About the Wharfedale Reva C
The centerpiece of your Reva home theater
The centerpiece of your Reva home theater
Building a Wharfedale Reva surround sound system? The Reva C is the perfect choice for your all-important center channel. It delivers a rock-solid center image, a wide soundstage, and smooth, natural sound that helps you get the most out of movie soundtracks, TV shows, and sports broadcasts.
The Wharfedale Reva C offers clear, crisp dialogue and powerful on-screen sound effects (shown in piano black).
High-quality drivers for home theater
The Reva C sports two 4-1/2" woven glass fiber woofers and a 1" textile dome tweeter. This trio of drivers reproduces lifelike dialogue and powerful on-screen sound effects.
Wharfedale paid special attention to the design of the Reva C's attractive curved cabinet. They used advanced computer modeling to craft a non-resonant enclosure with stiff walls and internal bracing.
7 layers of hand-applied lacquer
The Reva C doesn't just sound good — it has a refined, upscale appearance that adds visual interest to your room. Its cabinet receives seven layers of hand-applied lacquer, adding an attractive finish that really stands out.
Bi-amp or bi-wire for better sound
On the back of the speaker you'll find two sets of speaker input terminals. These let you bi-amp or bi-wire your Reva C to get the best sound out of it.
- 1" woven textile dome tweeter
- two 4-1/2" woven glass fiber woofers
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 25-100 watts
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- enclosure is comprised of specially chosen inert wood composites for natural sound without tonal coloration
- drivers are mounted in a special alloy-cast chassis to ensure dynamic rigidity
- bass reflex design
- binding posts accept pins, banana connectors, or bare wire
- two sets of input terminals allow for bi-amping or bi-wiring
- removable grille
- 20-1/2"W x 7-11/16"H x 11-5/8"D
- weight: 23.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Reva-C PBK
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- Angled base
- 2 Jumper bars (pre-installed)
- 4 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Pair of white gloves
- User's Manual
Wharfedale Reva C reviews
Great price and even better service It's a pleasure to buy from you folks
Pros: Great sound
1 of 1 found this helpful
More details on the Wharfedale Reva C
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4-1/2|
|Frequency Response||60-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Reva Series: Designed from the ground up to offer state-of-the-art tonal accuracy and musical detail, Wharfedale Reva has been born out of a combination of extensive research into unique driver and cabinet technology, combined with a passion for music. Every part of the Reva speakers has been developed to work in harmony together - including how the drivers work with the cabinet. From their proprietary glass fiber weave midrange/bass drivers to the 7-layer piano gloss lacquer finish, Reva Series is stunning inside and out and will bring excitement to your music collection and home cinema experience.
Two-Way Driver Design: The Wharfedale Reva-C is a two-way center-channel loudspeaker which incorporates a 1" textile-dome tweeter and two 4.5" glass fiber weave cone woofer. A finely tuned crossover guarantees a smooth transition between the tweeter and woofers with an enjoyable audible experience, both on and off-axis.
- 1" Textile Dome Tweeter: A new, fine weave textile dome, with critically damped coating, has been chosen for the 1" tweeter, powered by a Neodymium magnet fitted with a finned heatsink to reduce dynamic compression. This unit offers excellent bandwidth, with a smooth response from 2kHz to above 20kHz, and is mounted on a subtly dished waveguide that enhances dispersion.
- 4.5" Glass Fiber Woofers: Musical accuracy and articulation is carried through to the midrange by two midrange/midbass driver cones that incorporate a proprietary glass fiber weave that is naturally self-damping to reduce and distribute resonances to virtually negligible levels. The cones are mounted in a special alloy, cast chassis to ensure dynamic rigidity and a fixed, profiled phase plug ensures a smooth acoustic roll-off to enhance integration with the tweeter.
Non-Resonant Cabinet: Extensive research showed that coherent materials, like raw MDF, have peak resonances (particularly in the midrange) that let sound out of a cabinet at volume levels that interfere with the sound from the drive units. Not surprisingly, this causes a distinct coloration and character to the sound of such cabinets. To eliminate this, panel material comprises of a special lamination of wood composites, reducing the sonic character of the cabinets to a level where it cannot be heard.
Dual Bass Ports: Exiting the rear of the cabinet are two bass ports which increase the speakers' efficiency and improves overall bass performance.
Dual Binding Posts: The center-channel loudspeaker has two sets of binding posts connected by jumper-plates. The binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin connectors, spade connectors, & banana plugs (single only). Using these dual binding posts, you can bi-amp or bi-wire the speakers. Bi-wiring or bi-amping the speakers provide improved bass & treble performance. If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Mounting & Placement Options: The center-channel loudspeaker should be positioned centrally between the loudspeakers, close to the television and mounted above or below the screen. The loudspeaker should be located on a stable flat surface to avoid any cabinet movement at high sound levels. If you mount the unit above the television, move it forward so that the front grille sits slightly in front of the screen and the top of the cabinet. The speaker can be mounted using the included base or rubber feet.
- Base: The included base allows the speaker to be positioned level, slightly tilted upward, or slightly tilted downward - depending on where the center-channel speaker is in relation to your television. The speaker measures 7.6875" tall with the base and 7.125" tall without the base.
- Rubber Feet: Four self-adhesive rubber feet are included to protect the bottom of the speaker and the mounting surface, while isolating the speaker cabinet from the mounting surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.375" to the overall height of the speaker.
Note: The speaker does not include any type of wall-mount bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert.