About the Dynaudio Evoke 30
Clean, precise sound — and looks
Clean, precise sound — and looks
The Evoke 30 is a compact floor-standing speaker that sounds much bigger than it looks. The magic is in the drivers — Dynaudio builds some of the world's finest woofers and tweeters, and they developed new ones for the Evoke series. Whether you're listening to two-channel music or a movie soundtrack, Dynaudio's detailed, spacious presentation takes you deeper into the mix.
As far as looks go, Dynaudio's designers wanted to create a compact speaker that would look great in any listening environment. They took prototypes home and spent time with them, did research at furniture stores, and came up with an elegantly clean cabinet with no visible hardware on the front surface.
Woofers with a different look and sound
One basic ingredient you'll find in all Dynaudio speakers is the company's Magnesium Silicate Polymer (MSP) woofer cone material. It combines low mass, high rigidity, and ideal internal damping, enabling the woofers to stop and start on a dime.
An MSP cone is molded in one geometrically perfect piece, which helps to optimize sound dispersion. It also eliminates the need for a separate dust cap, further enhancing the cone's structural integrity.
The Evoke 30's dual 5-1/2" mid/bass drivers borrow technology from Dynaudio's more expensive Contour and Confidence speakers. For example, a new surround extends the throw, frequency response, and low-frequency dynamics. All this while also maintaining nimble midrange performance.
The upper woofer, which handles midrange and bass frequencies, uses a lightweight aluminum voice-coil which enables more windings and greater control over the cone's movement, resulting in more midrange precision. The lower woofer, which only handles midbass and bass frequencies, uses a heavier copper voice-coil for more moving mass, to provide more full-bodied bass response.
The Evoke 30 enclosure is ported to provide some extra low-frequency reinforcement. A foam plug is included which you can insert in the port to optimize bass response when placing the speakers near a wall — or if you just prefer that more controlled "sealed-box" bass.
Dynaudio's new Cerotar tweeter borrows from their best
Dynaudio has been improving and refining its renowned soft-dome tweeters for over 40 years, and the latest version is called Cerotar. Its silk dome has a special coating that improves dispersion while eliminating high-frequency breakup. Dynaudio's engineers borrowed technologies from the tweeter used in the company's cost-no-object Confidence series.
The key component is the Hexis. This ingenious dimpled inner dome sits right behind the soft tweeter diaphragm and reduces unwanted resonances while smoothing out the overall frequency response. The result is sweeter treble and an even greater sense of transparency.
The Evoke 30's cabinet has a large port in the rear to enhance low-frequency output. To help the speaker perform better in a variety of rooms, Dynaudio includes a two-piece foam plug you can insert in the port to adjust bass response. You can actually choose from three levels of tuning: fully open, half-open, and fully closed.
Four stabilizer feet are included, with rubber pads for hard floor surfaces and spikes for carpet. Dynaudio feels that the speaker should not be used without the outrigger feet installed.
With its 4-ohm impedance, the Evoke 30 should be driven with high-current, high-quality amplification.
Build a complete Dynaudio system
A pair of Evoke 30s will produce clear, robust stereo sound. If you're interested in a voice-matched surround sound system, check out these other Dynaudio models:
Center channel: Evoke 25C
Surround speakers: Evoke 10
Powered subwoofer: Sub 3 or Sub 6
- 2.5-way, 3-driver design
- 1-1/8" Cerotar coated silk soft-dome tweeter
- dual 5-1/2" Esotec+ MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer) cone woofers
- bass-reflex (ported) cabinet with rear-firing port
- includes a foam port plug for adjusting the speaker's low-frequency performance
- frequency response: 40-23,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- impedance: 4 ohms
- maximum amplifier power: 200 watts
- gold-plated binding post speaker terminals accept bare wire, pin connectors and banana plugs
- four cast alloy outrigger stabilizer feet with rubber pads for hard floors and spikes for carpet
- removable magnetic grille
- 10-5/8"W x 36-1/2"H x 13-1/2"D (with stabilizer feet)
- weight: 34.2 lbs.
- designed, engineered, and assembled in Denmark
- warranty: 5 years (8 years with registration)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 907301
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outrigger feet
- 4 Spikes
- 4 Locking nuts
- 8 Washers
- 8 Screws
- Foam port plug
- Tweeter protection cover (pre-installed)
- Instructions for Use
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
See the difference between "Open Box" and "Scratch & Dent" Outlet items
Dynaudio Evoke 30 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dynaudio Evoke 30
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1.1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.5|
|Woofer Composition||Magnesium Silicate Polymer|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||5Yr (8Yr registered)|
|Labor Warranty||5Yr (8Yr registered)|
|Power Range||up to 200|
|Frequency Response||40-23k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1.1" Cerotar Soft-Dome Tweeter: The Dynaudio Evoke 30 floorstanding loudspeaker houses a 1" Cerotar soft-dome tweeter. This precision-coated soft-dome design is derived directly from Dynaudio's award-winning Special Forty and the new Confidence series. Underneath the soft-dome tweeter diaphragm sits an ingenious inner tweeter dome (know as the Hexis) that refines the airflow behind the playing surface to smooth-out its frequency response and eliminate unwanted resonances. The tweeter also incorporates an airflow management system that consists of a rear vented chamber for more precise control and accuracy of high frequencies.
- Precision Coating: The Cerotar tweeter's precision coating is applied in just the right places at just the right density to help the tweeter's frequency response reach north of 20,000Hz without distorting, without delivering unwanted resonances, and without experiencing wavering or compression in its transient response.
- Hexis Design: The Hexis is an inner dome that replaces the felt-ring behind the playing surface of the tweeter, and has been engineered to optimize airflow even further. It has the effect of further smoothing out the tweeter's frequency response and refining resonances - so all you get are the desirable ones.
- Vented Chamber: Behind the diaphragm in the magnet is a new pressure conduit; a specially shaped vent that devotes more space to the rear chamber and controls how the air moves from the back of the diaphragm into that space. The chamber itself, in conjunction with the pressure conduit, helps to reduce back-pressure on the rear of the tweeter diaphragm for high power handling and unimpeded excursion.
Note: The surround of the tweeter is inversed to improve dispersion. This leaves nowhere for the lead wires to go behind the tweeter, so the lead wires are positioned above the surround.
Dual 5.5" Esotec+ Woofers: The Dynaudio Evoke 30 floorstanding loudspeaker features two long-throw Esotec+ 5.5" woofers with a one-piece MSP cone diaphragm, a newly designed surround, a combination of aluminum & copper voice-coils, a Nomex spider, and Strontium Carbonate Ferrite+ ceramic magnet for improved frequency response and low-frequency dynamics with full, precise bass and midrange clarity. The two woofers work in parallel with one another, except the bottom woofer cuts out at a lower frequency to reinforce bass performance.
- MSP (Magnesium Silicate Polymer): The Esotec+ woofer is made of a proprietary composite of magnesium silicate polymer (MSP); a material that combines low mass, high rigidity, and ideal internal damping properties. The MSP cone's diaphragm is only 0.4mm thin, which provides exactly the right combination of lightness, stiffness and damping to ensure optimum performance. It's made of one piece (the dust-cap is part of the playing surface), and is bonded directly to the rigid glass-fiber voice-coil former. That means the whole woofer assembly moves as one, in a predictable (and carefully tuned) way, for a performance that strikes the ideal balance between bass and midrange.
- New Surround & Nomex Spider: The Evoke Series also employs a new surround around the MSP woofer to extend throw distance (4cm), frequency response, and low-frequency dynamics - all while maintaining stellar midrange performance. The woofer's motor assembly is kept stable, centered, and true by a Nomex spider.
- Aluminum & Copper Voice-Coils: The Evoke 30 uses a combination of lightweight aluminium and copper voice-coils in its two woofers. The upper woofer (that handles midrange & bass frequencies) uses a light-weight aluminum voice-coil which allows for more more windings and more control over the cone's movement, which results in more control over the midrange sound. The lower woofer (which only handles midbass & bass frequencies) uses a heavier copper voice-coil for more moving mass with just the right amount of control on the midbass and bass frequencies for a full-bodied sound.
Strontium Carbonate Ferrite+ Magnet System: The Cerotar soft-dome tweeter and Esotec+ MSP woofers, both utilize a powerful Strontium Carbonate Ferrite+ ceramic magnet system that provides the ideal balance between power and finesse for for improved sensitivity and power handling.
High-Grade 2nd Order Crossovers: Linking the tweeter and woofers together are high-grade 2nd order crossovers that enable a superior transient response from the Evoke 30 floorstanding loudspeaker. The tweeter can reach a low frequency response of 700Hz, making the crossover's job easier and the transition between the tweeter and woofers much more smoother. And since the woofer is also capable of producing higher midrange frequencies, the "hand-off" between tweeter and woofer is all but undetectable.
Furniture Grade Cabinets: Dynaudio's high-quality, furniture-grade cabinets are painstakingly assembled and finished by experts in Skanderborg Denmark to make sure the enclosure perfectly matches the custom drivers. The Danish tradition of craftsmanship drives the meticulous process of selecting and matching veneers from the finest woods available, followed by careful sanding, polishing and coating. The front-baffle is manufactured using CNC (Computerized Numerical Control) machining. Computer-programmed and controlled by ultra-responsive sensors, precision to within a single micrometer (ìm), multi-axial drilling machines produce the acoustically optimized baffle shape and unique design details. Additional internal damping, strengthening, and bracing in critical sections of the cabinet substantially reduce unwanted resonance. The Evoke 30 cabinet also comes a magnetically-attached, acoustically-optimized front grille.
Bass Reflex Port w/ Foam Port Plug: The Evoke 30 floorstanding speaker features a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. To minimize low frequency reflections, which will be heard as a thickening of the sound, the loudspeaker can be adapted to the room's acoustic character by using the included foam plug in the bass reflex port. This will essentially attenuate the room induced boost in the low frequency range by dampening the deep frequencies, yielding a more clear and tight sound when the loudspeaker is positioned near rear walls.
Heavy-Duty, Gold-Plated Binding Post: The Dynaudio Evoke 30 floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of heavy-duty, gold-plated binding post terminals for secure connectivity and excellent signal transfer. The binding posts will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Evoke 30 floorstanding loudspeaker comes with outrigger feet which will need to be installed to the bottom of the cabinet. The outrigger feet feature resonance-absorbing rubber pads for hardwood and tile flooring, while adjustable spikes can be used on carpeted flooring. The rubber pads are integrated into the bottom of the outrigger feet, while the spikes have to be screwed into the bottom of the outrigger feet. The spike feet are adjustable to prevent the speaker from "rocking" on an uneven floor.
- Dimensions with Rubber Feet: 10.625" (w) x 36.5" (h) x 13.5" (d)
- Dimensions with Spike Feet: 10.625" (w) x 37.3125" (h) x 13.5" (d)
Note: The Dynaudio Evoke 30 Floorstanding loudspeaker should always be used with the outrigger feet installed for optimum performance and maximum stability.
Application & Placement Options: The Dynaudio Evoke 30 floorstanding loudspeaker is designed to offer advanced performance in both 2ch stereo music and multichannel home theater applications. Please follow these guidelines when positioning these speakers in a stereo or home theater setup.
- Stereo Configuration: In the majority of cases, stereo speakers should be between 6' to 13' apart and positioned at ear level. If the speakers are too close together, the stereo image will lack scale; if they’re too far apart, the image might have a weak central focus. The distance from the loudspeakers to the listening area should be similar to, or slightly more than, their distance apart. The closer the listening area is to the loudspeakers, the closer the speakers can be to each other.
- Front Left & Right Channels: The front-channel speakers in a home theater system should be located on either side of the screen. The top of the speakers should be approximately level with, or slightly above, the screen's horizontal center-line, and each speaker should be between 6" to 2' away from the screen's sides.
- Surround & Rear Channels: In 5.1ch home theater system, the surround-channel speakers should be placed on either side of the listening area. In home theater systems with more than two surround channels, the addition surround speakers need to go behind the listening position.
- Depending on your personal listening environment and room dimensions, the loudspeakers may need be angled in towards the listening area to focus the sound radiation and dispersion; this positioning will typically improve imaging.
- Dynaudio speakers are designed to perform at their best when positioned as far from any walls as possible. Ideally, try to aim for a minimum distance of 18" from each speaker to any wall.
Evoke Series: The Evoke Series utilizes advanced proprietary Dynaudio speaker technologies to deliver HiFi sound. The Dynaudio Evoke Series consists of two floorstanding loudspeakers (Evoke 50 / Evoke 30), two bookshelf loudspeakers (Evoke 20 / Evoke 10), and a center-channel loudspeaker (Evoke 25C).
Optional Powered Sub: Add a Dynaudio powered subwoofer (Sub 3 / Sub 6 - sold separately) for deeper, bigger bass response and a more immersive experience from your 2ch stereo or multichannel home theater Evoke system.
Dynaudio Fine Tuning: Every Dynaudio loudspeaker model is fine-tuned in extensive, time-consuming listening tests at Dynaudio's measuring facility, known as Jupiter. Jupiter allows for a huge number of speaker measurements. Jupiter consists of a large room (42.5' in all directions) with 31 microphones at 6° intervals, plus a rotating arm and stand, as well as proprietary in-house software that is capable of measuring 360° of sound. A speaker can be measured individually or multiple speakers measured together in a typical audio setup. Jupiter then takes a large number of measurements on how the speaker(s) sounds not only in the "sweet-spot", but from everywhere else in the room to determine that the speaker(s) delivers authentic Dynaudio sound quality.
1 question already asked