About the Roswell R1 10" Sub/Amp Package
A great-sounding sub/amp combo
A great-sounding sub/amp combo
Finding the right amplifier to go with your subwoofer can be one of the more stressful parts of building a rockin' marine audio system. The good folks at Roswell did it for you, and better still, you can choose the look that's best for your boat. Roswell's R1 550.2 marine amplifier and the R1 sub make a perfect pair, and you can choose a Black or White grille.
Brilliant bass for your boat
Roswell's R1 Series 10" marine subwoofer is designed to work in sealed and ported enclosures, along with infinite baffle applications. With up to 250 watts RMS power handling, you'll hear the low notes like never before. The marine-grade plastic housing provides the extreme salt and UV resistance needed to stand up to the marine environment, while custom-machined terminals ensure solid connections. With just over 5" of mounting depth, the R1 sub is easy to fit into almost any application.
The included plastic grille features built-in RGB lighting, which you can program with Roswell's RGB remote/controller (sold separately), and its press-fit design hides the installation hardware for a custom look.
The power to perform
Roswell's R1 Series 550.2 two-channel amplifier cranks out plenty of power to the sub. It sports a full complement of controls, including a low-pass filter, variable phase adjustment, a variable subsonic filter, and a potent bass boost, so you can tune your system to perfection. This Class D amp runs cool, uses less power than other amp designs, and features differential inputs that filter out the noise generated by your boat's electrical system. Roswell designed this amplifier to endure the extremes of life on the water, so it'll stand up to salt, dust, fog, and UV rays.
The Roswell story
What began as a small start-up out of a family garage in Canada has now become a go-to name in marine audio worldwide. Over two decades later, the folks at Roswell are just as passionate about audio solutions for boating and powersports as when they began. Choosing Roswell audio gear for your boat ensures you'll enjoy impressive sound, sleek design, and superior build quality every time you venture onto the water.
- 10" sub/amp package for marine applications
R1 Series subwoofer
- 10" 4-ohm marine sub with built-in LED lighting (black grille)
- suitable for infinite baffle applications and sealed or ported enclosures
- power handling: 250 watts RMS (500 watts peak)
- frequency response: 35-300 Hz
- sensitivity: 88 dB
- cutout diameter: 9.25"
- mounting depth: 5.08"
- warranty: 1 year
Roswell 550.2 amplifier
- marine-rated 2-channel amp
- 165 watts RMS x 2 (550 watts x 1 bridged at 4 ohms)
- efficient Class D design
- frequency response: 10-25,000 Hz
- variable low- and high-pass filters (30-300 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- bass boost ((0-18 dB at 45Hz)
- conformal coated circuit boards
- dimensions: 11-1/8"W x 1-15/16"H x 7-1/16"D
- wiring and hardware not included
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C920-2559
What's in the box:
- This package contains 2 individually boxed items:
- R1 550.2 Amplifier:
- 2-Channel marine amplifier (installed 2 x 25A ATO fuses)
- Four 14mm screws
- 3 Allen keys (4mm / 3mm / 2mm)
- Barcode sticker with model & serial numbers
- R1 Series 10" Subwoofer:
- 10" Marine subwoofer with attached grille (black) and 12" RGB input harness
- Eight 2" Stainless steel screws
- 8 Screw covers (installed)
- Installation instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roswell R1 10" Sub/Amp Package
System Overview: The Roswell R1 10" Subwoofer Package contains one R1 10" marine subwoofer with attached grille (black), and an R1 550.2 marine amplifier capable of outputting 550W bridged.
R1 10": The Roswell R1 10" marine subwoofer is a versatile subwoofer that can be mounted in a ported enclosure or in an infinite baffle configuration, giving you a wide range of installation options (enclosure sold separately). The 4Ω marine subwoofer can handle up to 250W RMS and provide deep bass extension down to 35Hz. It features a durable marine-grade plastic housing that requires just over 5" of mounting depth. The two wire terminals can accept speaker wire up to 10-gauge in size, and are secured with knurled knobs that can be hand-tightened without any tools.
LEDs: There are multi-color LEDs in the back of the grille, to create a glow on the woofer cone. Depending on what combination of LED wires is connected, they can light red, green, blue, yellow, purple, cyan, or white. A 12 volt power supply is needed to turn the LEDs on. The LEDs can also be controlled using Roswell's RGB Remote Control (sold separately).
