About the Wharfedale Diamond 11.CC
Crisp dialogue from a high-performance center channel speaker
A Wharfedale Diamond 11.CC center channel speaker, shown in Rosewood with grille removed.
Crisp dialogue from a high-performance center channel speaker
Wharfedale's Diamond 11 Series speakers are an amazing value for the money. Serving up clear, intelligible dialogue, the Diamond 11.CC is a great match for the rest of the speakers in the Diamond 11 series. Available in four beautiful finishes, this attractive speaker can enhance any room's décor.
The Diamond 11.CC draws you into the action with two 4" woven Kevlar® woofers and a 1" soft dome tweeter. This trio of drivers reproduces lifelike dialogue and convincing sound effects.
Build a full surround sound system
Combine the 11.CC with other models from Wharfedale's Diamond 11 Series for voice-matched sound:
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- two 4" woven Kevlar woofers
- frequency response: 85-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-150 watts
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass reflex design
- binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- removable grille
- 16-9/16"W x 6-1/8"H x 6-3/4"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHD11CCRWD
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- Foam port plug (pre-installed)
- 4 Rubber feet (pre-installed)
- User's Manual
- Installation Guide
More details on the Wharfedale Diamond 11.CC
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4|
|Frequency Response||85-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Textile Dome Tweeter: The Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series center-channel loudspeaker delivers enhanced high frequency performance thanks to a newly evolved tweeter design. This new textile dome tweeter features an over-sized ceramic magnet system with a copper cap for flux control and a pole-plate that is vented through to a specially shaped rear chamber to ensure excellent linearity and low resonance for precise high frequency sound. A custom designed, low-profile wave-guide around the tweeter provides wide dispersion of the high frequencies.
- Vented Pole Plate: The air behind the tweeter's textile diaphragm is vented through the pole plate into a large rear chamber creating more air movement, deeper excursion, and high SPL.
- Copper Cap & CCAW: The use of Copper Clad Aluminum Wire (CCAW) maintains the conductivity of copper while reducing the overall mass creating a lighter diaphragm assembly. The copper sleeve (cap) over the top of the pole plate reduces magnetic distortion.
Two 4" Woven Kevlar Cone Woofers: The bass/midrange drivers consists of two 4" woven Kevlar cone woofers that have been precisely treated and feature newly designed driver elements for a clear midrange and low frequency response.
- Ribbed Basket: The bass/midrange driver uses a basket with a network of ribs that maintain the rigidity of the basket while leaving a large open area behind the cone. The rigidity improves transient impact while the big open area reduces early reflections to the cone.
- Massive Magnet Design: A massive magnet design both raises sensitivity and ensure absolute control of cone movement over the lower bass frequencies. In addition, the use of a specially shaped single-forged pole piece with copper cap controls the magnetic flux and ensures low distortion through the critical midrange area.
- Progressive Suspension: The bass/midrange driver's progressive suspension features a lightweight foamed surround for an extended midrange response, in conjunction with a super-long-throw voice coil motor system, to achieve linearity and accuracy.
Fine-Tuned Crossover Components: Wharfedale's engineers use a highly evolved virtual crossover software system to help create a series of circuit options for combining the bass/midrange and treble drivers seamlessly. These circuit options are then evaluated using stringent listening tests over a period of months, involving a wide range of music. Once the final circuit strategy has been chosen, the design team fine tunes the crossover component values, the type of components and the circuit board layout to yield the most accurate, detailed, and enjoyable musical performance.
Non-Resonant Cabinet: For the Diamond 11 Series speaker cabinet, Wharfedale's engineers have refined the multi-layer sandwich of woods of differing density to subdue the identifiable characteristics of the cabinet sound, letting the drivers "speak" for themselves. Critical bracing of the cabinet panels reduce resonances of more than 25dB below the driver output. In addition, the cabinet walls are lined with a specially developed internal fiber which has been chosen because of its outstanding absorbent qualities across a wide bandwidth. The result is a more natural, uncolored sound that reveals all the detail in your music.
Bass Port: Exiting the bottom of the center-channel l oudspeaker cabinet is a bass port which increases the speaker's efficiency and delivers more bass output. A pre-installed foam port plug seals the cabinet for tighter, accurate bass. Remove the foam port plug for extended bass performance.
Magnetic Grille: The Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series center-channel loudspeaker comes with an accoustically transparent cloth grille that magnetically attaches to the front of the speaker cabinet.
Binding Post Terminals: The Wharfedale Diamond 11 Series center-channel speaker is outfitted with a set of heavy-duty binding-post speaker terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only).
Mounting Options: The Diamond 11 Series center-channel loudspeaker can simply be mounted on stands (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), shelves, or other piece of AV furniture with a rigid flat surface. Four rubber feet are pre-installed to isolate the speaker cabinet from the mounting surface and to protect the surface of your furniture. The rubber feet can be removed to reduce the overall height of the speaker, if it is too tall to fit in your space with the feet installed. The center speaker measures 6.1875" tall with the feet installed and 5.8125" with the fee removed.
- The center channel loudspeaker should be positioned centrally between your front loudspeakers, close to the television and mounted above or below the center of the screen.
- If you mount the the center speaker above the television, move it forward so that the front grille sits slightly in front of the screen and the top of the cabinet.
Note: The Wharfedale center-channel loudspeaker does not include any type of bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall mount the speaker.
Diamond Series: Wharfedale's famous Diamond Series speaker line-up has served as the classic entry point to true high-fidelity sound with lifelike vocal and natural instrument reproduction. The new Wharfedale Diamond 11 series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (11.3/11.4/11.5), three bookshelf loudspeakers (11.0/11.1/11.2), and two center-channel loudspeakers (11.cc/11.cs).