About the Scanstrut DS16-S
Seals with style
Seals with style
Using marine-rated cable is a must for your boat's stereo system, but you also need watertight installation for your antenna and navigation light cables. This Scanstrut cable seal is easy to install, impact-resistant, and looks great. This cable seal is designed for connectors up to .63" (16mm) and cables from 0.08"-0.35" (2-8mm), and you'll find three different models to choose from.
With a tapered bung and a closed-cell base seal, these dome-shaped seals are rugged and water-resistant. Captive nuts make assembly easy and they can be used for repeat installations. The package includes pre-drilled and blank inner seals to make every installation easier.
You can choose from rugged gray or white plastic, or opt for the durable, classic look of 316 stainless steel.
- provides a watertight seal for marine antenna and navigation light cables
- for connectors up to .63" (16mm) and cables from 0.08"-0.35" (2-8mm)
- tapered bung and closed-cell base seal
- designed for easy installation
- three styles to choose from
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DS16-S
What's in the box:
- Outer shell (stainless steel)
- Base gasket w/3M adhesive
- 4 Bungs (solid / 0.07"-0.11" / 0.15"-0.19" / 0.23"-0.31")
- Three 10mm machine-screws
- Three 20mm counter-sunk screws
- Instructions on packaging
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Scanstrut DS16-S
Overview: The Scanstrut DS16-S can provide a water-tight seal for vertical cable runs in your boat or watercraft. The DS16-S includes a tapered dome-shaped shell, made of stainless steel, and 4 rubber bungs - 3 with pre-drilled holes, and one solid that can be drilled to size. Each rubber bung is tapered to provide an IP68 watertight seal when the shell is tightened down over it.
Cable Seals: Four rubber bungs are provided for sealing the cable entry; one solid bung, that can be drilled to the required wire size, and three additional bungs that have been pre-drilled for: 0.07"-0.11", 0.15"-0.19", and 0.23"-0.31". The pre-drilled bungs are split down one side, letting you fit them around a cable without having to fit the cable connector through. The DS16-S can accommodate wire ranging from 0.08" - 0.35" in diameter.