About the Roswell 1000.1
The Roswell experience
The Roswell experience
What began as a homespun start-up out of a family garage in Canada has now become a go-to name in marine audio worldwide. Over two decades later, the folks at Roswell are just as passionate about audio solutions for boating and watersports as when they began. Choosing Roswell audio gear for your boat ensures you'll enjoy impressive sound, contemporary design, and superior build quality every time you venture onto the water.
Roswell's R1 Series 1000.1 mono amplifier stands ready to make your marine subs happy, cranking out 675 watts RMS to a 2-ohm sub and 1,000 watts to a 1-ohm load. The amp sports a full complement of controls, including a low-pass filter, variable phase adjustment, a variable subsonic filter, and a potent bass boost, so you can tune your system to perfection. This Class D amp runs cool, uses less power than other amp designs, and features differential inputs that filter out the noise generated by your boat's electrical system.
Built to save space
With the help of optional spacers, you can stack Roswell amplifiers for a cool looking installation that saves you a lot of space. Roswell designed this amplifier to endure the extremes of life on the water, so salt, dust, fog, and UV rays won't keep it from doing its job for years to come.
- mono marine subwoofer amplifier
- 400 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 675 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 1 ohm
- efficient Class D design
- frequency response: 10-400 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (30-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable phase control (0° to 180°)
- bass boost ((0-18 dB at 45Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (10-55Hz)
- stackable design means you save space
- conformal coated circuit boards
- logo lights up when amp receives power
- preamp inputs
- differential RCA inputs minimize noise from your system
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- dimensions: 11-1/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 7-1/16"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C920-1831SD
What's in the box:
- Mono marine amplifier (installed 3 x 30A ATO fuses)
- Remote level control w/3M adhesive backing
- 16.5' Remote level control cable (RJ-12 connectors on both ends)
- Remote mounting bracket
- Two 10mm screws
- Four 14mm screws
- 3 Allen keys (4mm / 3mm / 2mm)
- Barcode sticker with model & serial numbers
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roswell 1000.1
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||400 x 1|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||675 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||---|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Roswell R1 1000.1 is a mono amplifier designed for the marine environment. It features a heavy-duty chassis with a removable cover for the controls, fully conformal-coated PCBs, and nickel-plated marine-grade wire terminals.
Class D Amplification: The R1 1000.1 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a compact chassis. The mono amp can provide the following power output:
- 400 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms
- 675 watts RMS x 1 @ 2 Ohms
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 @ 1 Ohm
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the provided 3mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver to make adjustments.
- Differential Input: This On/Off setting can provide better resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and help eliminate any signal noise.
- Low-Pass Filter: A rotary control lets you set the low-pass frequency between 30Hz and 300Hz. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- Sensitivity: This rotary control let you match the amplifier input to the source unit's output level. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V (Min) to 10.0V (Max).
- Boost: Provides a 0 - 18dB boost @45Hz.
- Sonic: Lets you adjust the subsonic filter frequency from 10Hz - 55Hz, for removing frequencies below the cutoff point.
- Phase: Lets you adjust the phase of the subwoofer output from 0˚ - 180˚.
- Power/Protect LED: Lights when the amplifier is fully activated, and will flash red when a fault in the speaker wiring or internally is detected.
- Clip LED: Lights if the input signal is too high. The sensitivity dial should be turned down to where the Clip indicator doesn't light.
Remote Level Control: A remote level control is provided that lets you quickly adjust the R1 1000.1 amplifier's output level from the front seat. The miniature rotary control includes a mounting bracket, for installing under the dash or console, along with 16.5' of cabling.
Connections: The Roswell R1 1000.1's wiring connections are on one side of the amplifier for a clean installation. Each wire connection is held with a set-screw connection (Allen keys provided). Connections include:
- Power/Ground: The power and ground connections feature set-screw terminals that will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended).
- Remote Turn-on: The Remote Turn-on connection is a set-screw terminal that will accept up to 14-gauge wire.
- Speaker Outputs: Two pairs of speaker outputs are provided for connecting two subwoofers if needed. Each set of terminals outputs an identical mono signal.
- Inputs: A single pair of RCA input jacks provide the audio input from the source unit.
- RCA Output: A pair RCA Output jacks can be used to jumper the input signal out to a secondary amplifier.
- Fuses: Three 30A ATO
Stackable Mounting: The R1 1000.1 amplifier's unique design allows it to be stack-mounted using the optional Roswell R1 Amp Spacers (sold separately). The Amp Spacers allow multiple R1 1000.1 amps to be mounted on top of each other, taking up less horizontal space. The billet aluminum spacers allow ample room for airflow between each amp, and are designed to withstand the marine environment.