About the Scanstrut DS40-S
Seals with style
Seals with style
Using marine-rated cable is a must for your boat's stereo system, but you also need watertight installation for your antenna and nav light cables. This Scanstrut cable seal is easy to install, impact-resistant, and looks great. It's designed for connectors up to 1.57" and cables from 0.47"-0.59". The base measures 2.6" (66mm) and there are three looks to choose from.
With a tapered bung and a closed-cell base seal, these dome-shaped seals are rugged and water-resistant. Captive nuts make assembly easy and they can be used for repeat installations. The package includes pre-drilled and blank inner seals to make every installation easier.
You can choose gray or white plastic, or opt for the durable, classic look of 316 stainless steel.
- designed to provide a watertight seal for marine cables
- for connectors up to 1.57" (40mm) and cables from 0.47"-0.59" (12-15mm)
- 2.6" (66mm) base
- tapered bung and closed-cell base seal
- ideal for antenna and navigation light cables
- designed for easy installation
- three styles to choose from
- IP68 tested and approved
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DS40-S
What's in the box:
- Outer shell (stainless steel)
- Base gasket w/3M adhesive
- 2 Bungs (solid and 0.47"-0.59")
- Three 10mm machine-screws
- Three 20mm counter-sunk screws
- Instructions on packaging
Scanstrut DS40-S reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Scanstrut DS40-S
Overview: The Scanstrut DS40-S can provide a water-tight seal for vertical cable runs in your boat or watercraft. The DS40-S includes a tapered dome-shaped shell, made of stainless steel, and 2 rubber bungs - 1 pre-drilled, and one solid that can be drilled to size. Each rubber bung is tapered to provide an IP68 watertight seal when the shell is tightened down over it.
Cable Seals: Two rubber bungs are provided for sealing the cable entry; one solid bung, that can be drilled to the required wire size, and one that has been pre-drilled to accommodate wire between 0.47"-0.59" in diameter. The pre-drilled bung is split down one side, letting you fit it around a cable without having to fit the cable connector through.