About the Wharfedale Diamond 250
A speaker you'll look forward to listening to
A speaker you'll look forward to listening to
We all enjoy listening to music — it can wash away the stress of life by connecting you to soul-stirring emotional power. But how often do you carve out time in your busy day to kick back, relax, and just listen? If you want the kind of speaker you'll look forward to hearing, consider the Wharfedale Diamond 250 as part of your next setup.
A flagship tower
The 250 tower is the biggest, baddest speaker in Wharfedale's impressive line Diamond 200 Series lineup. Its three-way design weds two beefy woofers and a midrange driver with a soft dome tweeter for smooth, seamless sound throughout its wide frequency range. The 250's neutral tonal qualities, heavy-duty power handling, and huge soundstage make it ideal for high-performance sound in large rooms.
Wharfedale paid special attention to the design of the 250's enclosure. They used advanced computer modeling to craft a non-resonant cabinet with stiff walls and robust internal bracing. A slot-loaded port on the underside of the tower reinforces bass performance.
Bi-amp or bi-wire for even better sound
On the back of the 250 you'll find two sets of speaker input terminals. These let you bi-amp or bi-wire your speaker to get the best sound out of it.
Build a full Diamond system
Use a pair of Diamond 250s to anchor the front soundstage of a Wharfedale home theater system. This speaker is also equally impressive as part of a stereo music system.
Pair the 250s with other models from the Diamond 200 series for voice-matched home sound:
Center channel: Diamond 220C or Diamond 240C
Bookshelf speakers: Diamond 210, Diamond 220, or Diamond 225
Floor-standing speakers: Diamond 230 or Diamond 240
- 3-way design
- 1" soft dome tweeter
- 5-1/8" woven Kevlar midrange driver
- two 7-7/8" woven Kevlar bass drivers
- frequency response: 35-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- bass reflex design with slot-loaded port
- binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- removable grilles
- 9-7/8"W x 44-7/16"H x 16-3/4"D
- weight: 65.9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Diamond 250-RW
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeakers
- Tweeter grille (installed)
- Midrange grille (installed)
- 2 Woofer grilles (installed)
- 4 Spike feet
- 4 Isolation pucks
- 2 Jumper bars (pre-installed)
- User's Manual
- Installation Guide
Wharfedale Diamond 250 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wharfedale Diamond 250
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.125|
|Woofer Size (inches)||7.875|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Kevlar|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||35-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
3-Way Driver Design: The Wharfedale Diamond 250 is a 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker which incorporates a 1" fabric soft-dome tweeter, 5.125 woven kevlar midrange driver, and two 7.875" woven kevlar cone woofers. Finely tuned crossovers guarantee a smooth transition between the tweeter, midrange, and woofers with an enjoyable audible experience, both on and off-axis.
- Fabric Soft-Dome Tweeter: The 1" tweeter uses a sheer fabric dome and advanced ferrite magnet system, surrounded by a carefully crafted wave guide that encourages outstanding midrange performance too.
- Woven Kevlar Woofer Cones: Semi-elliptical "break-up" areas on the woven-kevlar woofer cones (including the 5.125" midrange & dual 7.875" woofers) smooth the response through the audible range. The cone edges are treated with a unique diamond pattern rubber surround.
Non-Resonant Cabinet: The speaker cabinet combines layers of particle board and MDF, bonded in a unique structure to damp annoying resonances and block internal sound leakage. The result is that the "noise" and distortion from cabinet walls are buried more than a 35dB below the driver output. Cabinet walls and internal bracing were developed using Wharfedale's latest "Virtual Speaker" software, with the help of Delayed Cumulative Spectral Analysis. The top, bottom, and side walls of the cabinets are finished with a wood veneer (black, rosewood, or walnut), while the baffle is finished with a gloss black lacquer.
Bass Port: Exiting the base of the speaker cabinet is a slot loaded distributed port created by the plinth. This equalizes the air pressure to mimic that inside the cabinet allowing a smooth transition between the pressure variation in the cabinet and the low frequency sound developed in the room.
Dual Binding Posts: The floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumper-plates. The binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using these dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Spike Feet & Isolation Pucks: The Wharfedale Diamond 250 floorstanding loudspeaker comes with four spike feet for carpet installation. Four isolation pucks with foam padding are also included to protect your hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. The spike feet screw into the bottom of the speaker cabinet's plinth and are adjustable so you can level up the speaker. The spike feet can be placed directly on carpet or set in the isolation pucks to protect hardwood, tile, and laminate, and vinyl flooring. The isolation pucks add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker.
Placement: Try to position the loudspeakers equidistant (6.5' to 13') from one another and the main listening position. The speakers should be "toed" or angled (15° to 40°) into the main listening position. The speakers can be positioned as close as 2.3125' to 3.3' from a side facing wall. There should be a distance of at least 0.6875' to 3.3' between the back of the speaker cabinets and the wall (the speakers' bass extension will improve if they are positioned closer to a wall or corner).
Diamond Series: The Wharfedale Diamond series consists of three floor-standing loudspeakers (Diamond 230 / Diamond 240 / Diamond 250), three bookshelf loudspeakers (Diamond 210 / Diamond 220 / Diamond 225), and two center-channel speakers (Diamond 220C / Diamond 240C) - all sold separately.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked