About the Parrot ANAFI FPV
A high-flying drone with an immersive birds-eye view
A high-flying drone with an immersive birds-eye view
The Parrot ANAFI drone is equipped with a camera that shoots sharp 4K video and 21-megapixel still photos. This FPV bundle includes Cockpitglasses 3, which give you an incredible immersive view that makes you feel like you're sitting in the pilot's seat while you fly.
And it includes a Skycontroller 3 for more accurate piloting, additional replacement propellers, and a backpack-style carrying case that helps protect your drone and accessories during transport. The 'copter folds up into a compact form that fits perfectly in the case.
Special FPV features
The ANAFI FPV offers unique control options via the Freeflight 6.6 app. They include:
- Cinematic mode, which gives you a realistic view as if you're piloting a glider
- Racing mode, which offers a more aggressive, exciting perspective
- Arcade mode, which lets you steer the drone by pointing the camera where you want to go
- Cameraman mode allows the drone to automatically follow a defined point of interest
- precise camera control and information overlays, which can be accessed via the Cockpitglasses
- includes Skycontroller 3, Cockpitglasses 3, and backpack-style carrying case
- Cockpitglasses show immersive live video from ANAFI's camera
- unique FPV modes offer creative flight control and video options
Parrot ANAFI drone:
- foldable, lightweight design for easy storage and transport
- maximum speed: 33 miles per hour
- up 25 minutes flight time per battery
- accurate, reliable GPS and GLONASS navigation
- FreeFlight 6.6 app enables Touch&Fly, POI (Point of Interest) and Flight Plan modes
- special FPV flight modes: Cinematic, Racing, and Arcade
- slow motion and hyperlapse shooting modes
- app not compatible with Google Pixel devices
- define your flight perimeter with geofencing
- maximum transmission distance: 2-1/2 miles
- 2-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-11/16"D (folded)
- weight: 11.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 21-megapixel camera with 1/2.4'' CMOS image sensor
- shoots 4K Ultra HD video at 30 fps
- f/2.4 aperture
- 3-axis image stabilization (horizontal access locks for a more realistic view in some piloting modes)
- up to 2.8X digital zoom
- shutter speed: 1 to 1/10,000 second
- ISO range: 100-3200
- tilts as much as 90° upward and 90° downward
- Skycontroller 3 with adjustable dock for Apple® or Android™ smartphone
- Cockpitglasses 3 for immersive first-person view
- USB-A to USB-C charging cable
- 16GB microSD memory card and adapter
- eight replacement propellers
- backpack-style carrying case
- Note: The FAA offers the most up-to-date information on safety tips, rules, and regulations for responsible drone use. Many drones need to be registered, and state and/or local laws may restrict their use in some areas.
- MFR # PF728050AA
What's in the box:
- Aerial-drone (w/camera)
- Controller (integrated smartphone holder)
- FPV glasses
- 16 Propellers (8 pre-installed)
- 16GB microSD card (w/ SD card adapter)
- 19.5" USB-C to USB-A cable
- Carry bag
- Super Quick Start Guide
- Flight Safety Guide
- "Radio Information" sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parrot ANAFI FPV
Parrot ANAFI FPV: The Parrot ANAFI FPV is a mini arial drone that offers a powerful and quit propulsion system, rugged construction, plus an ultra-compact and foldable design. The ANAFI comes with one mini arial drone, one remote controller, FPV glasses, a rechargeable battery, 16GB microSD Card with adapter, a USB-C to USB-A cable, 16 propellers, and carry bag.
- Powerful, Quiet Propulsion System: Thanks to its powerful, yet quiet propulsion system, The ANAFI can fly with perfect stability in winds of up to (31 mph), giving you the chance to conduct inspections in light winds.The ANAFI can reach flight speeds up to 34 mph.
- Rugged Construction: The ANAFI features a rugged design and can be depolyed in extreme temperatures from -14°F to 122°F, plus winds up to 31mph with 49mph gusts.
- Ultra-Compact & Fodable Design: The Parrot ANAFI FPV is ultra-compact and lightweight (11.3 oz). It also offers a unique folding design that makes it easy to carry. A carrying bag is included for the ANAFI drone and its included accessories. Its unfolded dimensions are 12.25" (w) x 2.375" (h) x 9.5" (d). Its folded dimensions are 2.6875" (w) x 2.375" (h) x 9.6875" (d).
4K/HDR Camera: The Parrot ANAFI FPV is equipped with a gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera featuring a Sony 1/2.4" CMOS image sensor and LD-ASPH lens with a f/2.4 aperture, 23-69mm (photo) or 26-78 (video) focal length, and 3x digital zoom (2.8x lossless). The lens includes low dispersion aspherical elements, that reduce chromatic aberrations and flare, and guarantee excellent optical performance. With the gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera you can capture up to 4K video and 21MP photos.
- Video: You can choose to record video in 4K Cinema (4096x2160 @ 24fps), 4K UHD (3840x2160 @ 24/25/30fps), FHD (1920x1080 @ 24/25/3048/50/60fps), HD (1280x720 @ 48/50/60fps). Video is recorded with a 69° HFOV (horizontal field of view) and in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Video is recorded in MP4 (H.264) format. The camera provides 1.4x zoom for 4K video, 1.9x zoom for 2.7k video, and 2.8x zoom for 1080p video.
- Photo: Photos can be captured at 21MP (5344x4016) @ 84° HFOV or 16MP (4608x3456) @ 75° HFOV. All photos are captured with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Photos are capture in JPEG or Adobe DNG/RAW. It offer up to 3x digital zoom for photos.
Note: 4K video formats are professional grade media which may not be read natively by older and slower computers. Shoot in 1080p or use a video converter to turn the ANAFI's 4K videos into a more manageable format (like 1080p), if they do not read properly on your equipment. This is especially true for Parrot's 4K Cinema format, which can only be handled by professional editing equipment.
Tilting 3-Axis Gimbal w/ Hybrid Image Stabilization: The 4K/HDR camera rests in a 3-axis gimbal that tilts vertically to +/-90°. The gimbal is stabilized on 3 axes, and tilts up to 180° for Zenith (+90°) and nadir (-90°) views from above or under an object or structure. The gimbal's 3-axis hybrid image stabilization system ensures smooth videos and steady photos, as it reduces the rolling shutter effect and vibrations. The ANAFI can shoot pictures and videos even when it is not flying. You can hold it in your hand and use it as a premium stabilized 4K video and photo camera thanks to its 3-Axis gimbal.
External Memory Storage: The Parrot ANAFI FPV's photo and video images are recorded onto a microSD card. The microSD card can be removed from the drone and inserted in a Windows PC or Mac computer for playback. You can also download videos and photos on the microSD card inserted in the ANAFI to your compatible Apple iOS or Android device using the FreeFlight 6 app. The rechargeable smart LiPo battery must be removed from the drone to access the microSD card slot. A 16GB microSD card is included with the ANAFI.
FreeFlight 6 App: The FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) provides a live-view screen with real-time video footage, while giving you access access to advanced flight and camera functions. The FreeFlight 6 app works in conjunction with the included Parrot SkyController 3 and your compatible mobile device to operate the ANAFI aerial drone.
- Live View: Using the FreeFlight 6 app, your compatible mobile device acts a live video screen for the drone's dual camera system. It will support up to 720p HD (1280x720) live video streaming.
- Flight Control: The FreeFlight 6 app promotes ease of use and offers a wide range of flight modes, adaptable to your level of expertise, whether you're a novice or experienced drone pilot.
- Camera Functions: The FreeFlight 6 app offers advance video and photography modes to capture compelling aerial images. The app can also be used for playback of your recorded images and to download the images to your mobile device.
- Firmware Updates: Firmware updates for the ANAFI are done through the Free Flight 6 app. You mobile device will require access to the Internet.
Notes: The FreeFlight 6 app and a compatible Apple iOS or Android device is required for operation of the ANAFI.
SkyController 3 w/ Smartphone Holder: The included SkyController 3 works in conjunction with your Apple iOS or Android OS device and the FreeFlight 6 app. The SkyController 3 provides wireless connectivity, joystick & push-button control, as well as mobile device connection. The SkyController 3 provides 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz wireless operation of the ANAFI up 2.4 miles away. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device will attach to the SkyController 3 via the mobile device holder and plug into the SkyController via the USB cable that comes with your smartphone or tablet device. The SkyController is powered by a rechargeable 2500mAH/3.6V battery that can last between 2.5 hours and 3.5 hours (depends on connected mobile device). The integrated smartphone holder can support smartphone devices with up to a 6.2" screen that measure 2.0" to 3.0" tall when positioned horizontally (landscape orientation).
Note: Parrot asks you to switch off your smartphone's WiFi connection when flying drone with both the Parrot SkyController 3 and your phone. With this configuration, the drone and the controller communicate through ANAFI's built-in WiFi and activating your phone's WiFi will result in interference. Therefore, your phone's WiFi should only be activated and connected to ANAFI's built-in WiFi when you want to fly the drone using your smartphone as its sole controller.
FPV Glasses: The included FPV glasses let you discover and experience first-person-view for fully immersive flights. You simply insert a compatible Apple iPhone or Android smartphone (with the FreeFlight 6 App installed) inside the Parrot FPV glasses and place them over your eyes (can be used with prescription eyewear). Your Apple iPhone or Android smartphone must also connect to the included Skycontroller 3 via USB. The first person video footage is captured by the drone's front camera and wirelessly transmitted to the FreeFlight 6 app on your smartphone inside the Parrot FPV glasses. The first-person-view experience features perfectly stable images, with no distortion, and follows the Parrot ANAFI FPV drone's flight path with a display of a radar and telemetric data. You'll feel as if you were inside the cockpit of your aerial drone.
Note: The FPV glasses fit most Apple iPhone and Android smartphone devices up to 6.5".
Auto Pilot Modes: In addition to manual flight control, the Parrot ANAFI FPV offers intelligent auto-pilot modes for beginner users and just for fun.
- Touch&Fly (Waypoints:) This auto-flight mode lets you explore your surroundings without piloting your drone, by simply pointing to positions on the screen of your compatible mobile device running the FreeFlight 6 app.
- Touch&Fly (POI): In the FreeFlight 6app, you can create a POI (Point of Interest) by pressing down on a specific point on the map. You can then fly around this point, enabling you to catch this area from all angles.
- Flight Plan: In the FreeFlight 6 app, you can plan your flight route on the map screen of your compatible mobile device's touchscreen, and then sit back and enjoy the scenery as the drone takes off for an automatic flight.
- Follow Me: Thanks to patented visual recognition technology paired with the GPS of your smartphone, the drone can film you horizontally and vertically without you having to touch the controls.
- CameraMan: This framing mode assistant allows you to automatically frame your subject, while maintaining control of the drone's movements.
Video Recording: The Parrot ANAFI FPV features manual and auto video modes, based on your expertise level and application.
- Video Modes: The Parrot ANAFI FPV offers five video modes to shoot remarkable video footage.
- Standard: The Standard mode creates an optimized video format in which you can select one of the different resolutions available.
- Slow-Motion: This mode automatically records with an on-the-spot slow-motion result, ideal for sport or action based footage.
- Hyperlapse: The Hyperlapse mode instantly accelerates videos to capture a sunset, a sunrise or clouds passing by. The Hyperlapse speed factor can be set to x15, x30, x60, x120, or x240.
- Cinema: This mode records videos in 4K Cinema DCI resolution with 4096x2160 pixels and a 17:9 aspect ratio. A must-have for professionals in film and video production.
- High Frame Rate: The High Frame Rate mode is for professionals; it has a higher frame rate for post-production treatment.
- Smart Video Modes: The Parrot ANAFI FPV utilizes state-of-the-art AI (artificial intelligence) to capture auto-pilot aerial videos. You can choose from a variety of Smart Video modes to capture Selfie and Landscape videos.
- Selfie Modes: Shoot aerial selfies using the following AI modes -
- Dolly Zoom: This mode keeps your subject the same size while the background zooms in-and-out to defy perspective.
- Boomerang: The Boomerang mode follows a trajectory of the same name, moving the drone from front to back, maintaining you at the center.
- Orbit: Orbit mode spins the aerial drone horizontally around you.
- Parabola: The Parabola mode flies the drone from your front to your back following a bow trajectory.
- Landscape Mode: Shoot beautiful landscape video automatically using the following AI modes -
- 360°: In This mode, the drone spins 360°, shooting your surroundings in one smooth video.
- Reveal: In Reveal mode, the drone moves forward filming the ground, gradually lifting its camera to reveal the landscape on the horizon.
- Epic: In Epic mode, the drone gradually flies away at a distance of 196.85', putting the landscape in perspective.
- Rise: In this mode, the drone rises with the camera facing the ground and gradually turning towards the horizon, ending with a panorama revealing the backdrop.
- Selfie Modes: Shoot aerial selfies using the following AI modes -
- Single: In Single mode, you can take simple, high quality shots in JPEG or Adobe DNG/RAW format.
- Panorama: In this mode, the drone automatically records a succession of shots and creates 360° Sphere, Little Planet, or Tunnel panoramas (takes 42 photos in about 180 seconds). A 180° Horizontal (takes 10 photos in about 40 seconds) and 180° Vertical (takes 8 photos in about 35 seconds) panorama mode are also available.
- Timer: The Timer mode achieves the perfect hassle-free selfie (dronie). Timer can be set to 3, 5, or 10 seconds.
- Burst: Burst mode will capture 10 photos in 1 second; perfect for shooting a fast scene.
- Bracketing: In this mode, you can photograph the same scene with different exposure values. Choose 3 photos (+/-1EV), 5 photos (+/-2EV), or 7 photos (+/-3EV).
- Time-Laps: Time-Lapse mode will take single shots at a regular time interval which can be set a 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 120 seconds. .
- GPS Lapse: The GPS Laps mode lets you capture photos at a specific distance interval which can be set a 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, or 200 meters. .
Auto & Manual Camera Settings: The Parrot ANAFI FPV provides a variety of auto & manual camera adjustments so you get the best recorded photo or video image.
- Exposure Value (EV): The EV expresses the general darkness or lightness of a photo or video. At +0.0 (zero) EV, the ANAFI automatically adapts the shutter speed and the ISO value to deliver a perfectly balanced photo or video (not too dark and not too light). You can also manually adjust the Exposure Value from -3EV to +3EV. You can also lock the general exposure of a view, to fine-tune the framing of a shot and keep the desired exposure.
- Shutter Speed (S): Shutter Speed refers to the time, in fraction of second, when the shutter stays open to capture a still picture; it is called exposure time. In Auto mode, the drone selects the best shutter speed and ISO value couple, in real time, depending on the scene and available light. In consequence, selecting a shutter speed also deactivates the Auto ISO mode. As the f/2.4 aperture lens lets a lot of light in, even compared to most professional SLR lenses, the drone can achieve very fast "S" values (down to 1/10000s) and capture very fast action. It can also be used for slow shots, up to 1 second for the photo mode.
- ISO Value (ISO): The ISO value refers to the sensitivity of the sensor. The lower the ISO value, the lower the sensitivity of the sensor, and the lower the image noise (digital grain). Therefore, under good lighting conditions, such as sunny daylight outside shots, low ISO values (100 or 200) should always be selected. The sensitivity of the sensor increases as the ISO value goes up; 3200 ISO can be used to capture low light interior scenes, or exterior shots at dusk or dawn, for example.
- White Balance (WB): White Balance deals with the color temperature of the light. Cold lights make the whites look blue. Warm lights make the whites look yellow. By default, in Auto WB mode, the camera keeps the whites white, at all times: it adapts its WB value in real time. However, setting a defined WB value for an entire shot is especially useful for professional filming; stable WB facilitates the grading (color treatment) of videos.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): HDR (high dynamic range) is another great way to enhance a video or a photo. The HDR option is available for Standard video mode 4K, 2.7K and 1080p formats (regardless of frame rate values) and JPEG photos.
- Color Styles: You can choose between 5 Color Styles - Natural, P-LOG, Intense, Pastel, and Manual. Natural Style respects nature's color's and tones. P-LOG Style makes images a little less contrasted and is ideal for video editing and processing. Intense Style makes images more saturated and contrasted. Pastel Style makes images less saturated, while bringing out the warmest tones. You can also choose to manually adjust Saturation, Contrast, and Sharpness.
Safety Features: The Parrot ANAFI FPV and the FreeFlight 6 app contains safety features, such as Geofence and Smart RTH (Return To Home).
- Geofence: Geofence is a virtual barrier that you define preventing the drone from flying out of a designated zone, ideal for drone novices. You can limit both the radius and altitude of the perimeter. If you try and exceed the imposed limits, the drone automatically resists and stays static.
- Smart RTH: With the Smart RTH (return to takeoff point) feature, if the drone ever loses connection or if the battery life is low, it automatically returns to your current location. The drone calculates the duration of the return journey, so it always comes back in time.
Note: If you feel confident you can bring ANAFI back to its take-off point or if you wish to land it at a different location, you can cancel the auto-RTH function.
FreeFlight 6 Gallery: The FreeFlight 6 Gallery is part of the FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) and lets you playback your recorded images, create panoramas, download images to your mobile device, and share your images to social media.
- Image Playback: You can preview visible and thermography videos from the FreeFlight 6 Gallery of the FreeFlight 6 app without downloading the images to your device.
- Panorama 360 Editor: Use the Panorama 360 Editor in FreeFlight 6 app on your compatible mobile device to create any kind of panorama.
- Download To Mobile Device: You can download your recorded directly from the microSD card inserted in the ANAFI to your mobile device using FreeFlight 6 Gallery and the FreeFlight app.
- Social Media: Share your photos and videos directly on some of the most popular social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Photos) from the FreeFlight 6 app.
Rechargeable Smart Battery: The Parrot ANAFI FPV includes comes with a rechargeable smart LiPo battery (2700mAh/7.6V). The battery provides up to 25 minutes of flight time. There is no battery charger included. The battery can be recharged using a 3-amp AC/USB power adapter rated at 5V, 9V, or 12V (sold separately). It takes approximately 105 minutes to full charge the battery.
Note: The rechargeable smart batteries should be fully charged before flight.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.