About the Wharfedale LINTON Heritage
A modern take on an iconic speaker
A modern take on an iconic speaker
Wharfedale has a distinguished history of creating high-fidelity loudspeakers that sound — and look — terrific. A prime example is the LINTON Heritage: a stand-mounted, three-way speaker that first arrived on the British hi-fi scene in the 1960s. The latest iteration of the LINTON retains the speaker's classic look, while sporting newly designed drivers that deliver superb sound.
The matching LINTON Stand (sold separately) offers a rock-solid foundation and ample storage space (shown in red mahogany).
Wharfedale is known worldwide for their natural, revealing, ultra-smooth sound. The LINTON Heritage is no exception, combining an 8" Kevlar® woofer with a 5" Kevlar midrange for rhythmic bass and rich, warm midrange. A 1" woven textile dome tweeter delivers clear, crisp highs.
Pair with the matching Linton stand
The LINTON's large cabinet doesn't fit on many traditional speaker stands. So, Wharfedale created a custom stand that ensures a sturdy, vibration-free foundation. I highly recommend using a pair of these stands with your LINTONs.
You'll want to position the offset tweeter to the inside of the cabinet for the best stereo imaging. Check out my article on stereo speaker placement for additional positioning and setup tips.
- three-way design
- 8" woven Kevlar woofer
- 5" woven Kevlar midrange
- 1" woven textile soft dome tweeter
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- bass-reflex design with dual rear-firing ports
- binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- removable cloth grille
- real-wood veneer finish
- designed for use with the matching Linton speaker stand
- 11-13/16"W x 22-1/4"H x 14-3/16"D
- weight: 40.6 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # WHLNTNSPWLN
What's in the box:
- Bookshelf loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Pair of white gloves
- User's Manual
Wharfedale LINTON Heritage reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Wharfedale LINTON Heritage
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Kevlar|
|Frequency Response||40-20k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||No|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||18-22|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Three-Way Bookshelf Loudspeaker: The Wharfedale Linton is a three-way bookshelf loudspeaker which incorporates a 1" textile soft-dome tweeter, a 5" woven Kevelar midrange driver, and an 8" woven Kevlar bass woofer for a warm, rich, and natural sound. Finely tuned crossovers guarantee a smooth transition between the tweeter, midrange, and woofer with an enjoyable audible experience, both on and off-axis.
- 1" Tweeter: High frequencies are handled by a 1" woven textile soft-dome tweeter with high flux ferrite magnet, engineered for smooth, detailed high frequency extension.
- 5" Midrange: The 5" midrange driver features Wharfedale's innovative woven Kevlar mounted on a rigid die-cast chassis for crisp, clean midrange frequencies.
- 8" Woofer: The 8" woofer also features Wharfedale's innovative woven Kevlar cone mounted on a rigid die-cast chassis for deep, accurate bass output with superb dynamic performance.
"Classic"-Style Bass Reflex Cabinet: The Wharfedale Linton features a "classic"-style bookshelf enclosure that is beautifully hand veneered in a Mahogany or Walnut finish. It features an inset front baffle and traditional black cloth grille. There are two rear-firing ports that aid in increasing efficiency and delivering bigger bass response.
Binding PostsTerminals: Each Linton bookshelf loudspeaker is equipped with a set of binding-post speaker terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade connectors, & banana plugs (single only).
Mounting & Placement Options: The Linton bookshelf loudspeaker can simply be mounted on a speaker stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) or other piece of furniture with a large, solid flat surface. Self-adhesive rubber pads are included to place on the bottom of the speaker to protect your mounting surface and provide greater stability. The rubber pads add approximately 0.375" to the overall height of the speaker.
- Try to position the loudspeakers equidistant from one another and the main listening position.
- The speakers should ideally be positioned so that the tweeters are roughly at ear level to a seated listener.
- The speakers can be "toed" or angled (up to 30°) into the main listening position to control the soundstage or "sweet-spot".
Note: The Warfedale Linton does not include a bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall-mount the speaker.
1 question already asked