About the Wharfedale Reva 4
Incredible floor-standing performance
Incredible floor-standing performance
We're excited to introduce the Reva 4 — the flagship tower in Wharfedale's upscale line of Reva speakers. Its expertly crafted design combines floor-to-ceiling sound with an attractive visual presence. This stout floor-standing speaker provides exceptionally natural and revealing sound without tonal coloration — all while looking spectacular.
The gorgeous Wharfedale Reva 4 floor-standing speaker receives seven layers of hand-applied lacquer (shown in Piano Deep Rosewood).
High-quality drivers for music and movies
The Reva 4 sports two 6" woven glass fiber woofers, a 4-1/2" woven glass midrange, and a 1" textile dome tweeter. This array of high-tech drivers creates a wide, full soundstage with pinpoint imaging and and deep, satisfying bass.
This speaker is an excellent choice for an audiophile-level stereo system. It's also ideal for the front left or right channel of a Wharfedale home theater system, pairing beautifully with the Reva center channel and bookshelf speakers.
Wharfedale paid special attention to the design of the Reva 4's attractive curved cabinet. They used advanced computer modeling to craft a non-resonant enclosure with stiff walls and robust internal bracing. A slot-loaded port on the underside reinforces bass performance.
7 layers of hand-applied lacquer
The Reva 4 doesn't just sound good — it has a refined, upscale appearance that adds visual interest to your room. Its cabinet receives seven layers of hand-applied lacquer, adding an attractive finish that really stands out.
Bi-amp or bi-wire for even better sound
On the back of the speaker you'll find two sets of speaker input terminals. These let you bi-amp or bi-wire your Reva 4 to get the best sound out of it.
- 3-way design
- 1" woven textile dome tweeter
- 4-1/2" woven glass fiber midrange
- two 6" woven glass fiber woofers
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-150 watts
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- enclosure is comprised of specially chosen inert wood composites for natural sound without coloration or tonal change
- drivers are mounted in a special alloy-cast chassis to ensure dynamic rigidity
- bass reflex design with slot-loaded port on the underside of the enclosure
- binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- removable magnetic grille
- hand-applied lacquer finish
- 10-3/16"W x 39-13/16"H x 14-3/8"D
- weight: 55.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Reva-4-PBK
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeakers
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 4 Spike feet (pre-installed)
- 4 Isolation pucks
- 2 Jumper bars (pre-installed)
- Pair of white gloves
- User's Manual
Wharfedale Reva 4 reviews
Had a set of Klipsch RF-62's on Demo before I came a across a great deal on a pair of Reva 4's with a matching Reva center. Reva's perform far more to my liking and look a heck of a lot better. I'm surprised there are so few reviews on the Reva line as they are phenomenal speakers both in sound quality and looks. I have them paired with an svs sb2000 and Reva 2's powered by a Dennon x2400 and get far more quality sound then my room can handle. If you're looking for a great setup for realistic music audio and great movie performance I highly recommend this setup.
Pros: Sound quality, build quality, looks
1 of 1 found this helpful
I've never heard of Wharfedale before, but in doing research for new speakers their name kept coming up with those of many other high end speaker makers. I first tried their REVA 2 bookshelves, which astonished me with their accurate sound, musicality and full sound stage. Based on their sound, I ordered the towers to try out as my front mains and use the bookshelves as surrounds. These are so good that now I understand why some audiophiles prefer stereo listening only for music. For that purpose these REVA 4's produce a wall of sound that is very engaging. full mid range realism for all instruments and adequate bass. The top end is what others term as "laid back". They are definitely not very forward in high frequencies, but are accurate and natural sounding. To me they are not harsh, bright or fatiguing like other speakers I have tried.
Pros: Smooth, relaxed, neutral sound Beautifully finished Solid build quality
4 of 4 found this helpful
I had recently purchased a pair of Klipsch R-28F floorstanding speakers directly from Klipsch and was very impressed with the sound but as I listened to them for long periods of time the highs would become tiring and a bit over the top. I started looking again for a set of floorstanders that could provide me the sound I was looking for. After much reading I came across the Wharfedale line of speakers and was impressed with their history and dedication to making high quality and realistic sounding speakers. So, I checked to see if Crutchfield carried this line of speakers, which they do and I purchased a set of the Reva 4 in Walnut. The Reva 4 speakers are totally awesome. I can listen to them for hours without fatigue. I have them sitting next to the Klipsch which I haven't switched on since buying the Warfedales. I'm using an Onkyo TX-RZ810 to power these.
