About the Parrot ANAFI Work
An excellent tool for aerial inspection
The Parrot ANAFI Work drone can create a striking 3D computer model of a building with the help of Pix4DModel software (one-year subscription included).
An excellent tool for aerial inspection
The Parrot ANAFI Work is designed to help contractors, real estate agents, and building inspectors visualize their projects. It boasts a 21-megapixel 4K Ultra HD camera that tilts upward and downward by as much as 90 degrees so you can get exactly the right angle. It folds up for easy transport, and comes with a carrying case with shoulder strap.
The included Skycontroller 3 docks with your Apple® or Android™ smartphone. Parrot's FreeFlight 6 app lets you manually pilot the drone, or you can use a special flight mode to ensure precise measurements. POI (point of interest) mode causes the drone to circle a chosen object at a constant distance. Flight Plan lets you map out and save a route, so you can repeat it exactly, to show progress over time.
Valuable software subscription
When you buy the Parrot ANAFI Work, you get a one-year subscription to Pix4DModel software. It's designed to take the images your drone collects and build a 3D model for analysis and sharing. Results can be exported to compatible third-party architectural software.
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- maximum speed: 33 miles per hour
- up 25 minutes flight time per battery
- accurate, reliable GPS and GLONASS navigation
- FreeFlight 6 app enables Touch&Fly, POI (Point of Interest) and Flight Plan modes
- define your flight perimeter with geofencing
- maximum transmission distance: 2-1/2 miles
- 6-15/16"W x 2-1/2"H x 9-7/16"D
- weight: 11.3 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- 21-megapixel camera with 1/2.4'' CMOS image sensor
- shoots 4K Ultra HD video at 30 fps
- 4K Cinema: 4096 x 2160 at 24fps
- f/2.4 aperture
- 3-axis image stabilization
- up to 3X digital zoom
- shutter speed: 1 to 1/10,000 second
- ISO range: 100-3200
- tilts as much as 90° upward and 90° downward
- create 3D models of buildings
- accurately measure distances and surface areas
- show construction progress over time
- export results to third-party architecture software
- one-year subscription included
- Skycontroller 3 with adjustable dock for Apple® or Android™ smartphone
- four rechargeable flight batteries
- five-port USB battery charger
- USB-A to USB-C charging cables
- 16GB SD memory card
- four replacement propellers
- carrying case with shoulder strap
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
- MFR # PF728100
What's in the box:
- Aerial-drone (w/ visual and thermal cameras)
- Controller (integrated smartphone holder)
- 4 Batteries (1 pre-installed)
- Battery charger
- 16 Propellers (8 pre-installed)
- 16GB microSD card (w/ SD card adapter)
- Five 19.5" USB-C to USB-A cables
- 20" AC power cord
- Carry bag
- Super Quick Start Guide
- Safety Guidelines
- "Radio Information" sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parrot ANAFI Work
ANAFI Work: ANAFI Work is an ultra compact tool for professionals, helping them make informed decisions using the drone's aerial insights. The Parrot ANAFI Work aerial drone can be used in many types of business, public, and emergency applications.
- Use the ANAFI Work's high-resolution camera for your inspection projects eliminates the risks of climbing on structures such as scaffoldings, ladders or elevated platforms, making the whole process safer for professionals.
- Use ANAFI Work's controllable tilt gimbal to capture images of hard-to-reach areas. You'll no longer need to block off access to a inspection site or rent costly equipment such as a mobile crane or an aerial work platform. Your workflow is quicker and cost-efficient.
- The 3axis hybrid image stabilization of the ANAFI Work lets you shoot videos and photographs with precision, without having to worry about balancing the ANAFI Work during flight.
- The ANaFI Work's 12MP camera allows you to zoom in on an area that requires precision without any resolution loss; meaning that you can detect cracks or defects in buildings or infrastructures at a safe distance from obstacles.
Powerful, Quiet Propulsion System: Thanks to its powerful, yet quiet propulsion system, The ANAFI Work can fly with perfect stability in winds of up to (31 mph), giving you the chance to conduct inspections in light winds.The ANAFI Work can reach flight speeds up to 34 mph.
4K/HDR Camera: The Parrot ANAFI Work is equipped with a gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera featuring a Sony 1/2.4" CMOS image sensor and LD-ASPH lens with a f/2.4 aperture, 26mm focal length and 3x digital zoom. The lens includes low dispersion aspherical elements, that reduce chromatic aberrations and flare, and guarantee excellent optical performance. The gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera provides visual inspection, letting you accurately inspect a building, capture illustrative elements of the state of a structure or a search area for example, or carry out 3D modeling. With the gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera you can capture up to 4K video and 21MP photos.
- Video: You can choose to record video in 4K Cinema (4096x2160 @ 24fps), 4K UHD (3840x2160 @ 24/25/30fps), FHD (1920x1080 @ 24/25/3048/50/60fps), HD (1280x720 @ 48/50/60fps). Video is recorded with a 69° HFOV (horizontal field of view) and in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Video is recorded in MP4 (H.264) format. The camera provides 1.4x zoom for 4K video, 1.9x zoom for 2.7k video, and 2.8x zoom for 1080p video.
- Photo: Photos can be captured at 12MP (5344x4016) @ 84° HFOV or 16MP (4608x3456) @ 75° HFOV. All photos are captured with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Photos are capture in JPEG or Adobe DNG/RAW. It offer up to 3x digital zoom for photos.
Note: 4K video formats are professional grade media which may not be read natively by older and slower computers. Shoot in 1080p or use a video converter to turn the ANAFI Work's 4K videos into a more manageable format (like 1080p), if they do not read properly on your equipment. This is especially true for Parrot's 4K Cinema format, which can only be handled by professional editing equipment.
Tilting 3-Axis Gimbal w/ Hybrid Image Stabilization: The 4K/HDR camera rests in a 3-axis gimbal that tilts vertically to +/-90°. The gimbal is stabilized on 3 axes, and tilts up to 180° for Zenith (+90°) and nadir (-90°) views above or under structures. The gimbal's 3-axis hybrid image stabilization system ensures smooth videos and steady photos, as it reduces the rolling shutter effect and vibrations. The ANAFI Work can shoot pictures and videos even when it is not flying. You can hold it in your hand and use it as a premium stabilized 4K video and photo camera thanks to its 3-Axis gimbal.
External Memory Storage: The Parrot ANAFI Work's photo and video images are recorded onto a microSD card. The microSD card can be removed from the drone and inserted in a Windows PC or Mac computer for playback. You can also download videos and photos on the microSD card inserted in the ANAFI Work to your compatible Apple iOS or Android device using the FreeFlight 6 app. The rechargeable smart LiPo battery must be removed from the drone to access the microSD card slot. A 16GB microSD card is included with the ANAFI Work.
FreeFlight 6 App: The FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 7.0+ [coming soon]) provides a live-view screen with real-time video footage, while giving you access access to advanced flight and camera functions. The FreeFlight 6 app works in conjunction with the included Parrot SkyController 3 and your compatible mobile device to operate the ANAFI Work aerial drone.
- Live View: Using the FreeFlight 6 app, your compatible mobile device acts a live video screen for the drone's dual camera system. It will support up to 720p HD (1280x720) live video streaming.
- Flight Control: The FreeFlight 6 app promotes ease of use and offers a wide range of flight modes, adaptable to your level of expertise, whether you're a novice or experienced drone pilot.
- Camera Functions: The FreeFlight 6 app offers advance video and photography modes to capture compelling aerial images. The app can also be used for playback of your recorded images and to download the images to your mobile device.
- Firmware Updates: Firmware updates for the ANAFI Work are done through the Free Flight 6 app. You mobile device will require access to the Internet.
Notes: The FreeFlight 6 app and a compatible Apple iOS or Android device is required for operation of the ANAFI Work.
