About the HyperX Cloud II
High-quality gaming sound
High-quality gaming sound
Going wired is often the best way to ensure uncompromised audio, free of lag or interference. The HyperX Cloud II provides the reliability of a wired connection with rich, detailed sound that helps your games come alive. The headset's closed-back, over-the-ear design keeps out distracting noise, helping you focus and immerse yourself in the action onscreen. These headphones look as sharp as they sound too, with striking red and black that really catch the eye.
Long-lasting, customizable comfort
If you're going to play for long sessions or need headphones for remote work or online courses, the Cloud II are a great pick. They're lightweight and comfortable, with a soft memory foam headband and earpads that fit snugly and securely without weighing down your head or clamping down like a vice. The aluminum frame is flexible and durable, designed to withstand consistent use.
The earcups are also interchangeable with two different sets in the box: leatherette and velour. The leatherette earcups help improve noise isolation and bass extension, while the velour earcups open up your soundstage and are breathable to keep your ears cooler over time.
Keep your competitive edge
When I'm running around the Dark Zone in the The Division 2, the last thing I want is to be caught unawares while searching for sweet loot. The rat-a-tat of bullets around the corner can tip me off to the location of another team, letting me bypass them entirely or lie in wait myself.
The Cloud II delivers accurate sound directionality that pulls you into the game and improves your situational awareness. That makes it easy to place audio cues in the game world, keeping you on your toes (or fingers, I suppose).
Works with about everything
The Cloud II headset uses a simple stereo minijack connection. This lets them hook right into your PC, most mobile devices, and the vast majority of gaming controllers on the market. They'll plug right into current and next-gen PlayStation and Xbox controllers, and most pro-style Nintendo Switch controllers. If you play video games, chances are you'll be able to take advantage of the Cloud II.
Enhanced control and sound for PC and Mac
An advanced USB control box comes with the headphones for use with PC and Mac. You can use the box to independently control the volume of your audio and microphone, letting you quickly make adjustments on the fly.
A built-in DSP (Digital Sound Processor) sound card increases the level of detail to help you distinguish subtle cues like the soft shuffle of sneaking footsteps. With the press of a button, you can also activate 7.1 surround sound, giving you added depth and directionality. Those cues then become easier to place in the environment, so you can pinpoint those footsteps faster.
Who are HyperX?
HyperX is a top-selling brand for high-performance gaming accessories, from headsets and keyboards to mouse pads. Their equipment is designed with gamers in mind first and foremost, and is widely used in the eSports arena, where reliable equipment can quickly make a world of difference. HyperX is involved with every level of the community. They're key sponsors for events like DreamHack and support everyone from your average gamer looking for quality gear to competitive icons like Daigo Umehara, whose seemingly impossible string of parries during Evo Moment #37 was a watershed moment for eSports.
- over-ear, closed-back design provides noise isolation so you can focus on the game
- large 53mm drivers with neodymium magnets deliver clear, dynamic sound
- lightweight, durable aluminum frame
- flexible, detachable boom mic with noise cancellation
- TeamSpeak and Discord certified for dependable voice chat
- soft memory foam earpads and headband for long-lasting comfort
- detachable earcups that can be swapped out to customize your headphones
- leatherette earcups reinforce noise isolation and provide more powerful bass
- velour earcups improve soundstage and are breathable to keep your ears cool
- advanced USB audio control box (compatible with PC and Mac only)
- built-in DSP (Digital Sound Processor) delivers improved sound performance
- activate Dolby® 7.1 virtual surround sound with the press of a button for enhanced sound directionality and immersion
- independent controls for headset audio and mic volume
- stereo minijack connection compatible with PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Mac
General info and included accessories:
- 3.2-foot detachable cable terminated with a 3.5mm miniplug
- 6.5-foot extension cable
- two-pin airplane headphone adapter
- frequency response: 15-25,000 Hz
- SPL (sound pressure level): 98 ±3dB
- THD (total harmonic distortion): <2%
- impedance: 60 ohms
- weight: 9.7 oz. (with mic)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KHX-HSCP-RD
What's in the box:
- Over-ear gaming headphones with attached 42" audio cable (straight 3.5mm plug)
- Pair of velour ear cushions
- Plug-in microphone on 5" adjustable boom (3.5mm plug)
- USB control box with 80" cable (Type A USB plug)
- Mesh storage bag
- Quick Start Guide
- Support card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the HyperX Cloud II
Overview: The HyperX Cloud II gaming headset (KHX-HSCP-RD) is built for durability and comfort. The headphones feature solid aluminum construction with a leatherette-covered, memory foam headband. The closed-back ear cup design keeps sound leakage to a minimum and attenuates ambient noise by 20dB so you can insert yourself into your gaming environment without outside distractions. Interchangeable ear cup pads are provided, along with a plug-in microphone and a USB control box. Cloud II supports PS4, Xbox One, PC, and mobile gaming platforms. When you're not gaming, the Cloud II headset is ideal for online education or work-from-home situations.
Construction: The over-ear Cloud II headset features 53mm dynamic drivers with neodymium magnets for rich, powerful sounds from your game. The aluminum frame that is flexible enough to work with various head sizes. Two pairs of ear cup pads are included, so you can choose between leatherette for a better acoustic seal or soft, cool velour. The attached 42" cable has a straight 3.5mm plug for use with your mobile device (phone or tablet).
Microphone: The included plug-in microphone is mounted on a 5" adjustable gooseneck boom. The noise-cancelling condenser microphone has a cardioid pattern that rejects off-axis sounds. The stereo microphone plugs directly into the left ear cup via its 3.5mm plug.
Control Box: The Control Box lets you separately control the game volume and the voice volume. It also has a button for toggling between 2-channel stereo and virtual 7.1-channel surround sound effect output. The included Control Box has an 80" cord with a female 3.5mm jack (for headset) and a USB Type A plug.
Virtual 7.1: The Cloud II features Virtual 7.1 Surround Sound for improved positional audio and an expanded sense of space. You can switch it on using the Control Box to put yourself inside the game. You may need to set "HyperX 7.1 Audio" as the default audio device in your Windows or Mac control panel menu.
Compatible Platforms: The HyperX Cloud II headset works with multiple platforms, including PlayStation 4 (PS4), Xbox One, or Mobile Device (Phone or Tablet). For Xbox One, you will need the Xbox One adapter (sold separately) that plugs into the Xbox One controller, and the Cloud II control box is not needed.
- Frequency Response: 15Hz - 25kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 60Ω
- Nominal SPL: 98dB (±3dB)
- THD: < 2%
- Power Handling Capacity: 150mW
- Ambient Noise Attenuation: approx. 20dBa
- Headband Pressure: 5N
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 18kHz
- Capsule Diameter: 6mm
- Microphone Output: -39 (±3dB)
- Maximum SPL: 105dB (1kHz, THD </=1.0%)
- Supply Voltage: 2V
- Current Consumption: max 0.5mA
- Maximum SPL: 105dB (1kHz, THD </=1.0%)
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- Outside: Width 3.353", Height 4.18", Depth 1.977"
- Inside: Width 1.703", Height 2.57", Depth 0.75"
- Weight: 9.7 ounces