About the Shadow-Caster SCM-ZC-KIT
Convenient control for your boat's lighting
Convenient control for your boat's lighting
This clever combo from Shadow-Cast gives you convenient control of your boat's lighting system. The compact “black box” controller installs out of sight, while the IP65-rated remote is designed for marine and outdoor use, with a UV-stabilized polycarbonate cover, a stainless steel bezel, and a machined aluminum rear housing. With 16 illuminated silicone buttons, it's easy to see and easy to use.
Get the look you like
You'll have plenty of control over your RGB, RGBW, 2-color, or single- color lighting system. You can adjust the fade mode, control color and brightness, set up three distinct music sync patterns, and set transition speed and color sequence for all the various fade and strobe modes. If you like what you've created, you can save the settings and apply them whenever you want. And you can do all this in multiple zones.
The marine enthusiasts at Shadow-Caster specialize in the design and manufacture of innovative LED lighting products, controls, and accessories. Their gear is designed and manufactured in Clearwater, Florida by people who love boating as much as you do.
- package includes:
- compact marine RGB LED remote (SCM-ZC-REMOTE)
- black box controller combo (SCM-MZ-LC)
- mounting hardware
- IP65-rated design
- UV-stabilized polycarbonate cover with stainless steel bezel
- machined aluminum rear housing
- control and synchronize multiple lighting zones
- 4 fused RGBW lighting connections
- adjust fade mode, control color and brightness, music sync, and more
- remote dimensions: 3.625" diameter x 0.5"H (3" mounting hole)
- made for marine use
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SCM-ZC-KIT
What's in the box:
- 4-Zone LED lighting controller (four internally installed 10A ATO fuses) w/attached 16" 3.5mm audio input and 9" Shadow-Net wires
- Zone controller remote control
- Remote control mounting bracket (installed w/2 flat-washers and 2 Nylock nuts)
- 43" 4-wire connection cable w/threaded locking connectors
- Four 18mm counter-sunk machine screws
- Four 3/4" screws
- Installation & operation guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Shadow-Caster SCM-ZC-KIT
Overview: The Shadow-Caster SCM-ZC-KIT is a multi-zone marine LED lighting controller and remote control designed to activate and control your Shadow-Caster LED lighting (sold separately), including RGB and RGBW (white) lighting. The SCM-ZC-KIT includes an SCM-MZ-LC Multi-Zone Lighting Controller and an SCM-ZC-REMOTE wired Zone Controller Remote.
Waterproof: The Shadow-Caster SCM-ZC-KIT carries an IP65 waterproof rating for marine use.
4-Zone Lighting Control: The included SCM-MZ-LC controller can provide up to 4 separate lighting zone outputs. Each output includes a 5-terminal connector for RGBW LED wire connection, and its own 10A ATO fuse for individual circuit protection. Terminals are color-coded to match Shadow-Caster products and feature snap-locks for easy wire connections. All connections to the SCM-MZ-LC Controller are made by removing the translucent top-cover.
Shadow-NET Interface: The SCM-ZC-KIT features integrated Shadow-NET compatibility that can transmit multiple channels of digital commands to other Shadow-NET lighting products via the attached 9" yellow and orange Shadow-NET wires.
DIP Switch Settings: A 4-switch DIP panel underneath the top cover lets select whether each Zone is set for RGB or RGBW operation (default is RGB).
Power: The SCM-ZC-KIT can operate on 10-30VDC. Power/ground connections are made using 2 internally mounted set-screw terminals. The SCM-ZC-KIT can support up to 15 amps of current draw per Zone (60A total for the system), but includes a pre-installed 10A fuse for each Zone.
Music Sync: The SCM-ZC-KIT includes a female 3.5mm connector for inputting audio signals, allowing your connected LED lighting to be varied with the input signal.
Multi-Zone Remote: The dash- or console-mountable Controller Remote (SCM-ZC-REMOTE) is made with a UV-stabilized polycarbonate cover with a stainless steel bezel. The Remote can be installed in a standard 3" gauge opening and requires approximately 3.88" of mounting depth. Its 16 backlit silicone buttons can perform the following commands:
- All & Off: One press of the All button activates the Controller. Pressing it again returns all connected lights to the previous setting. The Off button turns off the lights in all zones, or, if preceded by a zone number, turns off the designated zone.
- 1-4: Four numeral buttons are provided for selecting each of the four lighting zones. The backlighting of the button will match the selected color and mode of that zone.
- White, Red, Green, Blue: These buttons let you select a basic color and use the left/right arrow buttons to cycle to the next color.
- Navigation Arrows: Arrow buttons can cycle through each available Color (left/right), and increase/decrease Brightness (up/down). Available colors include: Cool White, Natural White, Warm White, Pink, Purple, Red, Orange, Red Orange, Gold, Yellow, Green, Lime, Olive, Aqua, Blue, Sky Blue, Indigo, Orchid, Purple, and Magenta.
- Sync: Selects one of the 3 Sync Modes when the Controller's 3.5mm
audio input is connected to your music source's audio output. Sync options
- Full Color Frequency: Intensity of the LED color will vary with the different frequency ranges of the music.
- Single Color Amplitude: LED Brightness will vary with the intensity of the music, for whichever color is selected.
- Multi-Color Amplitude: Varies LED Brightness with the intensity of the music while continually rotating through available colors.
- Mode: Each press of the Mode button cycles through the lighting
- Single Color Fade: The selected color will fade off and on.
- Multi-Color Fade: Fades up/down and cycles between colors depending on selected color sequence - Blue/White, Red/Green/Blue/White, and All Colors.
- Multi-Color Change: Same color sequence as Multi-Color Fade, but maintains the brightness on a color before fading to the next color.
- Strobe/Flash: Flashes a specified color at a specified rate.
Connection Cable: The Multi-Zone Remote connects to the Controller using the supplied 43" proprietary cable with 4-pin locking-connectors.
Remote Control Dimensions:
- Outer Diameter: 3.67"
- Inner Diameter (Cutout): 2.89"
- Face Thickness: 0.50"
- Mounting Depth (w/ connector cable): 3.86"
- Total Depth (w/ connector cable): 4.36"
Lighting Controller Dimensions (not including wiring):
- Width: 7.96"
- Height: 1.88"
- Depth: 4.58"