About the Shadow-Caster SCM-10-BB-20
Light 'em up
Light 'em up
Adding LED lighting to your boat is a cool way to stand out from the crowd. These super-cool lights from Shadow-Caster install on your boat's hull and really light up the night. The low-profile design gives you plenty of mounting options, and the rugged stainless-steel housing looks great, resists corrosion, and stands up to hard use on trailered or lift-kept boats.
The SCM-10 features 10 single-color LEDs and produces a healthy 42 watts of lighting. The rugged polycarbonate lens takes a lot of abuse and the entire unit is designed to keep moisture and condensation out. This powerful LED light is available in your choice of five single colors:
- Bimini Blue
- Ultra Blue
- Aqua Green
- Cool Red
- Great White
The marine enthusiasts at Shadow-Caster specialize in the design and manufacture of innovative LED lighting products, controls, and accessories. Their gear is designed and manufactured in Clearwater, Florida by people who love boating as much as you do.
- marine LED hull light with 10 single-color LEDs
- 42 watts of intense LED lighting
- manufactured in Clearwater, Florida, USA
- five colors to choose from
- clear gel-filled design keeps condensation and moisture out
- 316 stainless steel housing resists corrosion
- rugged polycarbonate lens
- IP68 fully-submersible waterproof design
- transient surge and reverse polarity protection prolongs unit life
- thermal throttling technology for safe operation even out of water
- 120-degree beam angle
- power draw: 42 watts
- current draw: 3.5 amps at 12 volts
- dimensions: 10" (254 mm) x 2.4" (61mm) x 0.5" (13mm)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SCM-10-BB-20
What's in the box:
- Underwater light (Bimini Blue) w/attached 20' wire harness
- Two 1-1/2" screws
- Installation instructions
- Installation diagram
- Warranty information
- Product registration card
- Care & Cleaning instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shadow-Caster SCM-10-BB-20
Overview: The Shadow-Caster SCM-10 series underwater light bar lets you add intense, colored LED lighting to your marine craft. Its low-profile design allows it to be mounted in a variety of locations. With an IP68 waterproof rating, the SCM-10 is fully submersible and can be mounted below the waterline.
Construction: The SCM-10 features a heavy-duty housing that's made with passivated 316 stainless steel, providing durable corrosion resistance. The ten built-in LEDs are protected by a tough polycarbonate outer lens, and the entire internal space is filled with a proprietary clear-gel that eliminates condensation and water intrusion while under stress.
LEDs: Ten built-in color LEDs provide up to 4000 lumens with a wide 120˚ beam angle. Thermal throttling technology enables safe LED operation, even when out of the water. Transient surge and reverse polarity protection help prolong LED life.
Power: The SCM-10 can operate on 10-30 volt systems, and consumes 3.5A (42 watts) of current @12V. A built-in 20' wiring harness gets run through the hull of your marine craft and attached to a power and ground source inside. The wire harness is encased in a heavy-duty outer jacket for added water- and damage-protection. The 3-wire harness includes:
- Red: +10-30V Power connection
- Black: Chassis ground
- Blue: This Pulse-Width Control (PWM)
wire is used to control the dimming and strobing functions integrated into
the light, via an optional Shadow-Caster Marine LED Lighting Controller
- Each installed SCM-10 underwater light should be wired to a 7.5A fuse/breaker circuit (not included) inside the craft. This allows it to handle the 3.5A nominal draw along with the current in-rush when first powered on.
- A 0.50" hole will need to be drilled through your marine craft's hull for running the attached cable.
Optional Colors: The Shadow-Caster SCM-10 series of marine underwater lighting is available in the following LED colors: Cool Red, Bimini blue, Ultra Blue, Great White, and Aqua Green. Two additional models can provide multi-color lighting. All can be found here.