About the Dual CS 418
An affordable, high-quality turntable
An affordable, high-quality turntable
Dual's CS 418 is a sweet introduction to Dual's well-built turntable lineup. It features the solid MDF plinth, heavy die-cast aluminum platter, and stabilizing feet that you'll find on every turntable in the CS line, at a wallet-friendly price point.
The included Ortofon 2M Red cartridge is a real gem — the audiophile-quality 2M line is renowned for balanced performance and sonic accuracy. It plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm records, and a switchable built-in phono preamp lets you connect to a standard line-level RCA input on your receiver, amp, or powered speakers.
About Dual turntables
Dual is a legendary name in consumer electronics. The company started in Germany in 1907, and introduced their signature "dual-motor" for powering gramophones in 1927. The dual-motor was so popular, it just made sense to call the company Dual from then on. They've been through some changes in the century-plus since the company was founded, but they're still headquartered in Germany, and they've continued to build on their reputation as a first-rate turntable manufacturer.
- straight aluminum tonearm with adjustable tracking force and anti-skating
- Ortofon 2M Red moving magnet cartridge included
- switchable built-in phono preamplifier
- when switch is set to LINE, turntable must be connected to a standard line input (labeled AUX, CD, or TAPE)
- when switch is set to PHONO, turntable must be connected to an outboard phono preamp or dedicated phono input
- die-cast aluminum platter with resonance-damping rubber mat
- solid MDF plinth construction dampens vibration for quieter performance
- stabilizing feet with integrated elastomer vibration absorber
- low-vibration DC motor
- rotary speed selector (33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm)
- stereo RCA audio output (cable included)
- removable plastic dust cover
- wow and flutter: 0.1%
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 22dB (at 1kHz)
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-22,000 Hz
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-1/8"W x 5-3/4"H x 15-5/16"D (dust cover down)
- weight: 12.78 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AAV-CS418BK
What's in the box:
- Turntable (belt and tonearm pre-installed)
- Headshell with cartridge/stylus assembly
- AC power adapter (attached 58" DC cord
- 3 AC plug adapter (US/UK/EU)
- 45RPM adapter
- 40" Stereo RCA cable (attached ground wire)
- Dust cover
- 2 Hinges
- Instruction Manual
- Warranty Card
Dual CS 418 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual CS 418
Features & specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|45 RPM Adapter||Yes|
|Power Cable||Detachable (12-volt DC adapter)|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||Aluminum|
|Tone Arm Lift||Finger, Lever|
|Included Cartridge||Ortofon 2M Red|
|Tracking Weight||1.8 g (18mN)|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not given|
|Wow and Flutter||0.1|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Manual Belt-Drive with 3 Speeds: The Dual CS 418 turntable is a manual belt-driven turntable that features a precision cut belt for lower wow & flutter (+/-0.1%). It employs a low vibration DC-Servo-Motor with rubber mounting for vibration decoupling. You can choose from 33-1/3, 45 (adapter included), or 78 (requires different cartridge/stylus) RPM speeds.
Note: The drive belt comes fitted around the turntable flange and must be pulled over the drive motor pulley.
Solid MDF Plinth with Elastomer Feet: The Dual CS 418 turntable features a solid MDF plinth with folded MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) construction that is covered in a black vinyl veneer. The solid MDF plinth sits on four elastomer vibration absorber feet to prevent unwanted vibration that could lead to distortion.
Aluminum Die-Cast Platter with Rubber Mat: The CS 418 turntable uses a precise 12" (305mm) aluminum die-cast platter with a heavy 2.5mm thick rubber mat for resonance damping. The platter spins on a solid platter-bearing with a hardened steel spindle in a brass bushing.
Statically Balanced Tonearm: The Dual CS 418 is fitted with a straight, statically balanced tonearm that features solid aluminum construction with ball-bearings for excellent tracking. The tonearm has a damped manual tonearm lift. It also features an adjustable tracking force and anti-skating adjustment.
Ortofon 2M Red MM Cartridge: The CS 418 comes with a Ortofon 2M Red MM cartridge featuring a bonded Elliptical diamond stylus. The 2M Red is an "all-purpose" MM cartridge known for its open, dynamic sound. The 2M Red cartridge features Ortofon's trademark split pole pins; an invention which enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response. It also incorporates an improved engine to provide optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy.
Note: The Ortofon 2M Red MM cartridge/stylus headshell assembly does not come pre-installed and must be installed on the tonearm prior to operation.
Built-in Phono Preamp: The CS 418 turntable features a built-in phono preamplifier that can be turned On or Off, so it can be connected to either a Phono MM input or Line-Level input on your AV receiver, stereo receiver, or integrated amplifier.
Stereo RCA Output: The Dual CS 418 is outfitted with a set of stereo RCA outputs and comes with a detachable 40" stereo RCA cable to cut the turntable to your AV receiver, stereo receiver, or integrated amplifier.
Dust Cover: A hinged clear plastic cover helps protect the Dual CS 418 turntable from dust and debris. The dust cover can also be removed.
- Dimensions with Dust Cover Closed: 17.125" (w) x 5.75" (h) x 15.3125" (d)
- Dimension with Dust Cover Open: 17.125" (w) x 15.6875" (h) x 16.4375" (d)
AC Power Adapter: The Dual CS 418 comes with an AC power adapter with an attached 58" cord that will need to be plugged into the back of the turntable and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
1 question already asked