About the Parrot Bluegrass Fields
Get a bird's-eye view of your fields
Get a bird's-eye view of your fields
Agriculture is a very hands-on business, but success also depends on seeing and understanding the big picture. The Parrot Bluegrass Fields quadcopter is ruggedly built and carries super-accurate sensors, so it can take to the air and give you a birds-eye view of your fields. But gathering data is just the beginning: you also get a one-year subscription to the ParrotFields mobile app and Pix4DFields agricultural software so you can perform in-depth analysis and plan for the future.
Camera and sensors
The Bluegrass Fields 'copter carries a front-facing camera that offers 14-megapixel still images and 1080p HD video for visual scouting. The drone's highly sensitive multispectral Parrot Sequoia sensor provides accurate crop mapping options, with four multispectral mono-bands and two ground sample distance (GSD) choices.
The Parrot Bluegrass Fields drone records in-depth information that can be analyzed with Pix4DFields software (1-year subscription included).
Comprehensive app control
The ParrotFields mobile app lets you decide how you want the drone to fly as it surveys your crops, and what kind of information it should gather while it's working. You can plan automated flights and add GPS and text annotations to photos for reference. And it generates normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) maps in real-time.
Post-flight analysis software
After you've gathered the data, the included one year subscription to Pix4DFields software for desktop and cloud helps you put that knowledge to work. It generates custom index maps for detailed crop performance analysis, and lets you layer data to help visualize crop trends over time. You can draw field boundaries and annotate crop focus areas on images, and create zonation and prescription maps for precise fertilizer application. And it's all exportable, so you can send data to a farm management information system and apply what you've learned.
Flight controller and batteries
The included Skycontroller 2 docks with a compatible mobile device for visual monitoring and control of the quadcopter. It features an ergonomic design with easy-to-operate buttons, triggers, and joystick controls.
Three flight batteries — each good for up to 25 minutes of flight time — are included. There's also a battery charger, so you can keep flying while spent batteries are topping off.
- robust carbon-fiber chassis
- front-mounted 14-megapixel camera shoots 1080p HD video
- 32GB internal memory
- vertical takeoff and landing for easy launch and recovery
- 14"W x 5-1/2"H x 16"D (unfolded)
- weight: 4 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Parrot Sequoia™ sensor:
- up to 1.2 megapixel resolution
- four multispectral mono-bands (Red, Green, RedEdge, Near Infrared)
- sunlight sensor compensates for changes in lighting conditions
- ground sample distance (GSD): 4.5 inches/pixel at 400 feet or 0.8 inches/pixel at 100 feet
- 64GB internal memory
- records to microSD memory card
ParrotFields mobile app:
- lets you plan semi- and fully automated scouting flights
- allows GPS tagging of photos
- generates normalized difference vegetation index (NDVI) maps in real-time
- add text annotations to images
- one year subscription included
- generates custom index maps for detailed crop performance analysis
- comparative data layering helps visualize crop trends over time
- creates comprehensive zonation and prescription maps for more precise fertilizer application
- draw field boundaries and annotate crop focus areas
- export data to a farm management information system
- processes up to 123 acres in 1-1/2 minutes
- one year subscription included
- three rechargeable batteries (up to 25 minutes of flight time each)
- radiometric calibration target
- Skycontroller 2 flight controller with charger
- flight battery charger
- four replacement propellers
- USB Type-A cable
- custom backpack-style carrying case
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
- MFR # PF726300V2
What's in the box:
- Tablet holder
- 32GB SD card
- 8 Propellers
- Sequoia multispectral sensor (pre-installed)
- Sunshine sensor (pre-installed)
- 3 Batteries (1 pre-installed)
- Battery charger
- Controller charger
- Radiometric calibration target
- 47" AC power cord
- 19" microUSB-to-USB cable
- 58" Proprietary charging cable
- 6.5" Proprietary ribbon cable
- Cleaning cloth
- User Guide
- Instruction Manual
- Flight Safety Guidelines
- "Warning" note
- "Update" card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parrot Bluegrass Fields
Bluegrass Fields: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields provides agriculture professionals with a better way to work, thanks to its unique combination of rugged drone, accurate sensors, easy-to-use mapping and scouting ParrotFields app and robust post-processing software for agriculture. The Parrot Bluegrass Fields provides agriculture professionals with the insights they need to maximize their yields and boost the quality of their crops. This professional Parrot drone solutions make life easier for farmers by enabling them to carry out aerial surveillance work on their vineyards, fruit trees, berries, rapeseed and grain crops. The data collected during the drone's flight provides radiography of unprecedented precision to identify the needs of each plot of land (NDVI maps and zonings). Parrot Bluegrass Fields is the only complete end-to-end drone solution designed from the ground up to make data collection and analysis quick, easy and efficient. It enables farmers to increase their independence to analyze their plots of land without needing to use outside contractors.
Front Camera & Multispectral Sensor: Equipped with a Sequoia Multispectral Sensor and 14MP front RGB camera, the Parrot Bluegrass Fields is the perfect professional drone solution for visual scouting and crop mapping.
- Sequoia Multispectral Sensor: An industry-leading multispectral Parrot Sequoia sensor allows for highly accurate crop mapping. Four multispectral mono-bands (Red, Green, RedEdge, Near Infrared), 1.2 MP, global shutter / Multispectral GSD of 11.5 cm/px (4.5 in/px) at 122 m (400ft) flight height (or 2.8 cm/px (0.8 in/px) at 30 m / 100 ft).
- 14MP Front RGB Camera: The front 14 MP RGB Camera provides fast and effective live scouting of problem areas, including the capture of photos and Full HD-quality video at 1080p.
ParrotFields Mobile App: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields includes a one-year subscription to the ParrotFields mobile app. The ParrotFields mobile app is currently available for select Apple iPads only (including iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, iPad 5, and iPad mini 4 with iOS 11.0 or later). The ParrotFields is a mobile app dedicated to making agriculture mapping and scouting quick and simple from the Parrot Bluegrass Fields aerial drone, the included SkyController 2, and your compatible Apple iOS device.
- With the ParrotFields mobile app, you can perform fully automatic flights or fly manually over your crops.
- From the app you can generate NDVI maps in real-time during the flight.
- You'll be able to compare NDVI maps to monitor the evolution of your crops on your mobile device.
- The app lets you explore areas of interest via unique semi-automated scouting flights.
- You can capture photos and videos using the ParrotFields mobile app.
- Increase the value of the aerial data you capture by adding text annotations within the app with the added benefit of taking GPS-tagged picture.
Note: The ParrotFields Mobile app is not currently support by Android OS devices.
SkyController 2: The SkyController 2 works in conjunction with your compatible Apple iPad device and the ParrotFields mobile app to control the Parrot Bluegrass Fields agriculture aerial drone. Your compatible iPad device attaches to SkyController 2 via its mobile device holder and plugs into the controller via USB using the cable that comes with your iPad. The SkyController 2 wirelessly connects to the Parrot Bluegrass Fields aerial drone over 2.4GHz and 5GHZ WiFi (ac) with a wireless range up to 1.24 miles. The SkyController 2 features joystick and push-button controls to manually pilot the Parrot Bluegrass Fields drone, or you can select an auto-pilot flight mode from the ParrotFields mobile app on your compatible Apple iPad device.
Crop Mapping: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields facilitates the visual surveillance work of farmers, so that crop inspection is no longer a long and demanding operation. The Parrot Bluegrass Fields makes it easy to map multiple fields and generate NDVI crop maps. Just plan your flight using the ParrotFields mobile app and the drone will fly above your field, automatically map the area and create an NDVI map in real-time. The analysis of images and videos captured during the drone's flight gives you a quick overview of your plots of land without having to cover the entire field yourself. With Parrot Bluegrass Fields, you can fly high to cover larger areas or fly low for better resolution, depending on your project's requirements.
In-Field Analysis: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields simplifies the life of the farmer who wants to analyze his or her crops. Using the NDVI map processed in real-time, it's easy to instantly analyze and compare crop data, including any potential problem areas. The data captured by the drone is processed to map the plot of land. The farmer then has NDVI maps and zoning available within hours of the flight. You can even compare current NDVI maps with past versions to track the evolution of your crops or add value to your map by adding text annotations. These maps are an accurate X-ray of the entire plot of land to draw up a health inventory of the vegetation. Thanks to the data collected, farmers can quickly analyze their plots of land, identify problem areas and make decisions about the right take action at the right time.
Aerial Visual Scouting: After identifying problem areas, you can perform a semi-automated follow-up flight using the ParrotFields mobile app on any areas that require further analysis. Simply program a second flight based on the NDVI map result and the drone will automatically fly from one identified problem area to another. You can then take manual control of the drone, inspect each area with the front RGB camera (14 MP), take pictures of the video feed with the single push of a button on your Parrot SkyController 2 and get a better understanding of any potential problems affecting your crops.
Ground Scouting: The ParrotFields mobile app also allows you to complete aerial data with ground data. After flying over potential problem areas, operators can walk their fields and take pictures directly using the ParrotFields app. These images are GPS-tagged and can receive additional text annotations for easy reference.
Pix4Dfields Analysis Software: Whether through the cloud or their desktop computer, the Parrot Bluegrass Fields lets operators further analyze the data collected through the supported Pix4Dfields software. With Pix4Dfields, you can identify in-field variability, generate index maps, create prescription maps and much more. The Parrot Bluegrass Fields help you make smarter decisions with greater analysis by providing full access to Pix4DFields drone mapping software for agriculture. Pix4Dfields outputs can even be integrated into almost any FMIS, and directly into tractors, which can then be utilized efficiently in the field and help farmers to know exactly where and how much to fertilize their crops.
- You'll be able to identify in-field variability faster with the new instant processing engine (process 50 ha / 123 ac in 1.5 minutes).
- You can generate predefined or custom index maps for detailed crop performance analysis.
- You can visualize and understand crop trends by comparing different data layers side by side.
- You'll be able to create comprehensive zonation and prescription maps for more precise fertilizer applications.
- You can import or draw field boundaries and annotate crop ‘focus areas’ for a more in-depth inspection.
- You'll be able to export prescription maps to your tractor or Farm Management Information System for seamless integration into existing agriculture workflows.
Note: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields includes a one-year subscription to the Pix4Dfields software (desktop & cloud).
Rechargeable Batteries: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields comes with three rechargeable LiPo (6700mAH) batteries. Only one battery can be installed in a time. A single battery provides up to 25 minutes of flight time. All three batteries total a 75 minute cumulative flight time. The included battery charger can be used to charge the batteries individually.
Backpack: The Parrot Bluegrass Fields is easy to transport thanks to the included tailor-made backpack, which also conveniently houses all of the supplied accessories (including controller, batteries, chargers, propellers, and cables).
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.