Pros: Great build quality, impressive look and true realistic sound at any volume. I highly recommend these speakers.
6 of 6 found this helpful
More details on the Wharfedale Reva 4
Features & specs
|Finish||Wood composite laminate|
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||4.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||6|
|Woofer Composition||Woven Glass Fiber|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||38-20k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
Reva Series: Designed from the ground up to offer state-of-the-art tonal accuracy and musical detail, Wharfedale Reva has been born out of a combination of extensive research into unique driver and cabinet technology, combined with a passion for music. Every part of the Reva speakers has been developed to work in harmony together - including how the drivers work with the cabinet. From their proprietary glass fiber weave midrange/bass drivers to the 7-layer piano gloss lacquer finish, Reva Series is stunning inside and out and will bring excitement to your music collection and home cinema experience.
Three-Way Driver Design: The Wharfedale Reva-4 is a three-way floorstanding loudspeaker which incorporates a 1" textile-dome tweeter, a 4.5" glass fiber weave cone midrange driver, and two 6" glass fiber weave cone bass woofers. Finely tuned crossovers guarantee a smooth transition between the tweeter and woofer with an enjoyable audible experience, both on and off-axis.
- Textile Dome Tweeter: A new, fine weave textile dome, with critically damped coating, has been chosen for the 1" tweeter, powered by a Neodymium magnet fitted with a finned heatsink to reduce dynamic compression. This unit offers excellent bandwidth, with a smooth response from 2kHz to above 20kHz, and is mounted on a subtly dished waveguide that enhances dispersion.
- Glass Fiber Woofers: Musical accuracy and articulation is carried through to the midrange by a midrange/bass driver cones (one 4.5" midrange & two 6" woofers) that incorporates a proprietary glass fiber weave that is naturally self-damping to reduce and distribute resonances to virtually negligible levels. The cone is mounted in a special alloy, cast chassis to ensure dynamic rigidity and a fixed, profiled phase plug ensures a smooth acoustic roll-off to enhance integration with the tweeter.
Non-Resonant Cabinet: Extensive research showed that coherent materials, like raw MDF, have peak resonances (particularly in the midrange) that let sound out of a cabinet at volume levels that interfere with the sound from the drive units. Not surprisingly, this causes a distinct coloration and character to the sound of such cabinets. To eliminate this, panel material comprises of a special lamination of wood composites, reducing the sonic character of the cabinets to a level where it cannot be heard.
Slot-Loaded Port Technology: The Reva Series also features Wharfedale's signature slot-loaded port technology. The slot-loaded port, which uses a gap between the plinth and the port exit in the base of the cabinet, aids the pressure differential between the port and the air in the room, increasing g the energy transfer and making the system more efficient. Research showed this removes the unwanted low frequency and high output distortion that is often found in conventional rear ported speakers. The slot-loading technology also means the speaker can be positioned near the wall, fitting seamlessly into even smaller living environments.
Dual Heavy-Duty Binding Posts: The floorstanding loudspeaker has two sets of heavy-duty binding posts connected by jumper-plates. The binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using these dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speakers provide improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Spike Feet & Isolation Pucks: The Wharfedale Reva-4 floorstanding loudspeaker comes with four spike feet for carpet installation. Four isolation pucks with foam padding are also included to protect your hardwood, tile, laminate, and vinyl flooring. The spike feet are pre-installed into the bottom of the speaker cabinet's plinth and are adjustable so you can level up the speaker. The spike feet can be placed directly on carpet or set in the isolation pucks to protect hardwood, tile, and laminate, and vinyl flooring. The isolation pucks add approximately 0.25" to the overall height of the speaker.
Placement: Try to position the loudspeakers equidistant (6.5' to 13') from one another and the main listening position. The speakers should ideally be positioned so that the tweeters are roughly at ear level to a seated listener. The speakers should be "toed" or angled (15° to 40°) into the main listening position. The speakers can be positioned as close as 2.3125' to 3.3' from a side facing wall. There should be a distance of at least 0.6875' to 3.3' between the back of the speaker cabinets and the wall (the speakers' bass extension will improve if they are positioned closer to a wall or corner).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked