About the Furrion Aurora® FDUP55CBS
Enjoy 4K outdoors
The Furrion Aurora FDUP55CBS lets you chill outside with a sharp 4K picture — it's a perfect excuse to bring people together.
Enjoy 4K outdoors
It's hard to stay indoors when the sky's blue and the sun's shining, but few things are as relaxing as sitting back to catch a movie or binge your favorite show. The Furrion Aurora FDUP55CBS lets you do both, so you can feel the breeze while watching TV in your backyard.
Furrion's Partial Sun TV has a bright screen designed for high-quality outdoor entertainment, delivering sharp 4K picture in areas that get some sun like a patio or deck. Color and contrast are also enhanced when watching HDR-encoded content, providing a rich, detailed viewing experience outdoors. This durable 55" TV is a great pick for anyone hosting a party or getting folks together for game night.
Built to withstand the elements
The FDUP55CBS is rugged and engineered to resist humidity, dirt, rain, and harsh UV rays. Its dust-tight housing keeps particles out and also prevents the local critter population from taking up residence. A sealable compartment encloses the rear-panel connections to protect them from the elements. Four built-in fans regulate the TV's temperature, allowing it to perform at full-capacity even when the thermometer spikes to 122° F. It can also handle extreme cold.
The Furrion Partial Sun 4K TV is designed to be permanently installed on an outdoor wall in a partially shaded area. Its anti-glare screen resists distracting reflections while ambient light sensors auto-adjust the brightness to keep your image clear. And a wide 178° viewing angle lets you enjoy 4K picture without worrying as much about getting the perfect seat.
- 4K TV designed for outdoor entertainment in partially shaded areas like a patio or backyard
- weatherproof (IP54) housing protects internal components from humidity, dust, and insects
- auto-brightness with ambient light sensor for optimal outdoor picture
- anti-glare screen supports a wide 178° viewing angle
- four built-in fans provide internal cooling
- operates in extreme temperatures: -4° to 122°F
- storage temperatures: -27.4°F to 140°F
- 55" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- 750-nit LCD display with edge-lit LED backlight
- 3 HDMI inputs
- all inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- component video input
- composite video and audio L/R inputs
- IR extension input (3.5mm stereo minijack)
- coaxial digital audio output
- RCA stereo audio output
- USB input for connecting a thumb drive or other device
General info and included accessories:
- built-in speakers (8 watts x 2)
- includes waterproof, dust-tight remote control (IP67 rating)
- tuner receives over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required)
- this TV does not come with a pedestal stand
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- 50-3/8"W x 29-3/4"H x 4-1/4"D
- weight: 60.63 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FDUP55CBS
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Furrion Aurora® FDUP55CBS
Features & specs
Waterproof Design (IP54): The Furrion Aurora Series TV is outdoor safe and can withstand harsh conditions when exposed to the elements. With a weatherproof housing and IP54 rating, the Furrion Aurora Series TV is engineered to withstand the harsh effects of UV rays, dirt, insects, and humidity (the TV is not waterproof).
- The IP54 rating means the TV is protected against dust ingress and splashing of water sufficient to prevent the television from operating normally, but it's not dust tight or waterproof.
- Do not use the TV if the ambient air temperature exceeds the operating temperature limits. -4º F to 122º F (Operating Temperature) / -27.4º F to 140º F (Storage Temperature).
- A weather proof dust cover (FVC43W-BL, sold separately) is available for when the Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV is not in use.
Partial Sun: The Furrion Outdoor TV gives you a perfect and optimized picture in partially sunny outdoor environments thanks to a high brightness, anti-glare screen with auto-brightness control that adjusts the light levels for optimum viewing.
- Anti-Glare Screen: The TV utilizes an anti-glare screen for better visibility outdoors in partial sun with a wide 178º viewing angle.
- High Brightness: The TV's ultra-bright, 750-nit screen delivers the perfect amount of brightness for partially sunny outdoor environments with a contrast ratio of 4000:1.
- Ambient Light Sensor: The TV's integrated ambient light sensor with auto-brightness control automatically changes the screen's lighting levels adjusting to bright and dark conditions for optimal viewing at all times.
Ultra-HD Performance: The 4K Ultra-High Definition screen delivers crystal clear images, while the HDR technology brings deep contrast and immersive colors.
- 4K/60Hz: The TV has a display resolution of 3840x2160 @ 60Hz (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides 4x higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before.
- HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhances the dynamic range of a picture, increasing the contrast between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. Every pixel is made more accurate, bringing scenes to life with greater detail. HDR's greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels brings greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
Note: The TV only supports HDR10. It is not compatible with HDR10+, HLG, or Dolby Vision.
AV Inputs: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV is equipped with three HDMI 2.0 inputs, one component video input and one composite video input.
- HDM 2.0: The TV is equipped with three HDMI 2.0 inputs that support 4K/HDR video, Dolby Digital audio, and CEC (consumer electronic control). The HDMI 1 input is also ARC (Audio Return Channel) compatible. In addition, the HDMI 3 input is MHL compatible.
- Component/Composite: The component and composite video inputs support 480i video only. The component and composite video inputs share a stereo RCA audio input, so only one of these analog video inputs are meant to be used.
Built-In TV Tuner: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV features a built-in NTSC (analog) and ATSC (digital) OTA TV tuner with single RF-coaxial input.
MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link): The HDMI 3 input is MHL compatible for connectivity to MHL-enabled Android devices. This allows you to mirror content from your MHL compatible Android mobile device on the outdoor TV through a wired HDMI connection. To find MHL-certified devices, go to www.mhlconsortium.org.
Dual USB Ports: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV is equipped with two USB-A 2.0 ports (5V/1A) that allow you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The TV supports playback of JPEG Photo and MP3 Music files from a connect USB MSC device.
Note: The USB ports do not support playback from an Apple iOS or Android device, a USB hub or card-reader, and a desktop computer or laptop.
Picture Settings: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV offers several Picture Settings to better suit your viewing needs, application, and content.
- Aspect Ratio: You can set the aspect ratio of the screen to better suit your viewing content. Select Zoom, Normal, Cinema or Wide.
- Picture Modes: You can select a preset Picture Mode. Choose from Standard, Dynamic, Mild, or User. The User mode allows you to manually adjust the TV's Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, Sharpness, Color Temperature, and Backlight.
- Noise Reduction: The Noise Reduction setting reduces the roughness of the picture. You can select Weak, Middle, Strong, or Off.
- DLC (Dynamic Level Contrast): DLC adjust the dynamic level contrast to better enhance light and dark images.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The HDMI 1 input's Audio Return Channel enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, and USB inputs can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. Analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
- Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI IN 1 port.
- If connecting a system that is incompatible Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via analog stereo RCA or coaxial digital is necessary.
Audio Outputs: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV is outfitted with both analog and digital audio outputs. There is a stereo RCA output and a coaxial digital audio output. The coaxial digital audio output supports 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1ch.
Stereo Speaker System: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV is equipped with a stereo speaker system (8 watts x 2 channel). The built-in speaker system offerers Bass, Treble, and balance adjustment. It also offers an Auto Volume Leveler and 4 Sound Modes (Music, Movie, Sport, or Off).
Note: For a more immersive entertainment experience, add-on Furrion's FSBNN30MSS outdoor powered soundbar (sold separately).
Waterproof Remote (IP67): The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV comes with an IP67 waterproof remote control that provides full wireless operation of the television. The remote control is IR (infrared) and requires direct line of sight to the TV's front-panel IR sensor; it has a wireless range of approximately 30'. The remote is powered by a single CR2025V battery. The TV also supports HDMI CEC, Programming, and an IR extender (sold separately).
- HDMI CEC: Thanks to support of HDMI CEC, the TV's remote control can be used to operate connected HDMI CEC source devices.
- Programming: You can also program cable and satellite remote controls' to operate the Furrion TV. When programming your cable or satellite universal remote control, you may find that Furrion may not be on the list of TV manufacturers. If that is the case, the Furrion Aurora Outdoor TV supports LG's universal remote code (see Owner's Manual).
- IR Input: The 3.5mm IR input allows you to extend the reach of the TV and remote's IR signal when used with an IR extender (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: The remote's IP67 rating means the remote control is fully protected against dust and can be immersed in water for a maximum of 30 minutes at a depth of 0.5' to 3.3'.
Optional Wall-Mount Bracket: The Furrion Aurora Outdoor TV can be wall-mounted using a Furrion outdoor bracket or other brand of outdoor bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The TV features a VESA 400x400 mounting pattern with M6 threaded inserts. Wall-mount adapters are also included.
- The TV is weather resistant, but not waterproof. It must be installed away from any water source at a safe distance.
- For best viewing, install the TV in a shaded environment. Avoid installing the TV where the screen is facing direct sunlight. The ideal location is in one place where the TV is shaded by structures, or under a patio cover or gazebo.
- If the sun shines directly on the screen for long periods of time, dark areas may appear on the screen. This is a normal reaction for the LCD panel, and will not cause damage to the screen. Either turn the screen away from the sun, or shade the TV, and the dark areas will soon disappear.
Note: The Furrion Aurora Series Outdoor TV does not come with a pedestal stand and does not offer an option for a pedestal stand.
Cable Management: All of the TV's inputs and output connectors are protected and hidden behind a rear-panel door. Your AV and power cables will feed through the bottom opening integrated into the door assembly Thumbscrews secure the door in place.
Note: If a media streaming stick (sold separately) is connected and stays inside the rear cable compartment, the WiFi signal will be reduced when passing through the closed cable door.
Attached AC Power Cord: Connect the TV's attached AC power cord to a GFCI protected AC outlet with an "in-use" waterproof cover.
- The TV and GFCI receptacle must be installed away from any water source at a safe distance. Be sure to check local electrical codes and comply with their local standards.
- Do not connect power cord during cable connecting and TV installation. Make sure the power cord is the last thing connected.
Auto On/Off + Sleep Timer: The TV can be set to automatically turn on when a connected HDMI-CEC device is turned on. The TV will automatically shut down when there is no audio/video signal for several minutes. You can also use the Sleep Timer to automatically turn the TV off after 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes.