read the names of all your contacts, then validate with a single click of button to place the call.
Note: Only the contacts stored in the phone memory are synchronized. If your contacts are stored in the SIM card memory, transfer them into the phone's memory first. If your smartphone doesn't support automatic synchronization, you can also send contacts manually from your smartphone to the car kit via Bluetooth.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The MiniKit Neo 2 HD supports Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP). Now you'll be able to listen to all your music from your phone and benefit from the voice commands of your phone's navigation app. When you receive a call, the navigation instructions are paused automatically and then resumed when you hang up.
- Music Streaming: Thanks to the Bluetooth A2DP audio profile, you can listen to music (stored library & music apps) from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone on the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD. If you receive a call while streaming music, the music will be paused. The MiniKit Neo 2 HD does not feature Bluetooth Profile AVRCP & does not offer control of your music device, nor does it display song/artist information.
- GPS Instructions: If your Bluetooth enabled mobile phone supports the GPS features & is equipped with Bluetooth (A2DP profile), the navigation instructions can be played through the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD. When you receive a call, the navigation instructions are interrupted automatically & then resumed when you end your call.
Managing Voice Mail: During a call, the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD allows you to send DTMFs (dual-tone multi-frequency signaling) to manage your voice mail.
iOS & Android App: Get the MiniKit Neo App Suite for your Apple iPhone (iOS 5.0+) or Android smartphone (2.1+) from the Apple App Store) or the Google Play Store to enhance your user experience of the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD. The free app offers you a variety of exclusives functions including:
- Customized Jingle: Record you own customized prompts when you turn your kit on and off and enjoy your own personalized welcome sound or voice message.
- Auto Reply SMS + Rejected Calls: Android users can program the "MiniKit Neo 2" app to send an automatic SMS reply to incoming calls or text messages while you are driving. Apple iOS users can record a customized voice message that will be heard by the caller when you reject their call from your hands-free kit.
- Find my Car: Find your vehicle on your navigation App. As soon as your Bluetooth kit is disconnected, the App will automatically memorize its GPS position.
- Parking & Driving Time Reminders: The app helps you avoid fines. When your timer runs out, it's time for you to put more money in the parking meter. You can also set a pre-determined drive time and the app will let you know when it's time to stop and rest.
- Voice Recognition Setup: From the app, you can choose to use the integrated voice recognition of the Neo kit or your phone's own voice recognition (like Siri).
- Pairing & Dual Mode Help: The app offers a visual Quick Start Guide to help you pair the kit to your phone. From the app, you can also choose your primary phone and it will memorize and store your selection.
- Information: View the language and current software version of the Neo kit and learn about new software versions when they are available.
Rechargeable Battery: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD features an integrated rechargeable lithium-ion battery (1000mAh). It can be recharged via the included 12-24 volt cigarette lighter adapter (5V/0.5A) & USB cable. The rechargeable battery provides 6 hours of talk time, up to 15 days of standby time, or 6 months in deep sleep mode. The lithium-ion battery takes approximately 3.5 hours to charge. The MiniKit Neo 2HD will tell you the remaining battery time vocally upon request.
Auto Start + Sleep Mode: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD detects when you get in your vehicle and automatically switches the unit on thanks to its vibration sensor. If the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD has not been connected to any phone for 5 minutes, it automatically switches to Sleep mode.
Sunvisor Clipping System: Made of highly resistant plastic, the clip is totally integrated in the design. The integrated clipping system is compatible with most sunvisors and can be reversed easily with only one hand when you fold or unfold the sunvisor.
Colors: The Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD is available in four colors - Black, Blue, Green, or Red.
Software Updates: Download the latest software updates for free at Parrot's support website. These updates will enable you to receive new features & improve compatibility. Simply connect the Parrot MiniKit Neo 2 HD to your computer via the included USB cable and go to the Parrot website. The latest available software version is 1.03 (as of 1/7/2015).
The Parrot MINIKIT Neo 2 HD replaces these items
- built-in multi-directional microphone and speaker
- clips on your visor and allows simultaneous connection of up to two Bluetooth phones
- send and receive calls absolutely hands-free
2 questions already asked