LED Wiring: The woofer's LED power wires are integrated into a 4-pin water tight Deutsch plug. If a Deutsch harness system isn't being used, the plug can be cut off and hard wired.
Wire Terminal: The set screw terminals will accept up to 10-gauge speaker wire.
Klippel Verified: The Klippel distortion analyzer, a device that uses a laser and sophisticated software to do large-scale analysis of drivers in motion, lets Roswell optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment, and suspension to yield the best possible performance.
Basket And Grille: The basket and grille are Centrex plastic and enclose the woofer's motor system to prevent corrosion.
Infinite-Baffle Operation: The R1 subwoofer is designed for infinite baffle operation so that it can be installed in a variety of locations, without the need for a dedicated enclosure. If a sealed enclosure is used, Roswell recommends it be as large as is practical. Three ported enclosure options are also listed in the manual:
- 1.0 ft³ using a 4" diameter x 17¾" long port, resulting in a tuning frequency of 40 Hz
- 1.5 ft³ using a 4" diameter x 10¾" long port, resulting in a tuning frequency of 35 Hz
- 2.0 ft³ using a 4" diameter x 10¾" long port, resulting in a tuning frequency of 35 Hz
Marine Amplifier: The Roswell R1 550.2 2-channel amplifier is designed for the marine environment. It features a heavy-duty chassis with a removable cover for the controls, fully conformal-coated PCBs, and nickel-plated marine-grade wire terminals.
Class D Amplification: The R1 550.2 features state-of-the-art Class D amplification which provides ample power in a small chassis. The amp's power output is as follows:
- 165 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- 275 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms
- 550 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 Ohms bridged
Control Panel: The top-mounted control panel is protected by a cover to help keep the controls dry, and to prevent unwanted adjustments. The cover screws can be removed with the provided 3mm Allen wrench. The rotary controls and recessed slide switches require the use of a narrow flat-head screwdriver to make adjustments.
- Differential Input (On/Off): This setting can provide better resistance to electromagnetic interference (EMI) and help eliminate any signal noise.
- Crossovers: A 3-way switch that lets you set the crossover for low-pass, high-pass, or full-range operation. The rotary controls lets you set the low-pass or high-pass frequency between 30Hz and 300Hz. The crossover has a 12dB/octave slope.
- Sensitivity: This control lets you match the amplifier input to the output of source unit. The input sensitivity of the amp ranges from 0.2V (Min) to 10.0V (Max).
- Subsonic: Lets you adjust the frequency of the built-in subsonic filter, with a range of 10Hz - 35Hz.
- Phase: A variable control can shift the signal phase, with a range of 0˚ - 180˚.
- Boost: Provides a 0 - 18dB boost @45Hz.
- Power/Protect LED: Lights when the amplifier is fully activated, and will flash red when a fault in the speaker wiring or internally is detected.
- Clip LED: Lights if the input signal is too high. The sensitivity dial should be turned down to where the Clip indicator doesn't light.
Connections: The Roswell R1 500.2's wiring connections are on one side of the amplifier for a clean installation. Each wire connection is held with a set-screw connection (Allen keys provided). The connections are as follows:
- Power/Ground: The power and ground connections feature set-screw terminals that will accept up to 4-gauge wire (recommended).
- Remote Turn-on: The Remote Turn-on connection is a set-screw terminal that will accept up to 14-gauge wire.
- Speaker Outputs: The two sets of speaker output terminals accept up to 12-gauge speaker wire.
- Inputs: The amp features one pair of RCA input jacks for connecting the source unit.
- Outputs: Two RCA jacks can be used to pass the input signal back out to additional amplifiers.
- Fuses: Two 25A
Stackable Mounting: The R1 500.2 amplifier's unique design allows it to be stack-mounted using the optional Roswell R1 Amp Spacers (sold separately). The Amp Spacers allow multiple R1 500.2 amps to be mounted on top of each other, taking up less horizontal space. The billet aluminum spacers allow ample room for airflow between each amp, and are designed to withstand the marine environment.
- Width: 11.12"
- Height: 2.0"
- Depth: 7.10"
- Outer Diameter: 10.83"
- Cutout Diameter: 9.25"
- Mounting Depth: 5.125"
- Mounting Height: 1.98"
- Magnet Diameter: 6.25"