About the Wharfedale EVO4.C
An elegant, dynamic center channel speaker
An elegant, dynamic center channel speaker
The Wharfedale EVO4.C does a crucial job very well. It brings TV dialogue, music, and sound effects front and center for a more immersive, satisfying experience. And it doesn't hurt that the speaker's 3-way driver design is housed in a fine-looking cabinet that brings a touch of sophistication to your surround sound speaker setup.
The Wharfedale EVO4.C's 3-way speaker design and bass-reflex cabinet with radiused edges help bring movie dialogue, music, and sound effects to life.
Wharfedale's EVO4 lineup uses technology and design elements developed for the company's flagship Elysian line. The 4.C features an advanced folded ribbon tweeter that produces silky-smooth high frequencies, plus a dedicated 2" soft-dome midrange driver. Two 6-1/2" woven Kevlar woofers offer thrilling bass response down to 48 Hz. The drivers are housed in a curved bass-reflex cabinet that's carefully designed with internal bracing to damp sound-muddying vibrations.
Part of a complete home theater system
Combine the EVO4.C with other models from Wharfedale's EVO4 Series for voice-matched sound:
Bookshelf speakers: Wharfedale EVO4.1
Surround speakers: Wharfedale EVO4.S
- Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter
- 2" soft-dome midrange driver
- two 6-1/2" woven Kevlar cone woofers
- frequency response: 48-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-150 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- bass reflex design
- dual sets of binding post speaker terminals with bi-amp/bi-wire capability
- removable grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- 29-5/8"W x 9-15/16"H x 15-5/16"D
- weight: 34.8 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHEVO4CWLN
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 2 Foam port plugs (pre-installed)
- 2 Jumper-bars (pre-installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Pair of white cloth gloves
- User Manual
Wharfedale EVO4.C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wharfedale EVO4.C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Type||AMT (Ribbon)|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.1875 x 2.375|
|Midrange size (inches)||2|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||48-22k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
AMT (Air Motion Transformer) Transducer: The Wharfedale EVO 4.C center-channel loudspeaker employs a specially engineered 1.1875" x 2.375" AMT (Air Motion Transformer) transducer for its proprietary, silky smooth high frequency reproduction. By design, the AMT allows for a higher volume of air to be moved during performance than with a convention soft dome tweeter. This higher-pressure action, encouraged by the principles of AMT design, offers an improved point-source HF reproduction with lower distortion properties than conventional tweeters. This is evident in the stunning and sheer clarity of the musical performance of all of the EVO 4.C center-channel loudspeaker.
Soft-Dome Midrange: The Wharfedale EVO 4.C features a 3-way driver design and incorporates a 2" soft-dome midrange to go along with its AMT high-frequency transducer and Kevlar cone woofer. The 2" soft-dome midrange driver delivers precise and detailed vocal and dialog reproduction with a wide dispersion and open soundstage.
Dual Kevlar Woofers: Articulate and accurate bass is perfected by the EVO 4.C's two bi-directional weaved Kevlar cone 6.5" woofers. Kevlar is a material that is naturally self-damping to reduce and distribute resonances to virtually negligible levels. In addition, a fixed, profiled phase plug ensures smooth acoustic roll off, further aiding integration with the loudspeaker's AMT high-frequency transducer and soft-dome midrange driver.
Optimized Crossover Network: The output of the tweeter, midrange and and woofers is carefully combined by a thoroughly researched crossover developed using Wharfedale's Computer Aided Optimization technology. Each crossover is carefully evaluated using a wide range of music, with the emphasis being on the lifelike reproduction of voices and instruments in addition to the dynamics of the musical performance.
Purpose-Built Cabinet Design: The Wharfedale EVO 4.C's cabinet is purpose-designed from the ground-up to ensure sonic character and great looking aesthetics. The cabinet is constructed of high quality materials and composites with internal damping and bracing. The curved design of the cabinet accurately disperses sound from the drivers into your listening room and prevents standing waves inside the enclosure which can color and muddy the sound. The cabinet is available in a black, white, and walnut wood-grain finish. It comes with an acoustically transparent cloth grille that magnetically attaches to the front of the speaker cabinet.
Rear-Firing Bass Ports: Exiting the rear cabinet of the EVO 4.C center-channel loudspeaker are two bass ports (one for each woofer) which increases the center speaker's efficiency and delivers more bass output. Two pre-installed foam port plugs seal the cabinet for more tighter, accurate bass. Remove the foam port plugs for extended bass performance.
Dual Binding Posts: The EVO 4.C center-channel speaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumper-plates. The binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using these dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speaker provides improved bass & treble performance.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Application: The Wharfedale EVO 4.C is designed to be used as a center-chanel loudspeaker for your home theater speaker application, enhancing clarity of dialog in your movies.
- Placement Options: The center channel loudspeaker should be positioned centrally between your front loudspeakers, close to the television and mounted above or below the center of the screen. If you mount the the center speaker above the television, move it forward so that the front grille sits slightly in front of the screen and the top of the cabinet.
- Mounting Options: The center-channel speaker can simply be mounted on on a shelf, piece of AV furniture, other rigid flat surface. Four rubber feet are pre-installed to isolate the speaker cabinet from the mounting surface and to protect the surface of your furniture. Self-adhesive rubber feet are included to help secure the speaker to the mounting surface, isolate the speaker from your mounting surface, and protect the mounting surface from scratches. The rubber feet add approximately 0.375" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: The Wharfedale EVO 4.C does not include any type of bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall mount the speaker.
EVO4 Series: Following the concept of the best-selling EVO series from Wharfedale that came before it, the EVO4 fuses the EVO concept of great sound and beautiful aesthetics with trickle down technology from the new flagship Wharfedale ELYSIAN series. From the cabinet design to the materials employed in its distinct driver design, the EVO4 sounds and looks amazing. The EVO4 Series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (EVO 4.4 / EVO 4.3), two bookshelf loudspeakers (EVO 4.2 / EVO 4.1), two center-channel loudspeaker (EVO 4.C / EVO 4.CS), and one surround loudspeaker (EVO 4.S).