About the Roswell 550.2
The Roswell experience
The Roswell experience
What began as a homespun start-up out of a family garage in Canada has now become a go-to name in marine audio worldwide. Over two decades later, the folks at Roswell are just as passionate about audio solutions for boating and watersports as when they began. Choosing Roswell audio gear for your boat ensures you'll enjoy impressive sound, contemporary design, and superior build quality every time you venture onto the water.
Roswell's R1 Series 550.2 two-channel amplifier stands ready to make your boat's system sound righteous, cranking out 165 watts RMS each to a pair of 4-ohm speakers, or 550 watts to a 4-ohm sub. The amp sports a full complement of controls, including a low-pass filter, variable phase adjustment, a variable subsonic filter, and a potent bass boost, so you can tune your system to perfection. This Class D amp runs cool, uses less power than other amp designs, and features differential inputs that filter out the noise generated by your boat's electrical system.
Built to save space
With the help of optional spacers, you can stack Roswell amplifiers for a cool looking installation that saves you a lot of space. Roswell designed this amplifier to endure the extremes of life on the water, so salt, dust, fog, and UV rays won't keep it from doing its job for years to come.
- marine 2-channel amplifier
- 165 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
- 275 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
- 550 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- efficient Class D design
- frequency response: 10-25,000 Hz
- variable low- and high-pass filters (30-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable phase control (0° to 180°)
- bass boost ((0-18 dB at 45Hz)
- variable subsonic filter (10-55Hz)
- stackable design means you save space
- conformal coated circuit boards
- logo lights up when amp receives power
- Bluetooth USB port
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- differential RCA inputs minimize noise from your system
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 25A x 2
- dimensions: 11-1/8"W x 2"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C920-1832SD
What's in the box:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier (installed 2 x 25A ATO fuses)
- Four 14mm screws
- 3 Allen keys (4mm / 3mm / 2mm)
- Barcode sticker with model & serial numbers
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roswell 550.2
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||165 x 2|
|Frequency Response at Rated RMS Power||---|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||---|
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||275 x 2|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||550 x 1|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||---|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||30-300Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||No|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
Marine Amplifier: The Roswell R1 550.2 is a 2-channel amplifier designed for the marine environment. It features a heavy-duty chassis with a removable cover for the controls, fully conformal-coated PCBs, and nickel-plated marine-grade wire terminals.
Class D Amplification: The R1 550.2 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small chassis. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 165 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- 275 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms
- 550 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms bridged
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the provided 3mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver to make adjustments.
- Differential Input (On/Off): This setting can provide better resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and help eliminate any signal noise.
- Crossovers: A 3-way switch that lets you set the crossover for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The rotary controls lets you set the low-pass or high-pass frequency between 30Hz and 300Hz. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- Sensitivity: This control lets you match the amplifier input to the output of source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V (Min) to 10.0V (Max).
- Subsonic: Lets you adjust the frequency of the built-in subsonic filter, with a range of 10Hz - 35Hz.
- Phase: A variable control can shift the signal phase, with a range of 0˚ - 180˚.
- Boost: Provides a 0 - 18dB boost @45Hz.
- Power/Protect LED: Lights when the amplifier is fully activated, and will flash red when a fault in the speaker wiring or internally is detected.
- Clip LED: Lights if the input signal is too high. The sensitivity dial should be turned down to where the Clip indicator doesn't light.
Connections: The Roswell R1 500.2's wiring connections are on one side of the amplifier for a clean installation. Each wire connection is held with a set-screw connection (Allen keys provided). The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground: The power and ground connections feature set-screw terminals that will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended).
- Remote Turn-on: The Remote Turn-on connection is a set-screw terminal that will accept up to 14-gauge wire.
- Speaker Outputs: The two sets of speaker output terminals accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire.
- Inputs: The amp features one pair of RCA input jacks for connecting the source unit.
- Outputs: Two RCA jacks can be used to pass the input signal back out to additional amplifiers.
- Fuses: Two 25A
Stackable Mounting: The R1 500.2 amplifier's unique design allows it to be stack-mounted using the optional Roswell R1 Amp Spacers (sold separately). The Amp Spacers allow multiple R1 500.2 amps to be mounted on top of each other, taking up less horizontal space. The billet aluminum spacers allow ample room for airflow between each amp, and are designed to withstand the marine environment.