SkyController 3 w/ Smartphone Holder: The included SkyController 3 works in conjunction with your Apple iOS or Android OS device and the FreeFlight 6 app. The SkyController 3 provides wireless connectivity, joystick & push-button control, as well as mobile device connection. The SkyController 3 provides 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz wireless operation of the ANAFI Work up 2.4 miles away. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device will attach to the SkyController 3 via the mobile device holder and plug into the SkyController via the USB cable that comes with your smartphone or tablet device. The SkyController is powered by a rechargeable 2500mAH/3.6V battery that can last between 2.5 hours and 3.5 hours (depends on connected mobile device). The integrated smartphone holder can support smartphone devices with up to a 6.2" screen that measure 2.0" to 3.0" tall when positioned horizontally (landscape orientation).
Note: Parrot asks you to switch off your smartphone's WiFi connection when flying drone with both the Parrot SkyController 3 and your phone. With this configuration, the drone and the controller communicate through ANAFI Work's built-in WiFi and activating your phone's WiFi will result in interference. Therefore, your phone's WiFi should only be activated and connected to ANAFI Work's built-in WiFi when you want to fly the drone using your smartphone as its sole controller.
Auto Pilot Modes: In addition to manual flight control, the Parrot ANAFI Work offers intelligent auto-pilot modes for beginner users and just for fun.
- Touch&Fly (Waypoints:) This auto-flight mode lets you explore your surroundings without piloting your drone, by simply pointing to positions on the screen of your compatible mobile device running the FreeFlight 6 app.
- Touch&Fly (POI): In the FreeFlight 6app, you can create a POI (Point of Interest) by pressing down on a specific point on the map. You can then fly around this point, enabling you to catch this area from all angles.
- Flight Plan: In the FreeFlight 6 app, you can plan your flight route on the map screen of your compatible mobile device's touchscreen, and then sit back and enjoy the scenery as the drone takes off for an automatic flight.
- Follow Me: Thanks to patented visual recognition technology paired with the GPS of your smartphone, the drone can film you horizontally and vertically without you having to touch the controls.
- CameraMan: This framing mode assistant allows you to automatically frame your subject, while maintaining control of the drone's movements.
Video Recording: The Parrot ANAFI Work features manual and auto video modes, based on your expertise level and application.
- Video Modes: The Parrot ANAFI Work offers five video modes to shoot remarkable video footage.
- Standard: The Standard mode creates an optimized video format in which you can select one of the different resolutions available.
- Slow-Motion: This mode automatic records with an on-the-spot slow-motion result, ideal for sport or action based footage.
- Hyperlapse: The Hyperlapse mode instantly accelerates videos to capture a sunset, a sunrise or clouds passing by. The Hyperlapse speed factor can be set to x15, x30, x60, x120, or x240.
- Cinema: This mode records videos in 4K Cinema DCI resolution with 4096x2160 pixels and a 17:9 aspect ratio. A must-have for professionals in film and video production.
- High Frame Rate: The High Frame Rate mode is for professionals; it has a higher frame rate for post-production treatment.
- Smart Video Modes: The Parrot ANAFI Work utilizes state-of-the-art AI (artificial intelligence) to capture auto-pilot aerial videos. You can choose from a variety of Smart Video modes to capture Selfie and Landscape videos.
- Selfie Modes: Shoot aerial selfies using the following AI modes -
- Dolly Zoom: This mode keeps your subject the same size while the background zooms in-and-out to defy perspective.
- Boomerang: The Boomerang mode follows a trajectory of the same name, moving the drone from front to back, maintaining you at the center.
- Orbit: Orbit mode spins the aerial drone horizontally around you.
- Parabola: The Parabola mode flies the drone from your front to your back following a bow trajectory.
- Landscape Mode: Shoot beautiful landscape video automatically using the following AI modes -
- 360°: In This mode, the drone spins 360°, shooting your surroundings in one smooth video.
- Reveal: In Reveal mode, the drone moves forward filming the ground, gradually lifting its camera to reveal the landscape on the horizon.
- Epic: In Epic mode, the drone gradually flies away at a distance of 196.85', putting the landscape in perspective.
- Rise: In this mode, the drone rises with the camera facing the ground and gradually turning towards the horizon, ending with a panorama revealing the backdrop.
- Selfie Modes: Shoot aerial selfies using the following AI modes -
- Single: In Single mode, you can take simple, high quality shots in JPEG or Adobe DNG/RAW format.
- Panorama: In this mode, the drone automatically records a succession of shots and creates 360° Sphere, Little Planet, or Tunnel panoramas (takes 42 photos in about 180 seconds). A 180° Horizontal (takes 10 photos in about 40 seconds) and 180° Vertical (takes 8 photos in about 35 seconds) panorama mode are also available.
- Timer: The Timer mode achieves the perfect hassle-free selfie (dronie). Timer can be set to 3, 5, or 10 seconds.
- Burst: Burst mode will capture 10 photos in 1 second; perfect for shooting a fast scene.
- Bracketing: In this mode, you can photograph the same scene with different exposure values. Choose 3 photos (+/-1EV), 5 photos (+/-2EV), or 7 photos (+/-3EV).
- Time-Laps: Time-Lapse mode will take single shots at a regular time interval which can be set a 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 120 seconds. .
- GPS Lapse: The GPS Laps mode lets you capture photos at a specific distance interval which can be set a 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, or 200 meters. .
Auto & Manual Camera Settings: The Parrot ANAFI Work provides a variety of auto & manual camera adjustments so you get the best recorded photo or video image.
- Exposure Value (EV): The EV expresses the general darkness or lightness of a photo or video. At +0.0 (zero) EV, the ANAFI Work automatically adapts the shutter speed and the ISO value to deliver a perfectly balanced photo or video (not too dark and not too light). You can also manually adjust the Exposure Value from -3EV to +3EV. You can also lock the general exposure of a view, to fine-tune the framing of a shot and keep the desired exposure.
- Shutter Speed (S): Shutter Speed refers to the time, in fraction of second, when the shutter stays open to capture a still picture; it is called exposure time. In Auto mode, the drone selects the best shutter speed and ISO value couple, in real time, depending on the scene and available light. In consequence, selecting a shutter speed also deactivates the Auto ISO mode. As the f/2.4 aperture lens lets a lot of light in, even compared to most professional SLR lenses, the drone can achieve very fast "S" values (down to 1/10000s) and capture very fast action. It can also be used for slow shots, up to 1 second for the photo mode.
- ISO Value (ISO): The ISO value refers to the sensitivity of the sensor. The lower the ISO value, the lower the sensitivity of the sensor, and the lower the image noise (digital grain). Therefore, under good lighting conditions, such as sunny daylight outside shots, low ISO values (100 or 200) should always be selected. The sensitivity of the sensor increases as the ISO value goes up; 3200 ISO can be used to capture low light interior scenes, or exterior shots at dusk or dawn, for example.
- White Balance (WB): White Balance deals with the color temperature of the light. Cold lights make the whites look blue. Warm lights make the whites look yellow. By default, in Auto WB mode, the camera keeps the whites white, at all times: it adapts its WB value in real time. However, setting a defined WB value for an entire shot is especially useful for professional filming; stable WB facilitates the grading (color treatment) of videos.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): HDR (high dynamic range) is another great way to enhance a video or a photo. The HDR option is available for Standard video mode 4K, 2.7K and 1080p formats (regardless of frame rate values) and JPEG photos.
- Color Styles: You can choose between 5 Color Styles - Natural, P-LOG, Intense, Pastel, and Manual. Natural Style respects nature's color's and tones. P-LOG Style makes images a little less contrasted and is ideal for video editing and processing. Intense Style makes images more saturated and contrasted. Pastel Style makes images less saturated, while bringing out the warmest tones. You can also choose to manually adjust Saturation, Contrast, and Sharpness.
Safety Features: The Parrot ANAFI Work and the FreeFlight 6 app contains safety features, such as Geofence and Smart RTH (Return To Home).
- Geofence: Geofence is a virtual barrier that you define preventing the drone from flying out of a designated zone, ideal for drone novices. You can limit both the radius and altitude of the perimeter. If you try and exceed the imposed limits, the drone automatically resists and stays static.
- Smart RTH: With the Smart RTH (return to takeoff point) feature, if the drone ever loses connection or if the battery life is low, it automatically returns to your current location. The drone calculates the duration of the return journey, so it always comes back in time.
Note: If you feel confident you can bring ANAFI Work back to its take-off point or if you wish to land it at a different location, you can cancel the auto-RTH function.
FreeFlight 6 Gallery: The FreeFlight 6 Gallery is part of the FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) and lets you playback your recorded images, create panoramas, download images to your mobile device, and share your images to social media.
- Image Playback: You can preview visible and thermography videos from the FreeFlight 6 Gallery of the FreeFlight 6 app without downloading the images to your device.
- Panorama 360 Editor: Use the Panorama 360 Editor in FreeFlight 6 app on your compatible mobile device to create any kind of panorama.
- Download To Mobile Device: You can download your recorded directly from the microSD card inserted in the ANAFI Work to your mobile device using FreeFlight 6 Gallery and the FreeFlight app.
- Social Media: Share your photos and videos directly on some of the most popular social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Photos) from the FreeFlight 6 app.
3D-Modeling Software: The Parrot ANAFI Work supports the Pix4Dcapture (for Apple iOS 10.3+ and Android OS 4.4+), plus comes with a one-year subscription to Pix4Dmodel web-based software. With the ANAFI Work and and Pix4Dmodel software you can easily and quickly capture accurate aerial data and create 3D models of buildings and infrastructures. This software solution lets you accurately measure distances and surface areas, perform post-flight inspections on 3D models, share your markers or 3D models in a few clicks directly using any web browser on your Windows PC or Mac computer. For optimal results on Pix4Dmodel, fly the ANAFI Work with Pix4Dcapture, the free Pix4D drone flight planning and image acquisition mobile app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). The ANAFI Work and Pix4D software is the perfect solution for many business and emergency applications.
- Supervision: The Parrot business solution, which combines drone and Pix4D technology, gives the site manager constant control over real-time works and sharing these with teams. It creates a 3D model that can help understanding of all the issues of a construction project that can then be shared with their clients.
- Estimates: The ANAFI Work and Pix4D software provides precise measurements to complete visibility of the work, even in difficult areas, the parrot drone is an innovative tool for estimating quotes and anticipating any future requirements.
- Inspections: This professional Parrot solution allows you to capture photos, even in hard-to-reach areas, inspect an entire works site and carry out real-time diagnostics. Comprehensive and reliable reports are guaranteed.
- Investigation: By combining photos and 3D modeling, investigators can rely on accurate information, even after inspecting a terrain, for highly reliable reports.
Rechargeable Smart Batteries: The Parrot ANAFI Work comes with four rechargeable smart LiPo batteries (2700mAh/7.6V); only one battery can be installed in the drone at a time. A single battery provides up to 25 minutes of flight time, while all three batteries provide up to 78 minutes of accumulated flight time. The included battery charger can fully recharge one of the smart batteries in approximately 100 minutes. You can charge all three batteries at once, however, the charging time will increase dramatically.
Note: The rechargeable smart batteries should be fully charged before flight.
Ultra-Compact & Fodable Design: The Parrot ANAFI Work is ultra-compact and lightweight (11.3 oz). It also offers a unique folding design that makes it easy to carry. A carrying bag is included for the ANAFI Work drone and its included accessories.
- Unfolded Dimensions: 9.5" (w) x 2.625" (h) x 6.9375" (d)
- Folded Dimensions: 2.6875" (w) x 2.625" (h) x 9.625" (d)
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.