About the Furrion FIVBDP10A
The power to go where you want
The power to go where you want
Whether you're heading off-road or off the grid, a reliable power inverter is an essential part of your gear collection. This Furrion power inverter is an easy-to-install solution for your DC to AC power inversion needs.
With 2500 watts of surge power and 1000 watts of continuous output, this inverter has the power to handle several household appliances and other electronics. An advanced micro-processor ensures a friendly user interface while the LED operation indicator lets you know it's working.
This inverter is tough and smart, with a built in transfer switch that boasts a transfer time of less than 20 milliseconds. You'll also appreciate the built-in temperature, voltage, and short-circuit protections.
- pure sine wave DC to AC power inverter
- ideal for RVs, campers, trucks, tractors, boats, and more
- powers many household appliances and other electronics
- 2500 watts of surge power and 1000 watts of continuous output
- built-in microprocessor
- built-in transfer switch
- low standby current
- built-in temperature, voltage, and short circuit protections
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FIVBDP10A
What's in the box:
- Inverter w/ attached 3' AC power cord (IEC 3-pin)
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Furrion FIVBDP10A
Overview: The Furrion FIVBDP10A 1000W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter is designed to efficiently invert 12VDC power, stored in batteries, to 110VAC power for powering consumer electronics in your mobile or off-grid living system. The inverter can output a 1000W of power continuously with 2500W of surge power.
- Input: Two set-screw input terminals, power and ground, provide
the connection from a 12VDC battery or power source, each accommodating 4
AWG wire. Furrion recommends using 4 AWG power and ground wire along with an
in-line 150A fuse (not included). The input side of the inverter also
includes a grounding lug with set-screw attachment. An 8 AWG wire (not
included) needs to be attached to this point and grounded on the other end.
- Note: The inverter requires approximately 100A of current during full working load. Any connected battery needs to be able to provide 100A continually and have at least 500 Cold Cranking Amps available.
- Output: A removable cover on one end of the inverter contains the
three 14 AWG output wires for attaching to your AC circuit - Black (hot),
White (neutral), and Green (ground). The cover includes a built-in conduit
clamp for feeding the output wires through and securing them in place.
- Note: Recreational vehicle installations require GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) protection. Please consult local and state electrical codes for any additional requirements.
- AC Bypass: An attached 3' AC power cord is provided that can be used to connect directly to AC power if available. When this is connected to AC power, a DC input bypass is automatically made internally, allowing the AC input power to pass directly to the connected output wires. When disconnected, the inverter will switch back to operating off of the DC power input.
- Remote Control Port: An RJ-45 jack is provided for an optional remote control (not included).
- Communication Port: An RJ-25 jack is provided for Furrion Communication to other Furrion devices.
Controls & Indicators:
- Power: On/Off toggle switch.
- Circuit Breaker: A built-in 15A circuit breaker is provided with push-button reset.
- LED Indicators: 4 LED indicators can provide the following
- Green: Indicates unit is operating normally.
- Green: A second green LED will light if the AC input bypass is activated.
- Yellow: Indicates the inverter is activated.
- Red: Indicates overloading, over temperature, low battery voltage, over battery voltage, or if there is an output short circuit.
- Over Temperature: If the internal temperature of the inverter is too high, the unit will automatically shut down. It will automatically restart after the temperature returns to a normal range.
- Low Battery: The inverter automatically shuts down if the input voltage drops below 10.5V. The red LED will light.
- Over Voltage: The inverter automatically shuts down if the input voltage exceeds 15.3V, and will light the corresponding red LED. Exceeding 16V can damage the inverter.
- Overload: Shuts the unit down if the continuous power draw exceeds the maximum output, and lights the red LED indicator.
- Short Circuit: Shuts the unit down if a short circuit is detected. Red LED will light.
Mounting: The base of the FIVBDP10A includes 4 screw-hole mounting points for installing it to a flat surface. The inverter can be mounted horizontally or can be mounted on a vertical surface as long as the ends are NOT facing straight up and down.
- Battery Voltage: 10.5-15VDC
- Output Voltage: 115VAC (±5V)
- Output Frequency: 60Hz (±1Hz)
- AC Bypass Input: 100-120VAC
- Output Waveform: Pure sine wave
- Continuous Output Power: 1000W
- Surge Output Power (2 seconds): 2500W
- Maximum Peak Efficiency: 88%
- Circuit Breaker: 15A
- Bypass Transfer Time: <20ms
- Transfer Relay Rating: 16A
- Operating Temperature: -22˚F - 158˚F
- Net Weight: 11.13 lbs.