About the Andover Audio Model-One Subwoofer
Upgrade your Model-One's bass
Upgrade your Model-One's bass
Andover's Model-One Subwoofer rocks dual 10" woofers powered by a 150-watt Class D amplifier for tight, powerful bass. It's designed to match and enhance the Model-One Turntable Music System (sold separately), but it can work great in other systems, too. This sub brings the low-frequency range for the turntable system down to 25hz, for bass you can feel as well as hear.
Sound that stacks up
If you have the Model-One Upper Stand (sold separately), you can stack the subwoofer beneath your turntable in a two-tier configuration. Just remove the glass top panel on the subwoofer first. The frame for each piece of this puzzle is made of genuine walnut, so the full Model-One package has a clean, retro-inspired aesthetic. Because the Upper Stand holds your records, it also makes grabbing the next album pretty convenient.
Steady as she goes
Worried that feedback from the sub's punchy bass is going to get picked up by your turntable's stylus? Don't be. The Model-One Subwoofer incorporates proprietary IsoGroove™ technology to reduce vibrations and prevent just that from happening.
About Andover Audio
Andover Audio is the electronics equivalent of a musical supergroup. Audio experts hailing from Cambridge, Bose, Harman, and other legendary companies brought their talents together at Andover in 2012 — originally to provide complementary services to other companies. Since then, the company has gradually turned their unique mixture of design, engineering, and manufacturing knowhow toward the creation of their own product line — one that artfully blends exceptional sound with distinctive design.
- powered subwoofer designed to match the Model-One Turntable Music System (sold separately)
- dual 10" woofers with sealed MDF enclosure
- built-in 150-watt Class D amplifier
- genuine walnut hardwood frame
- removable tempered glass top
- attaches to Model-One Upper Stand (sold separately) for a two-tier configuration with the Model One Turntable Music System
- IsoGroove technology reduces vibrations to help prevent your turntable's stylus from picking up feedback from your sub
- frequency response: 25-140 Hz
- low-pass filter: 40-140 Hz
- mono RCA line-level input
- includes 3.2-foot and 6.5-foot RCA cables
- includes four leveling feet
- 18-1/16"W x 15-13/16"H x 15-9/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AAMD1BEUWN01NA
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Tempered-glass top
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 39" Mono-RCA cable
- 6.5' Mono-RCA cable
- 4 Leveling feet
- Product Manual
Andover Audio Model-One Subwoofer reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Andover Audio Model-One Subwoofer
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||40-140 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||150|
|Frequency Response||25-140 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Model-One Subwoofer: The Model-One Subwoofer is perfectly matched both sonically and aesthetically to Andover's Model-One turntable music system. While optimized for use with the Model-One system, it is also a great choice to use as a companion to a high-quality audio system of any brand to extend its low frequency performance. Unlike many common home theater powered subs, the Model-One Subwoofer design prioritizes smooth frequency response and accurate impulse response over sheer loudness.
- Class-D Amplification: The Model-One Subwoofer features a powerful 150W Class-D amplifier and DSP that extends the lower range of the Model-One turntable music system by one octave (down to 25Hz), making it a perfect pairing with dynamic and robust bass response.
- Dual Woofer Configuration: The Model-One Subwoofer's twin 10" side-firing polypropylene woofers provide smooth, extended bass response that perfectly matches the Model-One turntable music system.
- Acoustic Suspension Cabinet: The Model-One Subwoofer employs an acoustic suspension (sealed) cabinet design for tight, accurate bass performance. The cabinet is constructed of 3/4" MDF with internal bracing and feature walnut trim and a tempered-glass top.
IsoGroove Technology: IsoGroove Technology is a suite of design features that reduce the generation and subsequent transmission of mechanical vibrations through the structure of the Model-One Subwoofer. This reduces the likelihood they will be picked up by the Model-One turntable's stylus, resulting in feedback.
- Airborne sound waves may vibrate the stylus directly, and not through mechanical vibrations within the product that Isogroove addresses. If this occurs, you may need to reduce the volume level of the subwoofer or move the subwoofer further away from the Model-One turntable music system.
- The building structure may transmit vibrations through the floor, and eventually into the turntable. It may be necessary to experiment with locations within your room to find the most solid footing to minimize building structure vibrations.
Subwoofer Controls: The Model-One Subwoofer is equipped with a volume level control (Min/Max) and variable low-pass crossover (40-140Hz) on the rear-panel. The centered positions of the volume level and low pass crossover knobs represent the ideal starting point when the subwoofer is used with the Model-One Music System. It should provide an ideal match when the Model-One Subwoofer is used as the lower section of Andover's Model-One Modular Stand System. If the Model-One Subwoofer is placed separately from the stand, or if using a source other than the Model-One turntable music system, you may may need to adjust the settings away from the default.
- Volume Level: Adjust the subwoofer level as desired to balance the bass level with the rest of the system from your listening position. Please note that excessive bass boost might result in excessive distortion, and in extreme instances may induce feedback. Increasing volume level beyond the detent (centered) position should be done in moderation. For the most musically satisfying performance, the volume should be set to a level that the subwoofer does not sound like it is a separate speaker. It should blend smoothly with the primary sound and not draw particular attention to itself.
- Low Pass Crossover: You also may adjust the low pass crossover frequency (40-140Hz) to achieve sound that pleases you. If you feel the need for more midbass to add weight to male voices and electric bass, turn the frequency knob a few degrees clockwise. This will increase the upper bass reinforcement from the subwoofer. Alternately, if you would like to reduce the upper bass, without affecting the very low bass, turn the frequency knob counterclockwise. This adjustment is best done by ear in the final location.
Note: If your source component is a home theater receiver with a subwoofer output, set the Model-One Subwoofer low pass crossover frequency control fully clockwise, and use the crossover settings on your AV receiver or processor to set the frequency.
Mono-RCA Input: The Model-One Subwoofer is outfitted with a single mono-RCA input for connection to the Andover Model-One turntable music system or other audio system.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Model-One Subwoofer may be used as a stand-alone powered sub with its beautiful tempered-glass top with the Model-One turntable music system or other audio system. The Model-One Subwoofer's glass top can be removed, so it can be integrated with the Model-One modular stand system (sold separately) along with the Model-One turntable to create a full-range music system. The Model-One Subwoofer comes with four adjustable feet that can adjusted slightly to level the subwoofer on uneven floors.
- It is usually best to place the Model-One Subwoofer a few feet to either side of center of a wall.
- Corner placement will yield the strongest reinforcement of bass within the room, but may also further exacerbate standing waves and "boominess".
- Try various locations in your room to determine what location works best on your particular application.
Auto On/Off: The Model-One Subwoofer can be set to automatically turn on when there is an active audio signal and turn off after a few minutes when no audio signal is present.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Andover Model-One Subwoofer includes a 6.5' detachable IEC 3-prong AC power cord.