About the Parrot ANAFI Thermal
A versatile tool for aerial inspection
The Parrot ANAFI Thermal features a 21-megapixel 4K camera and a FLIR Lepton® 3.5 thermal imaging camera for safe, precise inspection and monitoring.
A versatile tool for aerial inspection
The Parrot ANAFI Thermal is a versatile tool for building inspection, fire/rescue, and non-invasive wildilfe monitoring. It boasts a 21-megapixel 4K Ultra HD camera and integrated FLIR Lepton® 3.5 thermal imaging camera on a 180° tilting gimbal. The drone folds up for easy transport and comes with a carrying case with shoulder strap.
Precise thermal imaging
Parrot's FreeFlight 6 app helps you analyze and interpret data from the thermal camera. It can display the 4K camera's standard view, the thermal camera's view or a merged image that combines visible and invisible data.
You can also select one of three special viewing modes: Absolute shows a range of temperature values set by the user. Spot isolates and displays hottest or coldest areas in an image, and Relative displays range of temperatures shown in an image, from hottest to coldest.
Special flight modes
The included Skycontroller 3 docks with your Apple® or Android™ smartphone. The app lets you manually pilot the drone, or you can use a special flight mode to ensure precise measurements. POI (point of interest) mode causes the drone to circle a chosen object at a constant distance. Flight Plan lets you map out and save a route, so you can repeat it exactly in the future.
There are also three special cinematic flight modes for capturing movie-style shots: 360°, Reveal, Spiral and Epic.
- foldable, lightweight design makes it easy to carry to your launch destination
- integrated 4K camera and thermal camera on 180° tilting gimbal mount
- maximum speed: 34 miles per hour
- up to 26 minutes flight time per battery
- accurate, reliable GPS and GLONASS navigation
- maximum transmission distance: 2-1/2 miles
- 2-3/4"W x 2-9/16"H x 8-5/8"D (folded)
- 12-7/16"W x 2-9/16"H x 9-1/2"D (unfolded)
- weight: 13.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
4K HDR camera:
- 21-megapixel camera with 1/2.4'' Sony CMOS image sensor
- shoots 4K Ultra HD video at 30 fps
- 4K Cinema: 4096 x 2160 at 24fps
- f/2.4 aperture
- 3-axis image stabilization
- up to 3X digital zoom
- shutter speed: 1 to 1/10,000 second
- ISO range: 100-3200
- compatible with DNG/RAW and P-LOG professional formats
FLIR Lepton® 3.5 thermal imaging camera:
- radiometric microbolometer detects hot spots, cold spots and thermal leaks
- dynamic range: -10° to +140°C (high gain), -10° to +400°C (low gain)
- precision: ±5% (high gain), ±10% (low gain)
FreeFlight 6 app for iOS® and Android™:
- not compatible with Google Pixel devices
- enables Touch&Fly, POI (Point of Interest) and Flight Plan modes
- define your flight perimeter with geofencing
- cinematic shooting modes: 360°, Reveal, Spiral and Epic
- displays standard view, thermal view or merged image
- special viewing modes:
- Absolute: range of temperature values set by the user
- Spot: isolates and displays hottest or coldest areas
- Relative: displays range of temperatures shown in an image, from hottest to coldest
- compatible with FLIR Tools® software
- Skycontroller 3 with adjustable dock for Apple® or Android™ smartphone
- three rechargeable flight batteries
- five-port USB battery charger
- four USB-A to USB-C charging cables
- 16GB microSD memory card
- eight replacement propellers
- carrying case with shoulder strap
- Note: The FAA requires users to register their drones. State and/or local laws may also restrict the use of this drone in certain areas.
- MFR # PF728120AA
What's in the box:
- Aerial-drone (w/ visual and thermal cameras)
- Controller (integrated smartphone holder)
- 3 Batteries (1 pre-installed)
- Battery charger
- Tablet holder
- 16 Propellers (8 pre-installed)
- 16GB microSD card (w/ SD card adapter)
- Four 19.5" USB-C to USB-A cables
- 20" AC power cord
- Carry bag
- Super Quick Start Guide
- Safety Guidelines
Parrot ANAFI Thermal reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Parrot ANAFI Thermal
ANAFI Thermal: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal is a thermal imaging aieral drone which is easy to use, lightweight and powerful. The drone's unique imaging capabilities enable you to take immediate action or analyze recorded photos and videos with unprecedented details. The ANAFI Thermal drone's dual camera system captures both RGB and thermal images. These images are merged in real-time directly within the FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS and Android OS). With the ANAFI Thermal, you can take thermal readings and measure the temperature of a specific scene or point, observe thermal losses on a building, and identify or monitor subjects.
Powerful, Quiet Propulsion System: Thanks to its powerful, yet quiet propulsion system, The ANAFI Thermal can fly with perfect stability in winds of up to (31 mph), giving you the chance to conduct inspections in light winds.The ANAFI Thermal can reach flight speeds up to 34 mph.
4K/HDR Camera: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal is equipped with a gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera featuring a Sony 1/2.4" CMOS image sensor and LD-ASPH lens with a f/2.4 aperture, 26mm focal length and 3x digital zoom. The lens includes low dispersion aspherical elements, that reduce chromatic aberrations and flare, and guarantee excellent optical performance. The gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera provides visual inspection, letting you accurately inspect a building, capture illustrative elements of the state of a structure or a search area for example, or carry out 3D modeling. With the gimbal-mounted 4K/HDR camera you can capture up to 4K video and 21MP photos.
- Video: You can choose to record video in 4K Cinema (4096x2160 @ 24fps), 4K UHD (3840x2160 @ 24/25/30fps), FHD (1920x1080 @ 24/25/3048/50/60fps), HD (1280x720 @ 48/50/60fps). Video is recorded with a 69° HFOV (horizontal field of view) and in a 16:9 aspect ratio. Video is recorded in MP4 (H.264) format. The camera provides 1.4x zoom for 4K video, 1.9x zoom for 2.7k video, and 2.8x zoom for 1080p video.
- Photo: Photos can be captured at 21MP (5344x4016) @ 84° HFOV or 16MP (4608x3456) @ 75° HFOV. All photos are captured with a 4:3 aspect ratio. Photos are capture in JPEG or Adobe DNG/RAW. It offer up to 3x digital zoom for photos.
Note: 4K video formats are professional grade media which may not be read natively by older and slower computers. Shoot in 1080p or use a video converter to turn the ANAFI Thermal's 4K videos into a more manageable format (like 1080p), if they do not read properly on your equipment. This is especially true for Parrot's 4K Cinema format, which can only be handled by professional editing equipment.
FLIR Lepton 3.5 Thermal Imaging Camera: In addition to its 4K camera, the ANAFI Thermal is equipped with a thermal imaging camera that captures infrared radiation to measure and reveal thermal differences. The collected data is directly analyzed by the FreeFlight 6 app to display the temperature of a specific scene or point. Each element of the environment appears in high precision, with visual representations of hot spots, cold spots, thermal leaks and other temperature differences superimposed on the image. The FLIR Lepton 3.5 thermal-imaging camera is integrated into ANAFI Thermal's gimbal. The thermal imaging camera can record JPEG photo (3264x2448) and MP4/H264 (1440x1080) video thermal images with 57° HFOV (horizontal field of view).
- Thermal Sensitivity: <50mK (0.050°C)
- Precision Accuracy: ±5% max. (High-gain) or ±10% max. (Low-gain)
- Temperature Range: -10° to +140°C (High-gain) or -10° to +400°C (Low-gain)
Note: Always remove ANAFI Thermal's lens cap before you power the drone on. The calibration of the camera cannot be achieved with the lens cap on, and furthermore, leaving the lens cap on the camera for the calibration can damage the mechanism of the gimbal.
Tilting 3-Axis Gimbal w/ Hybrid Image Stabilization: Both, the 4K/HDR camera and thermal camera, rest in a 3-axis gimbal that tilts vertically to +/-90°. The gimbal is stabilized on 3 axes, and tilts up to 180° for Zenith (+90°) and nadir (-90°) views above or under structures. The gimbal's 3-axis hybrid image stabilization system ensures smooth videos and steady photos, as it reduces the rolling shutter effect and vibrations. The ANAFI Thermal can shoot pictures and videos even when it is not flying. You can hold it in your hand and use it as a premium stabilized 4K video and photo camera thanks to its 3-Axis gimbal.
External Memory Storage: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal's photo and video images are recorded onto a microSD card. The microSD card can be removed from the drone and inserted in a Windows PC or Mac computer for playback. You can also download videos and photos on the microSD card inserted in the ANAFI Thermal to your compatible Apple iOS or Android device using the FreeFlight 6 app. The rechargeable smart LiPo battery must be removed from the drone to access the microSD card slot. A 16GB microSD card is included with the ANAFI Thermal.
FreeFlight 6 App: The FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) provides a live-view screen with real-time video and thermal footage, while giving you access access to advanced flight controls, camera features, and thermal analysis capabilities. The FreeFlight 6 app works in conjunction with the included Parrot SkyController 3 and your compatible mobile device to operate the ANAFI Thermal aerial drone.
- Live View: Using the FreeFlight 6 app, your compatible mobile device acts a live video screen for the drone's dual camera system. It will support up to 720p HD (1280x720) live video streaming.
- Flight Control: The FreeFlight 6 app promotes ease of use and offers a wide range of flight modes, adaptable to your level of expertise, whether you're a novice or experienced drone pilot.
- Camera Functions: The FreeFlight 6 app offers advance video and photography modes to capture compelling aerial images. The app can also be used for playback of your recorded images and to download the images to your mobile device.
- Thermal Imaging: The FreeFlight 6 app give you access to the drone's thermal features and analysis capabilities. The app allows you to easily switch from an RGB view to a thermal view, or merge the two for a perfectly readable and comprehensible rendering of everything. Depending on your tasks and requirements, use the various imaging tools to isolate a particular element within a scene in real-time or for later analysis.
- Firmware Updates: Firmware updates for the ANAFI Thermal are done through the Free Flight 6 app. You mobile device will require access to the Internet.
- The FreeFlight 6 app and a compatible Apple iOS or Android device is required for operation of the ANAFI Thermal.
- The FreeFlight 6 app is not compatible with Google Pixel devices.
SkyController 3: The included SkyController 3 works in conjunction with your Apple iOS or Android OS device and the FreeFlight 6 app. The SkyController 3 provides wireless connectivity, joystick & push-button control, as well as mobile device connection. The SkyController 3 provides 2.4GHz to 5.8GHz wireless operation of the ANAFI Thermal up 2.4 miles away. Your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device will attach to the SkyController 3 via the mobile device holder and plug into the SkyController via the USB cable that comes with your smartphone or tablet device. The SkyController is powered by a rechargeable 2500mAH/3.6V battery that can last between 2.5 hours and 3.5 hours (depends on connected mobile device).
- Smartphone Holder: The integrated smartphone holder can support smartphone devices with up to a 6.2" screen that measure 2.0" to 3.0" tall when positioned horizontally (landscape orientation).
- Tablet Holder: The included tablet holder can support tablet devices with up to a 10" screen that measure 4.5" to 5.5" tall when positioned horizontally (landscape orientation).
Note: Parrot asks you to switch off your smartphone's WiFi connection when flying drone with both the Parrot SkyController 3 and your phone. With this configuration, the drone and the controller communicate through ANAFI Thermal's built-in WiFi and activating your phone's WiFi will result in interference. Therefore, your phone's WiFi should only be activated and connected to ANAFI Thermal's built-in WiFi when you want to fly the drone using your smartphone as its sole controller.
Auto Pilot Modes: In addition to manual flight control, the Parrot ANAFI Thermal offers intelligent auto-pilot modes for beginner users and just for fun.
- Touch&Fly (Waypoints:) This auto-flight mode lets you explore your surroundings without piloting your drone, by simply pointing to positions on the screen of your compatible mobile device running the FreeFlight 6 app.
- Touch&Fly (POI): In the FreeFlight 6app, you can create a POI (Point of Interest) by pressing down on a specific point on the map. You can then fly around this point, enabling you to catch this area from all angles.
- Flight Plan: In the FreeFlight 6 app, you can plan your flight route on the map screen of your compatible mobile device's touchscreen, and then sit back and enjoy the scenery as the drone takes off for an automatic flight.
- Follow Me: Thanks to patented visual recognition technology paired with the GPS of your smartphone, the drone can film you horizontally and vertically without you having to touch the controls.
- CameraMan: This framing mode assistant allows you to automatically frame your subject, while maintaining control of the drone's movements.
Video Recording: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal features manual and auto video modes, based on your expertise level and application.
- Video Modes: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal offers five video modes to shoot remarkable video footage.
- Standard: The Standard mode creates an optimized video format in which you can select one of the different resolutions available.
- Slow-Motion: This mode automatic records with an on-the-spot slow-motion result, ideal for sport or action based footage.
- Hyperlapse: The Hyperlapse mode instantly accelerates videos to capture a sunset, a sunrise or clouds passing by. The Hyperlapse speed factor can be set to x15, x30, x60, x120, or x240.
- Cinema: This mode records videos in 4K Cinema DCI resolution with 4096x2160 pixels and a 17:9 aspect ratio. A must-have for professionals in film and video production.
- High Frame Rate: The High Frame Rate mode is for professionals; it has a higher frame rate for post-production treatment.
- Smart Video Modes: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal utilizes state-of-the-art AI (artificial intelligence) to capture auto-pilot aerial videos. You can choose from a variety of Smart Video modes to capture Selfie and Landscape videos.
- Selfie Modes: Shoot aerial selfies using the following AI modes -
- Dolly Zoom: This mode keeps your subject the same size while the background zooms in-and-out to defy perspective.
- Boomerang: The Boomerang mode follows a trajectory of the same name, moving the drone from front to back, maintaining you at the center.
- Orbit: Orbit mode spins the aerial drone horizontally around you.
- Parabola: The Parabola mode flies the drone from your front to your back following a bow trajectory.
- Landscape Mode: Shoot beautiful landscape video automatically using the following AI modes -
- 360°: In This mode, the drone spins 360°, shooting your surroundings in one smooth video.
- Reveal: In Reveal mode, the drone moves forward filming the ground, gradually lifting its camera to reveal the landscape on the horizon.
- Epic: In Epic mode, the drone gradually flies away at a distance of 196.85', putting the landscape in perspective.
- Rise: In this mode, the drone rises with the camera facing the ground and gradually turning towards the horizon, ending with a panorama revealing the backdrop.
- Selfie Modes: Shoot aerial selfies using the following AI modes -
- Single: In Single mode, you can take simple, high quality shots in JPEG or Adobe DNG/RAW format.
- Panorama: In this mode, the drone automatically records a succession of shots and creates 360° Sphere, Little Planet, or Tunnel panoramas (takes 42 photos in about 180 seconds). A 180° Horizontal (takes 10 photos in about 40 seconds) and 180° Vertical (takes 8 photos in about 35 seconds) panorama mode are also available.
- Timer: The Timer mode achieves the perfect hassle-free selfie (dronie). Timer can be set to 3, 5, or 10 seconds.
- Burst: Burst mode will capture 10 photos in 1 second; perfect for shooting a fast scene.
- Bracketing: In this mode, you can photograph the same scene with different exposure values. Choose 3 photos (+/-1EV), 5 photos (+/-2EV), or 7 photos (+/-3EV).
- Time-Laps: Time-Lapse mode will take single shots at a regular time interval which can be set a 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, or 120 seconds. .
- GPS Lapse: The GPS Laps mode lets you capture photos at a specific distance interval which can be set a 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, or 200 meters. .
Auto & Manual Camera Settings: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal provides a variety of auto & manual camera adjustments so you get the best recorded photo or video image.
- Exposure Value (EV): The EV expresses the general darkness or lightness of a photo or video. At +0.0 (zero) EV, the ANAFI Thermal automatically adapts the shutter speed and the ISO value to deliver a perfectly balanced photo or video (not too dark and not too light). You can also manually adjust the Exposure Value from -3EV to +3EV. You can also lock the general exposure of a view, to fine-tune the framing of a shot and keep the desired exposure.
- Shutter Speed (S): Shutter Speed refers to the time, in fraction of second, when the shutter stays open to capture a still picture; it is called exposure time. In Auto mode, the drone selects the best shutter speed and ISO value couple, in real time, depending on the scene and available light. In consequence, selecting a shutter speed also deactivates the Auto ISO mode. As the f/2.4 aperture lens lets a lot of light in, even compared to most professional SLR lenses, the drone can achieve very fast "S" values (down to 1/10000s) and capture very fast action. It can also be used for slow shots, up to 1 second for the photo mode.
- ISO Value (ISO): The ISO value refers to the sensitivity of the sensor. The lower the ISO value, the lower the sensitivity of the sensor, and the lower the image noise (digital grain). Therefore, under good lighting conditions, such as sunny daylight outside shots, low ISO values (100 or 200) should always be selected. The sensitivity of the sensor increases as the ISO value goes up; 3200 ISO can be used to capture low light interior scenes, or exterior shots at dusk or dawn, for example.
- White Balance (WB): White Balance deals with the color temperature of the light. Cold lights make the whites look blue. Warm lights make the whites look yellow. By default, in Auto WB mode, the camera keeps the whites white, at all times: it adapts its WB value in real time. However, setting a defined WB value for an entire shot is especially useful for professional filming; stable WB facilitates the grading (color treatment) of videos.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR): HDR (high dynamic range) is another great way to enhance a video or a photo. The HDR option is available for Standard video mode 4K, 2.7K and 1080p formats (regardless of frame rate values) and JPEG photos.
- Color Styles: You can choose between 5 Color Styles - Natural, P-LOG, Intense, Pastel, and Manual. Natural Style respects nature's color's and tones. P-LOG Style makes images a little less contrasted and is ideal for video editing and processing. Intense Style makes images more saturated and contrasted. Pastel Style makes images less saturated, while bringing out the warmest tones. You can also choose to manually adjust Saturation, Contrast, and Sharpness.
Thermal Imaging: Thermal imaging (or infrared (IR) thermography) is the process of acquiring, measuring and analyzing thermal information from non-contact devices, such as the included Thermal FLIR Lepton 3.5 camera. Thermal imaging devices transform invisible IR radiations, or heat transfers, into colored images the human eye can interpret and analyze. The details of the scene are visible and colored to reveal the thermal differences and the areas of loss. You can record both thermal photos and videos. You can utilize 3 Thermal Imaging Modes and a Thermal Analyzer.
- Relative: The Relative Thermal mode is useful to get a quick overview of any scene's temperature range (from the hottest to the coldest). In this mode, even slight heat differences materialize as strong contrasts.
- Spot: The Spot Thermal mode is especially useful to isolate cold or hot spots. Only the hottest or coldest spots are isolated.
- Absolute: The Absolute Thermal Mode is the most versatile of the thermography modes. It enables you to select a custom temperature scale and to focus on it, to achieve extremely precise color readings.
- Analyzer: The Thermal Analyzer provides you with a great tool to achieve quick thermal video analysis, directly from your device. This function gives you full control over the on-screen rendering of any thermography video you have taken with the ANAFI Thermal. From the analyzer you can access thermal preferences, navigate inside your thermography videos, use the temperature picker, modify the thermography modes, and modify the blending between visible and thermal spectrums.
Note: Thermography pictures taken by ANAFI Thermal can be analyzed and processed into a report with the free version of FLIR Tools (for Apple iOS, Android OS, and Windows PC). Thermal videos cannot be saved and exported to your mobile device or computer.
Safety Features: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal and the FreeFlight 6 app contains safety features, such as Geofence and Smart RTH (Return To Home).
- Geofence: Geofence is a virtual barrier that you define preventing the drone from flying out of a designated zone, ideal for drone novices. You can limit both the radius and altitude of the perimeter. If you try and exceed the imposed limits, the drone automatically resists and stays static.
- Smart RTH: With the Smart RTH (return to takeoff point) feature, if the drone ever loses connection or if the battery life is low, it automatically returns to your current location. The drone calculates the duration of the return journey, so it always comes back in time.
Note: If you feel confident you can bring ANAFI Thermal back to its take-off point or if you wish to land it at a different location, you can cancel the auto-RTH function.
FreeFlight 6 Gallery: The FreeFlight 6 Gallery is part of the FreeFlight 6 app (for Apple iOS and Android OS) and lets you playback your recorded images, create panoramas, download images to your mobile device, and share your images to social media.
- Image Playback: You can preview visible and thermography videos from the FreeFlight 6 Gallery of the FreeFlight 6 app without downloading the images to your device.
- Panorama 360 Editor: Use the Panorama 360 Editor in FreeFlight 6 app on your compatible mobile device to create any kind of panorama.
- Download To Mobile Device: You can download your recorded directly from the microSD card inserted in the ANAFI Thermal to your mobile device using FreeFlight 6 Gallery and the FreeFlight app.
- Social Media: Share your photos and videos directly on some of the most popular social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Photos) from the FreeFlight 6 app.
Rechargeable Smart Batteries: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal comes with three rechargeable smart LiPo batteries (2700mAh/7.6V); only one battery can be installed in the drone at a time. A single battery provides up to 26 minutes of flight time, while all three batteries provide up to 78 minutes of accumulated flight time. The included battery charger can fully recharge one of the smart batteries in approximately 75 minutes. You can charge all three batteries at once, however, the charging time will increase dramatically.
Note: The rechargeable smart batteries should be fully charged before flight.
Ultra-Compact & Fodable Design: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal is ultra-compact and lightweight (11.3 oz). It also offers a unique folding design that makes it easy to carry. A carrying bag is included for the ANAFI Thermal drone and its included accessories.
- Unfolded Dimensions: 12.4375" (w) x 2.5625" (h) x 9.5" (d)
- Folded Dimensions: 2.75" (w) x 2.5625" (h) x 8.625" (d)
Applications: The Parrot ANAFI Thermal aerial drone can be used in many types of business, public, and emergency applications.
- As construction industry professionals, like a craftsman or a team member of a Public Works Group, you can produce thermal readings, get an overview of the thermal losses of a facade or observe the condition of a structure. The drone offers cost-control benefits and removes the need for equipment such as ladders and scaffolding.
- As civil security experts, you can remotely and post-intervention, monitor hot points and decide whether, according to the results observed, to retain a team or equipment on site. Whether using 4K images or thermal rendering, searching for people in rugged areas can be faster, without endangering the teams.
- As energy suppliers and transporters, in just a few minutes you can identify a power failure on a high-voltage cable, or isolate a defective solar panel with a light and easy to implement solution.
- As environmental protection and preservation officers, you can operate with the drone discreetly and silently which minimizes potential stress to animals. ANAFI thermal makes it possible to observe, identify and count species while the pilot remains at a safe distance - potentially even protecting animals from poachers through remote monitoring.
FAA Rules & Regulations: Please familiarize yourself with the FAA's rules & regulations for unmanned aircraft systems before flying your drone. Click here for more details.
6 questions already asked