About the Roswell In-boat Package
All you need to rock
All you need to rock
Roswell agrees with you — great sound on the water is a top priority. This all-in-one marine package sets you up with a whole deck full'o sound plus some mellow mood lighting. The package includes an R1 650.4 amp, two pairs of R 6.5 in-boat speakers with LED lighting, an RGB controller, dual-zone volume control, a Bluetooth controller, and RCA cables.
A rugged amp, plus Bluetooth
No place on your captain's console for a new marine receiver? No problem. Roswell's R1 650.4 amp paired with their included Bluetooth controller means you can stream your best boat tunes directly from your phone. The Cybox Bluetooth controller supports aptX, A2DP, and AVRCP profiles to give you high-quality options when it comes to your wireless source. And with the amp's serious power, you'll get impressive volume and clarity on the open water.
Roswell designed these robust speakers to set the mood for every big outing on the water. Built-in multi-color LED lighting gets the party started and great audio performance keeps it going. With Roswell's included RGB lighting controller and remote, you can create just about any mood on deck with a myriad of color options. These R Series speakers use weather- and UV-resistant materials for uncompromised playback, no matter how taxing the environment.
The Roswell experience
What began as a homespun start-up out of a family garage in Canada has now become a go-to name in marine audio worldwide. Over two decades later, the folks at Roswell are just as passionate about audio solutions for boating and watersports as when they began. Choosing Roswell audio gear for your boat ensures you'll enjoy innovative sound, contemporary design, and superior build quality every time you venture onto the water.
- package includes R1 650.4 amp, two pairs of R 6.5 in-boat speakers with LED lighting
- also includes RGB controller, RGB controller, dual-zone volume control, Bluetooth controller, and RCA cables
R1 Series 650.4 marine amp
- Class D 4-channel amplifier (bridgeable)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms
Cybox Bluetooth interface
- music streaming
- supports aptX, A2DP, and AVRCP profiles optimized for real-time audio streaming
- built-in line driver
Dual zone volume control
- connects with 6 gold-plated female RCA connectors
- quad-shielded cable for noise rejection
RGB LED controller and remote
- 20 pre-programmed colors and patterns and 15 reactive modes
R1 6.5 marine speakers (pair)
- 2-way 6-1/2" in-boat marine speakers with black grilles
- handles up to 60 watts RMS (120 watts peak)
- sensitivity: 87 dB
- frequency response: 69-20,000 Hz
- top-mount depth: 3"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C920-2553
What's in the box:
- This Roswell Marine In-Boat Package contains 8 individually boxed items:
- R1 650.4 Marine Amplifier:
- 4-Channel marine amplifier (installed 2 x 30A ATO fuses)
- Four 14mm screws
- 3 Allen keys (4mm / 3mm / 2mm)
- Barcode sticker with model & serial numbers
- R1 6.5" Marine Speakers (x2):
- Two 2-way Marine speakers with grilles attached
- 2 Trim rings
- Eight 1-1/2" Stainless-steel screws
- Installation instructions
- Cybox Bluetooth Interface:
- Bluetooth interface module
- 3' Stereo 3.5mm-to-RCA cable
- Four 1/2" screws
- Instruction manual
- Dual Zone Volume Control:
- Dual zone volume control with locking-collar and attached 10" RCA cables
- Surface-mount bracket (attached to volume control)
- Rubber gasket
- Two 12mm screws
- Instructions on packaging (includes hole-size template)
- RGB Remote Controller:
- RF Receiver/Controller
- Removable power and ground terminal (installed)
- 2 Removable RGB terminals (installed)
- Wireless remote control
- 2 AAA Batteries
- 6" Audio Y-adapter (male stereo 3.5mm plug on one end and two female stereo 3.5mm jacks on the other)
- 28" Retractable stereo extension cable (male 3.5mm plugs on both ends)
- Roswell Marine Patch Cables (x2):
- 6.6' Marine RCA cable
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roswell In-boat Package
Marine Amplifier: The Roswell R1 650.4 is a 4-channel amplifier designed for the marine environment. It features a heavy-duty chassis with a removable cover for the controls, fully conformal-coated PCBs, and nickel-plated marine-grade wire terminals.
Class D Amplification: The R1 650.4 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small chassis. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 100 watts RMS x 4 @ 4 Ohms
- 165 watts RMS x 4 @ 2 Ohms
- 300 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms bridged
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the provided 3mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver to make adjustments.
- Differential Input (On/Off): This setting can provide better resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and help eliminate any signal noise.
- Config: This 2-way switch (2Ch/4Ch) determines if the four amplifier channels are fed be either 2 or 4 of the RCA audio inputs.
- Crossovers: A 3-way switch for each pair of channels lets you set the crossover for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. Corresponding rotary controls let you set the low-pass or high-pass frequency between 30Hz and 300Hz. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- Sensitivity: These two rotary controls let you match the amplifier input for each pair of channels to the source unit's output level. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V (Min) to 10.0V (Max).
- Boost: Provides a 0 - 18dB boost @45Hz that can be applied to each pair of channels.
- Power/Protect LED: Lights when the amplifier is fully activated, and will flash red when a fault in the speaker wiring or internally is detected.
- Clip LED: Lights if the input signal is too high. The sensitivity dial should be turned down to where the Clip indicator doesn't light.
Connections: The Roswell R1 650.4's wiring connections are on one side of the amplifier for a clean installation. Each wire connection is held with a set-screw connection (Allen keys provided). The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground: The power and ground connections feature set-screw terminals that will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended).
- Remote Turn-on: The Remote Turn-on connection is a set-screw terminal that will accept up to 14-gauge wire.
- Speaker Outputs: Four pairs of speaker output terminals accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire. Channels 1&2 and 3&4 can each be bridged for a 300W x 2 output.
- Inputs: Two pairs of RCA input jacks provide the audio input from the source unit.
- Outputs: A single pair of RCA Output jacks can be used to pass the input signal back out to additional amplifiers.
- Fuses: Two 30A
Stackable Mounting: The R1 650.4 amplifier's unique design allows it to be stack-mounted using the optional Roswell R1 Amp Spacers (sold separately). The Amp Spacers allow multiple R1 650.4 amps to be mounted on top of each other, taking up less horizontal space. The billet aluminum spacers allow ample room for airflow between each amp, and are designed to withstand the marine environment.
- Width: 11.12"
- Height: 1.95"
- Depth: 7.08"
Marine Tested: The R1 Series 6.5" marine speakers are tested using ASTM standards, 500 hours UV exposure and 500 hours salt fog spray.
LEDs: There are multi-color LEDs in the back of the tweeter casing, to create a glow on the woofer cone. Depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they can light red, green, blue, yellow, purple, cyan, or white. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on. The LEDs can be controlled using the included RGB Remote Control.
Wire Terminal: Each speaker's signal wires and LED power wires are integrated into a 6-pin water tight Deutsch plug. If a Deutsch harness system isn't being used, the plug can be cut off and hard wired.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Roswell optimize the speaker's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Basket And Grille: The baskets and grilles are Centrex plastic and enclose the woofers' motor systems and 12 dB/octave crossovers to prevent corrosion.
- Outer Diameter: 6.815"
- Cutout Diameter: 5.211"
- Magnet Diameter: 4.55"
- Mounting Height (w/grille): 1.25"
- Bolt-Hole Pattern:
- Perimeter 1: 4.109"
- Perimeter 2: 4.464"
- Diagonal 1: 5.882"
- Diagonal 2: 6.245"
Interface Overview: The Roswell Cybox Bluetooth Interface lets you stream music from your Bluetooth-enabled audio playback device to up to 3 sound systems on your boat or water craft. Featuring Bluetooth 3.0, the Cybox supports aptX, A2DP, and AVRCP profiles. The compact Bluetooth interface has an operating range of up to 20' (6 meters).
Outputs: The Roswell Cybox features three 3.5mm audio output jacks for running to multiple radios, amplifiers, or soundbars (all sold separately). Each output jack provides a 4V signal level, ensuring a strong signal with less noise. One output includes an internal switch for lowering the signal level to 800mV, for audio systems requiring a lower input level. A 3' stereo 3.5mm-to-RCA cable is also provided.
