About the Dual CS 618Q
A well-built turntable...
A well-built turntable...
The Dual CS 618Q strikes a nice balance between high performance and crowd-pleasing convenience. It's built around a quartz-stabilized brushless direct-drive motor that offers reliable speed stability and very low vibration. It features a solid MDF plinth, heavy die-cast aluminum platter, and stabilizing feet that reduce unwanted resonance, so you hear only the music. An ingenious twin-gimbal design with pivot ball-bearings allows the lightweight aluminum tonearm to read a record groove with extreme precision.
...with very convenient features
That tonearm features a factory-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue cartridge that's a real gem — the audiophile-quality 2M line is known for balanced performance and sonic accuracy. The 'table plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm records, and a switchable built-in phono preamp lets you connect to a standard RCA input on your receiver, amp, or powered speakers.
I love the semi-automatic function, which stops the motor and lifts the tonearm automatically at the end of a record. Now, I'm aware that many audiophiles don't like this feature, so here's the good news: there's a switch on the back of the 'table that lets you defeat it if you prefer to operate your turntable manually.
About Dual turntables
Dual is a legendary name in consumer electronics. The company started in Germany in 1907, and they introduced their signature "dual-motor" for powering gramophones in 1927. The dual-motor was so popular, it just made sense to call the company Dual from then on. They've been through some changes in the century-plus since the company was founded, but they're still headquartered in Germany, and they've continued to build on their reputation as a first-rate turntable manufacturer.
- quartz-stabilized brushless direct-drive motor for reduced vibration and greater speed stability
- straight aluminum tonearm with precision pivot ball-bearing and twin-gimbal design
- includes pre-mounted Ortofon 2M Blue moving magnet cartridge
- adjustable tracking force and anti-skating
- semi-automatic operation — motor stops and tonearm lifts at the end of a record (defeatable)
- switchable built-in phono preamplifier
- die-cast aluminum platter with vibration-damping rubber mat
- solid MDF plinth construction dampens vibration for quieter performance
- stabilizing feet with integrated elastomer vibration absorber
- rotary speed selector (33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm)
- stereo RCA audio output (cable included)
- removable plastic dust cover
- wow and flutter: 0.07%
- channel separation (with included cartridge): 25dB (at 1kHz)
- frequency response (with included cartridge): 20-20,000 Hz (+2/-1dB)
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-3/16"W x 5-3/4"H x 14-1/2"D (dust cover down)
- weight: 15.43 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AAV-CS618W
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Dual CS 618Q
Features & specs
|Speeds||33-1/3, 45, 78|
|45 RPM Adapter||---|
|Detachable Power Cable||---|
|Materials and Construction|
|Tone Arm Shape||Straight|
|Tone Arm Material||---|
|Tone Arm Lift||---|
|Included Cartridge||Ortofon 2M Blue|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Wow and Flutter||0.07|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Turntable Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Turntable Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Cartridge Parts Warranty||---|
|Cartridge Labor Warranty||---|