About the HyperX QuadCast S
Stream or record in style
The HyperX QuadCast S makes it easy to capture crisp recordings and just looks straight-up cool.
Stream or record in style
The HyperX QuadCast S microphone offers precise, high-quality audio capture and a sharp-looking design with cool LED lighting effects. It's perfect for streamers and gaming content creators, but it's also a great pick podcasters or really anyone looking to record from their home.
Keeping it simple
With a USB connection and easy-to-use controls built right onto the mic, getting started is painless. You can plug in a pair of headphones to monitor your voice, then twist the bottom of the mic to tinker with your mic's sensitivity until it's just right.
If you tap the top of the mic to mute yourself, you'll notice the LED light turns off. Tap it again to go live, and the light will flare back up, giving you immediate visual feedback. No more worrying about accidentally leaving yourself muted after taking a quick drink and missing that great take.
The shock mount keeps accidental "bumps" from sneaking their way into your recording, and there's even a built-in pop filter to tone down those harsh "Ps" and "Bs." As a former theatre kid who talks with their hands and can't stop projecting like I'm on stage, this one's a must for me.
A dial on the front of the mic can be used to adjust the coverage pattern of your recording. This lets you optimize the mic and focus on recording from specific areas based on your needs for different projects. There are four polar patterns:
- Stereo (front, left, and right) for vocals and instruments
- Omnidirectional (full 360°) for conference calls and podcasts with multiple speakers
- Cardioid (front only) for podcasts, streams, voiceovers, and instruments
- Bi-directional (front, rear) for face-to-face recordings with two participants, like an interview
Let there be light
The QuadCast S has a full-color LED with two separate lighting zones. These zones can be adjusted with NGENUITY software to illuminate your recording space with a snazzy, personalized lightshow. You can use the lighting to match your mood or what you're playing at the time. It's an especially cool touch and will help you stand out with viewers if you're streaming or creating video content. You could bask in deep, dark red while battling the forces of evil in Diablo II, or mix it up with a light, cool blue when exploring the stars in No Man's Sky. You're call. Either way, you'll be gaming and streaming in style.
The QuadCast S uses a USB connection that will hook right into a PC or Mac, but will just as easily link up with a PS4 or PS5. It also works with streaming platforms like Streamlabs OBS, OBS Studio, and XSplit. And a mount adapter is included in the box with 3/8" and 5/8" threads that will fit most mic stands and boom arms. If you're looking to enter into the world of streaming or gaming content creation, chances are you'll be able to take advantage of the QuadCast S.
Who are HyperX?
HyperX is a top-selling brand for high-performance gaming accessories, from headsets and keyboards to mouse pads. Their equipment is designed with gamers in mind first and foremost, and is widely used in the eSports arena, where reliable equipment can quickly make a world of difference. HyperX is involved with every level of the community. They're key sponsors for events like DreamHack and support everyone from your average gamer looking for quality gear to competitive icons like Daigo Umehara, whose seemingly impossible string of parries during Evo Moment #37 was a watershed moment for eSports.
- standalone microphone for gaming, streaming, voice recording, and podcasting
- powers up and connects via USB
- three 14mm built-in condensers
- anti-vibration shock mount isolates the mic with elastic suspension
- built-in pop filter tones down distracting plosives
- tap-to-mute button with LED indicator for mic status
- personalize your microphone with custom lighting effects using HyperX NGENUITY software for Windows
- simple dial lets you adjust your coverage patterns to optimize the mic for different applications
- four polar patterns: stereo, omnidirectional, cardioid, and bidirectional
- twist a gain control dial at the bottom of the mic to adjust input sensitivity
- monitor your voice using the 3.5mm headphone jack on the back of the mic
- TeamSpeak and Discord certified for clear communication
General info and included accessories:
- 9.8-foot USB-A to USB-C cable
- included mount adapter with 3/8" and 5/8" threads fits most mic stands
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: -36 dB (1V/Pa @ 1 kHz)
- recording resolution: 16-bit/48kHz
- compatible with PS4, PS5, PC, and Mac
- works with Streamlabs OBS, OBS Studio, and XSplit
- weight: 8.96 oz. (mic); 25 oz. (stand, mount, and cable included)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HMIQ1S-XX-RG/G
What's in the box:
- USB Microphone with built-in shock mount and adjustable stand
- Stand adapter
- 116" USB cable (type-A on one end / type-C on other end)
- Quickstart guide
- Support information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the HyperX QuadCast S
USB Microphone: The HyperX QuadCast S microphone is a USB connected condenser microphone that plugs directly into your computer. The QuadCast S uses tri-capsule technology, incorporating 3 condenser capsules specifically arranged to provide optimal recording in most any situation. The QuadCast S can produce pristine, studio-quality recordings and streams in 48kHz/16-bit resolution. The HyperX microphone simplifies recording by plugging directly into your PC, MAC, PS4, or PS5 for podcasting, live-streaming, gaming, and more.
Polar Patterns: The microphone features 4 polar patterns, selectable from a built-in dial on the mic body. Patterns include:
- Cardioid: Front-facing pickup for single-person speech and vocals.
- Bidirectional (Figure-8): Front and rear pickup. Ideal for interviews with two people face to face.
- Stereo: Provides stereo pickup from the front and sides. Ideal for instruments or vocals.
- Omnidirectional: This provides stereo pickup from all sides and is ideal for multi-person podcasts and conference calls.
Controls & Connections: The QuadCast S microphone includes 2 rotary controls - one built into the bottom of the mic for Gain adjustment, and side dial for Pattern selection. The top of the mic includes a touch-activated Mute sensor. The rear of the mic features a USB-C port, for connecting to your computer, and a 3.5mm stereo headphone socket.
Table-Top Stand: The HyperX QuadCast S microphone features a built-in table-top stand with shock-mount. A tilt-adjustment lets you angle the mic for optimum pickup. The stand features a weighted base with non-slip padding for added stability on flat surfaces. A 5/8" and 3/8" threaded adapter is provided for attaching the microphone to an optional mic stand (sold separately).
RGB Lighting: The QuadCast S features RGB LED lighting built into the microphone, providing up to 16,777,216 possible colors. Configuration and control of the RGB lighting is done through the NGENUITY software from a connected PC or MAC computer, or a PS4 or PS5.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (1V/Pa (@1kHz)
- Resolution: 48kHz/16-bit
- Capsules: 3 Condenser capsules
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Bidirectional, Omnidirectional, Stereo
- Power Requirements: 5V/125mA (via USB)
- Headphone Output:
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Maximum Output Power: 7mW
- THD: ≤0.05% (1kHz/0dBFS)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: ≥90dB
- Dimensions (With Stand):
- Width: 4.03"
- Height: 9.65"
- Depth: 5.10"
- Weight: 1.35 lbs.
- Microphone Dimensions:
- Diameter: 2.16"
- Length: 8.49"
- Weight: 0.56 lbs.