Note: The internal voltage switch only affects the one output jack associated with it.
Wiring: A terminal strip on top of the Cybox Bluetooth interface provides the input connections for powering the module. Each set-screw connection can accept wire up to 16 ga. (minimum 18 ga. recommended). Terminals include:
- B+: Constant +12VDC
- B-: Ground
- R: Switched +12VDC
- DR: Delayed amp remote output
Note: The +12VDC constant power line should be protected with a 3A fuse or breaker (not included).
Mounting: The Cybox Bluetooth interface features mounting tabs in each corner, allowing it to be mounted to any flat surface using the provided hardware.
Overview: The Roswell Dual Zone Volume Control (C920-0300) lets you control the audio level in two areas of your marine craft. It features a single pair of RCA audio inputs and 2 pairs of RCA audio outputs for running to marine amplifiers or powered speakers (sold separately). The volume controls consist of two concentric, logarithmic rotary-controls with center detents for quick location reference. The attached 10" cabling is quad-shielded for maximum noise rejection, and each of the 6 female RCA connectors is gold-plated for maximum signal transfer.
Mounting: The Dual Zone Volume Control offers two ways for mounting:
- Surface Mount: Lets you mount the volume control on top of or underneath a console or dash, using the provided bracket and screws.
- Flush Mount: The volume control can also be flush mounted to a console or flat surface using the provided gasket and locking-collar. The volume control requires drilling a mounting hole approximately 7/8" in diameter; a hole-size template is provided on the packaging.
Marine Patch Cables: The Roswell R 6.5" In-Boat Package includes two 2-Channel RCA cables designed for the marine environment. Each 2 meter (6.6') RCA cable features quad-shielding for superior noise rejection and a cleaner audio signal. A durable outer jacket helps reject moisture and abrasion.
- Power: on
- Power: off
- Color Wheel: choose color; capacitive touch
- Brightness: rocker switch
- Speed: rocker switch; change the speed at which the colors change in multi-color mode
- Color Mode: rocker switch; change between color modes
- Static: choose one of the seven colors (white, cyan, purple, yellow, blue, green, or red)
- Cycle: blinks between all seven colors; speed adjustable
- RGB Cross-Fade: fades between red, green, and blue; speed adjustable
- Seven Color Cross-Fade: fades between all seven colors; speed adjustable
- Red/Green Cross-Fade: fades between red and green; speed adjustable
- Red/Blue Cross-Fade: fades between red and blue; speed adjustable
- Green/Blue Cross-Fade: fades between green and blue; speed adjustable
- Flash: single color flashing; choose one of the seven colors; speed adjustable
- Music Mode: rocker switch; change between the music
control modes; brightness and speed vary with the music (connected to the
- Single Color: choose any one of the seven colors to blink with the music (white, cyan, purple, yellow, blue, green, or red)
- Cycle: quickly cycles between all seven colors
- Seven Color Cross-Fade: gradual fading between all seven colors
- Red/Green Cross-Fade: fades between red and green
- Red/Blue Cross-Fade: fades between red and blue
- Green/Blue Cross-Fade: fades between green and blue
- Flashing Red: more intense than blinking
- Flashing Green: more intense than blinking
- Flashing Blue: more intense than blinking
- Sensitivity: rotary knob on receiver unit; adjusts sensitivity to the music input
- Power/Ground: the removable 2-pin set screw Phoenix terminal accepts power and ground wires up to 14-gauge; Roswell recommends 18-gauge minimum
- RGB Output: there are two removable 4-pin RGB output set screw Phoenix terminals; each accepts bare wire up to 14-gauge; Roswell recommends 18-gauge minimum
- Line Input: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack input; allows integrating the lights with the beat of the music
- Width: 2⅛"
- Height: 1"
- Length: 4⅛"
- Width: 2⅞" (4" including the knob and wiring)
- Height: 1"
- Length: 3⅜" (includes mounting flange)
- Remote Power Supply: 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Input Voltage: 12 or 24 volts DC
- Output Current: 18 amps max
- Maximum Output:
- 12 volt input: 216 watts
- 24 volt input: 432 watts