About the Furrion Aurora® FDUF50CSA
Watch 4K in the shade
The Furrion Aurora FDUF50CSA offers built-in Wi-Fi for easy video streaming.
Watch 4K in the shade
The Furrion Aurora FDUF50CSA is a full-shade outdoor TV designed to deliver a crisp 4K picture in shaded areas like a covered patio, screened porch, or garage. This 50" TV gives you the perfect excuse to get friends and family together for a little barbecue on game night.
The TV's built-in Wi-Fi lets you stream your latest binge-worthy obsession on services like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video — all while a cool breeze rustles your hair. And it supports HDR10 content so you can enjoy a rich, detailed viewing experience even when you're outside.
Built to withstand the elements
The FDUF50CSA is rugged and engineered to resist humidity, dirt, rain, and harsh UV rays. Its dust-tight housing keeps particles out and also prevents the local critter population from taking up residence. A sealable compartment encloses the rear-panel connections to protect them from the elements.
Built-in fans help the TV play without a hitch even when the thermometer spikes to 122°F. And it can handle the cold all the way down to -4°F.
- 4K TV designed for outdoor entertainment in shaded areas like a covered patio or screened gazebo
- weatherproof (IP54) housing protects internal components from humidity, dust, and insects
- auto-brightness with ambient light sensor for optimal outdoor picture
- anti-glare screen supports a wide 178° viewing angle
- four built-in fans provide internal cooling
- operates in extreme temperatures: -4° to 122°F
- storage temperatures: -27.4°F to 140°F
- 49.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- 400-nit LCD display with edge-lit LED backlight
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, and YouTube (requires internet speed of at least 25Mbps, and may require a subscription)
- built-in Wi-Fi (802.11ac) for fast, reliable wireless streaming
- RangeXtend™ external antennas for a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Bluetooth® 5.0 wireless audio streaming to a compatible speaker or set of headphones
- wirelessly pair with a Furrion outdoor sound bar (sold separately)
- 3 HDMI 2.0 inputs
- all inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- to view 4K and HDR content from connected sources, use a high-bandwidth HDMI cable
- supports ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- composite video and audio L/R inputs
- 3.5mm minijack audio output
- Ethernet port for the fastest, most secure internet connection
- 2 USB inputs for connecting a thumb drive or other device
General info and included accessories:
- built-in speakers (8 watts x 2)
- includes waterproof, dust-tight remote control (IP67 rating)
- tuner receives over-the-air broadcasts (antenna required)
- this TV does not come with a pedestal stand
- wall-mountable (bracket not included)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 200mm x 400mm
- works with Furrion all-weather mounts (sold separately)
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 44-1/2"W x 26-1/2"H x 4-1/4"D
- weight: 42.9 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # FDUF50CSA
What's in the box:
Furrion Aurora® FDUF50CSA owner's manual
- Outdoor LED-LCD TV
- Remote control
- Silicone remote case
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- Four M6 screws
- 4 Wall-mount adapters
- 3 WiFi antennas
- 58" Composite video/stereo RCA cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instrutions
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Furrion Aurora® FDUF50CSA
Features & specs
Network & USB Integration
Remote & Convenience Features
Outdoor & Mounting Options
Waterproof Design (IP54): The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is outdoor safe and can withstand harsh conditions when exposed to the elements. With a weatherproof housing and IP54 rating, the Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is engineered to withstand the harsh effects of UV rays, dirt, insects, and humidity (the TV is not waterproof).
- The IP54 rating means the TV is protected against dust ingress and splashing of water sufficient to prevent the television from operating normally, but it's not dust tight or waterproof.
- Four built-in fans provide internal cooling. Do not use the TV if the ambient air temperature exceeds the operating temperature limits. -4º F to 122º F (Operating Temperature) / -27.4º F to 140º F (Storage Temperature).
- A weather proof dust cover (sold separately) is available for when the Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is not in use.
Full Shade: The Furrion Outdoor TV gives you a perfect and optimized picture in fully shaded outdoor environments thanks to a high brightness, anti-glare screen with auto-brightness control that adjusts the light levels for optimum viewing.
- Anti-Glare Screen: The TV utilizes an anti-glare screen for better visibility outdoors in full shade with a wide 178º viewing angle.
- High Brightness: The TV's ultra-bright, 400-nit screen delivers the perfect amount of brightness for fully shaded outdoor environments with a contrast ratio of 4000:1.
- Ambient Light Sensor: The TV's integrated ambient light sensor with auto-brightness control automatically changes the screen's lighting levels adjusting to bright and dark conditions for optimal viewing at all times.
Optional Wall-Mount Bracket: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV can be wall-mounted using a Furrion outdoor bracket or other brand of outdoor bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). The TV features a VESA 200x400 mounting pattern with M6 threaded inserts. Wall-mount adapters are also included.
- The TV is weather resistant, but not waterproof. It must be installed away from any water source at a safe distance.
- For best viewing, install the TV in a shaded environment. Avoid installing the TV where the screen is facing direct sunlight. The ideal location is in one place where the TV is shaded by structures, or under a patio cover or gazebo.
- If the sun shines directly on the screen for long periods of time, dark areas may appear on the screen. This is a normal reaction for the LCD panel, and will not cause damage to the screen. Either turn the screen away from the sun, or shade the TV, and the dark areas will soon disappear.
Note: The Furrion outdoor TV does not come with a pedestal stand and does not offer an option for a pedestal stand.
Cable Management: All of the TV's inputs and output connectors are protected and hidden behind a rear-panel door. Your AV and power cables will feed through the bottom opening integrated into the door assembly. Thumbscrews secure the door in place.
Attached AC Power Cord: Connect the TV's attached 7' AC power cord to a GFCI protected AC outlet with an "in-use" waterproof cover.
- The TV and GFCI receptacle must be installed away from any water source at a safe distance. Be sure to check local electrical codes and comply with their local standards.
- Do not connect power cord during cable connecting and TV installation. Make sure the power cord is the last thing connected.
Ultra-HD Performance: The 4K Ultra-High Definition screen delivers crystal clear images, while the HDR technology brings deep contrast and immersive colors.
- 4K/60Hz: The TV has a display resolution of 3840x2160 @ 60Hz (4K) and will display all video at that resolution through its built-in upscaler, regardless of input signal. 4K provides 4x higher resolution than current 1080p high-definition TVs with a total of 8.3 million pixels. Its detail is so vivid and crisp, even when viewed from close distances; it's nearly impossible to discern a single pixel, even from inches away. Enjoy incredibly flawless images, vivid colors, and picture details as never before.
- HDR: High Dynamic Range (HDR) enhances the dynamic range of a picture, increasing the contrast between the brightest whites and darkest blacks. Every pixel is made more accurate, bringing scenes to life with greater detail. HDR's greater dynamic range of luminosity or brightness levels brings greater contrast & wider color spectrum to the screen. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
Note: The TV only supports HDR10. It is not compatible with HDR10+, HLG, or Dolby Vision.
Motion Enhancements: TruMotion technololgy enhances the TV's 60Hz native refresh rate to reduce blur and yield crisper details, even during the most high-action sequences - from sports to action movies. The TV's Instant Game Response Mode provides even faster response speeds for first-person gaming. There is also a Real Cinema feature that makes video clips recorded in a movie or film look more natural by eliminating judder effect. In addition, an Eye Comfort Mode automatically adjusts brightness and reduces image blur based on image data to reduce eye strain.
AV Inputs: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is equipped with three HDMI 2.0 inputs and one composite video/stereo RCA input.
- HDM 2.0: The TV is equipped with three HDMI 2.0 inputs that support 4K/HDR video, Dolby Digital audio, and CEC (consumer electronic control). The HDMI 2 input is also ARC (Audio Return Channel) compatible.
- Composite: The TV also features an analog composite video input and analog stereo RCA input. The composite video input support 480i video only.
Built-In TV Tuner: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV features a built-in NTSC (analog) and ATSC (digital) OTA TV tuner with single RF-coaxial input.
Picture Settings: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV offers several Picture Settings to better suit your viewing needs, application, and content. Picture Settings can be adjusted for each video input or for all video inputs.
- Picture Size: You can select a different aspect ratio depending on input source (analog broadcasting, digital broadcasting, video input). Select from Original, 16:9, 4:3, Vertical Zoom, or 4-Way Zoom.
- Picture Modes: You can select the picture mode that is best suited to your viewing environment, preferences or video type. Select Vivid, Cinema, Sports, or APS (Auto Power Save). The APS mode is an Energy Saver mode that automatically changes the TV's picture brightness based on ambient light conditions to reduce power consumption.
- Manual Picture Settings: You can also manually adjust the TV's Backlight, Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color , Tint, and Color Temperature.
- Advanced Picture Settings: In addition, the TV provides advanced picture settings such as Dynamic Color, Dynamic Contrast, Noise Reduction, Black Level, Gamma, and HD Deep Color.
Stereo Speaker System: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is equipped with a stereo speaker system (8 watts x 2 channel), and offers the following audio adjustments.
- Sound Presets: You can choose from the following Sound Presets - Standard, Cinema, Clear Voice, Sports, Music, and Game. Clear Voice automatically detects human voices in movies and TV shows, then increases their volume to ensure that the dialog doesn't get lost in the soundtrack. You can make the voice clearer by adjusting to one of the three clarity levels
- Equalizer: You can also adjust and fine-tune the TV's sound manually by using its built-in, 5-band EQ (100Hz, 300Hz, 1khz, 3khz, 10kHz).
- Ultra Surround: Ultra Surround delivers a virtual surround sound experience with just the TV's stereo speaker system.
- Auto Volume: You can set the TV's volume to automatically adjust for different broadcasting stations, so you can always listen to channels at the desired volume, even after switching the channels.
- AV Sync: If the video and sound of the television are not synced, you can adjust the delay of the audio output to match the video.
Note: For a more immersive entertainment experience, add-on Furrion's outdoor active soundbar (sold separately).
Audio Connections: In addition to its built-in stereo speaker system, the TV supports HDMI ARC via its HDMI 2 input, features both analog & digital audio outputs, plus offers Bluetooth audio streaming to a set of Bluetooth-enabled headphones or speakers.
- ARC (Audio Return Channel): The HDMI 2 input's Audio Return Channel enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input. The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, and USB inputs can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM. Analog connected devices will be output as 2ch PCM only.
- Audio Outputs: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is outfitted with both analog and digital audio outputs. There is a stereo minijack (3.5mm) output that can be used as a line-level output or headphone jack. The optical (toslink) digital audio output supports 2ch PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1ch.
- Bluetooth Audio Transmitter: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV features built-in Bluetooth 5.0 that allows audio from the television to be wirelessly sent to a Bluetooth-enabled headphone, speaker, or soundbar. When using the TV's Bluetooth transmitter, the television's other audio outputs (analog, digital, HDMI ARC) and the built-in speakers are muted. *The TV does not receive wireless Bluetooth audio transmission; it can only wirelessly transmit Bluetooth audio
- The TV's built-in speaker system and analog audio output or optical digital output can be used at the same time. However, the analog audio output and optical digital output cannot be used at the same time.
- When using the TV's HDMI ARC function, all other audio outputs (including Bluetooth) and the TV's built-in speaker system are muted.
- When using Bluetooth, all other audio outputs (including analog, digital, HDMI) and the TV's built-in speaker system are muted.
Network & USB Integration
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Furrion outdoor TV supports a wired or wireless network connection via its Ethernet jack or built-in WiFi. Via the TV's network connection and your internet provider, you can enjoy select online entertainment services. You can also access music, video, and still-image files stored on your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- Built-in WiFi: The TV offers built-in dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11ac) and features 3 "RangeXtend" external antennas that allows you to wirelessly access the Internet and your home network. The TV's built-in WiFi provides a wireless network connection for the television with easy and quick setup. With this feature, you can easily connect to a wireless LAN and enjoy the benefits of networking in a cable-free environment. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security; a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N or better router is recommended for 4K streaming.
- Ethernet Jack: The TV is equipped with an Ethernet (LAN) RJ-45 jack for connecting the television to your home network and computer.
Note: A home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps is recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
WebOS Smart TV Apps: The Furrion outdoor television features LG's WebOS Smart TV Platform for access to a variety of online entertainment services and content directly on the TV through its network connection and your internet provider. You can quickly and conveniently browse for TV Shows, Movies, and more. You can also download and use apps from various categories such as entertainment, lifestyle, news, education, sports, and games. Click here for the latest compatible apps (subscriptions & fees may apply for some online services and content). Below is a list of some of the most popular apps from LG Smart TV Apps.
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch online movie & TV show providers from Amazon Video, HBO Max, Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, Peacock TV, ShowTime, Vudu, and more. You'll also be able to watch live TV broadcasts from Hulu Live, Sling TV and YouTubeTV.
- For The Kids: Get access to YouTube Kids and more for your children and the young at heart.
- Music & Radio: You can listen to online music and internet radio from Heart Radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, and more.
- Gaming: You will have access to a library of fun online games USB-enabled or Bluetooth-enabled gamepad is required and sold separately
- News, Weather & Sports: Enjoy news, weather, & sports from CBS News, AccuWeather, CBS Sports, and more.
LG Channel Plus: LG Channel Plus (powered by XUMO) offers 100 free streaming channels sports, news, entertainment, and lifestyle programming (including NBC and CBS News, PBS Digital Studios, Sports Illustrated, Fox Sports, and more). LG Channel Plus features a handy on-screen guide which is integrated into the TV's over-the-air TV channel guide for easy, seamless access.
DLNA + Plex Content Sharing: DLNA & Plex compatibility lets you stream select video, photo, and audio files stored on your computer to the TV over your home's WiFi network. DLNA is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and other DLNA network devices and servers. You will also need to download the SmartShare software on your compatible Windows PC. Plex Media Server software is supported by Windows (7, 8, 8.1, or 10) and Mac (OSX 10.9 or newer).
Web Browser: The Furrion Outdoor Smart TV features a built-in web browser that lets you search the Internet for a particular website by URL or keyword searches. The web browser supports only HTML5 media and not Flash Plug-in. The web browser only replays the following media file formats - JPEG/PNG/GIF. Not all websites will be available for download, because of size and content.
Dual USB Ports: The Furrion Aurora Full-Shade Smart TV is equipped with two USB-A 2.0 ports (5V/1A) that allow you to connect a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The TV supports playback of JPEG Photo and MP3 Music files from a connect USB MSC device.
Note: The USB ports do not support playback from an Apple iOS or Android device, a USB hub or card-reader, and a desktop computer or laptop.
Remote & Convenience Features
IR Remote: The included remote control is IR (infrared) and requires direct line of sight to the TV's front-panel IR sensor. The remote even includes dedicated push-buttons to access Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. The TV also supports HDMI CEC and Programming.
- HDMI CEC: Thanks to support of HDMI CEC, the TV's remote control can be used to operate connected HDMI CEC source devices.
- Programming: You can also program cable and satellite remote controls' to operate the Furrion TV. When programming your cable or satellite universal remote control, you may find that Furrion may not be on the list of TV manufacturers. If that is the case, the Furrion Aurora Partial-Sun Smart TV supports LG's universal remote code (see Owner's Manual).
Note: The remote comes with a silicone case to help protect it outdoors.
LG ThinQ App: The LG ThinQ App (for Android OS 7.0+ & Apple iOS 12.0+) allows you to control the Furrion TV and compatible smarthome devices from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device. You can also share the screen of your Apple iOS or Android OS on the TV using the LG ThinQ App. The TV and your compatible Android or Apple iOS device must be connected to the same WiFi network.
- TV Control: The LG ThinQ App lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote control for the TV. You'll be able to change channels, select inputs, search online apps, control the volume, adjust menu settings, and more.
- Smart Home Control: The LG ThinQ App also gives you control over LG ThinQ smart home devices and appliances from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device. From the ThinQ app on your mobile device you can control and see the status of your compatible LG Washer & Dryer, Air Conditioner, or robot vacuum.
- Screen Share: Screen Share is integrated into the LG ThinQ App, allowing you to view the screen of your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device on the Furrion outdoor TV screen.
Amazon Alexa: Amazon Alexa can also be used operate the Furrion outdoor TV through the Alexa App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 6.0+), the LG ThinQ App (for Android OS 7.0+ & Apple iOS 12.0+), and external Amazon Alexa enabled speakers (such ast the Echo, Dot, or Show - all sold separately). Alexa can be accessed by pressing the mic button within the LG ThinQ or Alexa app and talking into your compatible mobile device's microphone. Alexa can also be accessed by simply speaking into farfield mic of your Amazon Alexa enabled smart speaker. You'll be able to control live TV, internet apps, web browser, input selection, volume control, and certain menu settings with Alexa and your voice.
- The Furrion TV is not equipped with a built-in microphone and there is no built-in mic on the remote. The Alexa App, LG ThinQ App, or external Amazon Alexa enabled speaker (sold separately) is required for Alexa voice control.
- The TV will need to be connected to your home's network and internet provider to utilize Alexa voice control.
- You will need to agree to Amazon's privacy statement to enable voice assistant control.
Energy Saving Feature: The Energy Saving feature helps to save electric power by adjusting the screen brightness; you can select from six modes - Auto (based on ambient room conditions), Minimum, Medium, Maximum, Screen Off, or Off.
On/Off & Sleep Timers: You can program the television to turn On and turn Off at a certain time. You can set the On and Off timer to Daily, Mon-Fri, Mon-Sat, Sat-Sun, or Once. You can also set the input, channel, and volume level for the On Timer. If you do not press any button within 2 hours after the TV turns on with the On Timer, the TV will automatically revert back to standby mode. The Sleep Timer turns the TV off at the preset time (10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes).