About the WiZmote
Remote control for WiZ lights
Remote control for WiZ lights
This remote offers tons of control options for your grouped WiZ lights
You can control your WiZ lights using the free WiZ Connected app. In fact, you need the app to take advantage of those lights' remarkable capabilities. But some people — I'm not naming any names or generations — don't have as much facility with apps. And even you — the master of technology in your home — might enjoy the more tactile control the WiZmote offers.
All the right modes
Once you've set up the remote, you can use it to turn your WiZ lights on and off, adjust their brightness, and select between four favorite modes that you set within the app. Or hit the waxing moon button to engage the dim ambient light of "night mode." It's as easy as 1,2, 3, and 4 — and certain as night.
Easy to use
The battery-powered WiZmote has a range of about 50 feet and controls one app-selectable room. The buttons are simple and intuitive. And it even works when the Wi-Fi is down.
- remote control for your WiZ lights
- use the free WiZ Connected mobile app to link the WiZmote to a room
- turn lights on and off and adjust brightness
- buttons 1-4 can be customized with your favorite light modes
- waxing moon button engages night light mode
- works with your Wi-Fi (2.4 GHz) — no hub required
- can be used when Wi-Fi is down after initial app setup
- powered by two "AAA" batteries (sold separately)
- 1-1/2"W x 5-5/16"H x 5/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 603597
What's in the box:
- WiZ remote control
- Quick Setup
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the WiZmote
Overview: WiZ is a connected lighting system. It includes smart light bulbs, as well as light strips, smart plugs, motion sensors, and remote controls. WiZ lights connect directly to your Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz band) -- no hub needed, or via Bluetooth to your smartphone or tablet. You can control the products via the WiZ Connected app on your iOS or Android device. You can also control WiZ products with your voice, through your favorite voice assistant.
WiZmote: The WiZmote is a wireless remote control that works with all WiZ Connected products. It controls all the lights in the room. It has a wide control range of up to 49 feet (15 meters), and works even when the Wi-Fi is down. The WiZmote is powered by two "AAA" batteries (not included). Dimensions: Width 1.5", Length 5.3", Depth 0.635", Weight 1.23 ounces. WiZmote has the following controls:
- On/Off: Individual On and Off buttons let you turn your WiZ lights and smart plugs on or off.
- Nightlight (Moon icon): Sets the WiZ lights in the room to the Nightlight mode.
- 1, 2, 3, 4: The numbered buttons let you select your favorite lighting mode. Your favorites can be set in the WiZ Connected app.
- - / +: This rocker-type switch is for adjusting the brightness of the WiZ lights in the room. Pressing the minus button dims the lights, while the plus button brightens the lights.
WiZmote Setup: The WiZmote can be programmed for use with or without the WiZ Connected app. The WiZmote is attached to a single room and only controls the lights in that room. You can move the WiZmote in the app if you want to control another room. If you want to enjoy your WiZ without connecting them to Wi-Fi, you can link them directly to the WiZmote. If you pair the lights in the app, they will no longer respond to the WiZmote.
WiZ Connected App: The WiZ Connected app helps you control and organize your WiZ lights, smart plugs, and other smart products. You can organize all of your WiZ lights into groups within rooms. The app can help you set up schedules for each light, group, room, or whole house. Settings can be stored in the cloud, and can be shared with other members of your family, friends, and guests. The WiZ Connected app is compatible with iOS devices (running iOS 13.0 or later) and Android devices (version 4.4 and up).
Voice Assistants: You can use voice commands to control your WiZ lights through your favorite Voice Assistant, such as Amazon Alexa or Hey Google. You can also control your lights by using voice commands on your smartphone using Google Assistant and Siri Shortcuts. Wiz lighting products also integrate with other apps, such as IFTTT (If This, Then That), that trigger events based on conditions from other apps. For example, you can set the lights to turn on when your security camera detects motion, or change the color temperature of your lights when the weather changes.