About the HyperX CloudX Flight™
High-quality sound for the Xbox
High-quality sound for the Xbox
The HyperX CloudX Flight headphones are specifically designed for the Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. They provide the flexibility of a wireless connection with rich, detailed sound that helps your games come alive. The headset's closed-back, over-the-ear design keeps out distracting noise, helping you focus and immerse yourself on-screen action. These headphones look sharp too, with a black frame punctuated with eye-catching green LEDs made to match your Xbox.
If you're going to play for long sessions, the CloudX 'phones are a great pick. They're lightweight and comfortable, with a soft memory foam headband and earpads that fit snugly and securely without weighing down your head or clamping down like a vice. The durable frame withstands daily use, and its steel sliders let you easily adjust the fit. The earpads also rotate 90° to comfortably rest on your neck when not in use.
If you're planning on playing for a solid chunk of time, few things can spoil that like a dead battery. Fortunately, the CloudX has an extensive battery life, hitting up to 30 hours if you've got the LEDs switched off. That's a lot of play time.
Keep your competitive edge
When I'm running around the Dark Zone in the The Division 2, the last thing I want is to be caught unawares while searching for sweet loot. The rat-a-tat of bullets around the corner can tip me off to the location of another team, letting me bypass them entirely or lie in wait myself.
The CloudX headset delivers accurate sound directionality that pulls you into the game and improves your situational awareness. That makes it easy to place audio cues in the game world, keeping you on your toes (or fingers, I suppose).
Buttons on the left earcup let you intuitively adjust the volume of both your game audio and the voice chat. A built-in mixer lets you control these two independently, helping you balance communication with environment sounds on the fly. This way your chat isn't drowning out important audio cues or too low for you to catch warnings from your team. Either one can add a big "L" to your record pretty fast.
When you hit the mute button, a LED indicator lights up on the mic, making it easy to remember when your team can (or can't) hear you. No more biting into that sandwich and drowning your teammates in the sounds of chewing by accident. It's a small comfort, but worth the extra consideration.
Strong wireless connection
A spotty connection to your headphones can be frustrating or put you at a disadvantage. The CloudX comes with a convenient USB transmitter that plugs right into your Xbox. The transmitter provides a stable 2.4 GHz connection that keeps your sound lag-free within a range of 65 feet. That's more than enough wiggle room to stay connected with your teammates if you need to step aside between matches.
Who are HyperX?
HyperX is a top-selling brand for high-performance gaming accessories, from headsets and keyboards to mouse pads. Their equipment is designed with gamers in mind first and foremost, and is widely used in the eSports arena, where reliable equipment can quickly make a world of difference. HyperX is involved with every level of the community. They're key sponsors for events like DreamHack and support everyone from your average gamer looking for quality gear to competitive icons like Daigo Umehara, whose seemingly impossible string of parries during Evo Moment #37 was a watershed moment for eSports.
- over-ear, closed-back design provides noise isolation so you can focus on the game
- 50mm drivers with neodymium magnets deliver clear, dynamic sound
- connects wirelessly with included USB transmitter
- stable 2.4 GHz wireless connection within 65.6 feet
- lightweight, durable frame with steel sliders
- flexible, detachable boom mic with mute LED indicator
- soft memory foam earpads and headband for long-lasting comfort
- earcups rotate 90°, letting them rest easy around your neck
- green LED lights match your Xbox and show the headphones' charging status
- built-in mixer lets you independently control game audio and voice chat levels
- easy-to-use controls on the earcup
- compatible with Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S
- Official Xbox licensed headset
General info and included accessories:
- 3.2-foot USB charging cable
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- SPL (sound pressure level): 113 dB @ 1 kHz
- THD (total harmonic distortion): <2%
- impedance: 32 ohms
- battery life: 30 hours (LEDs off)
- weight: 11.6 oz. (with mic)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HX-HSCFX-BK/WW
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless gaming headphones
- Plug-in microphone on 5" adjustable boom (3.5mm plug)
- USB Wi-Fi dongle
- 42" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Battery advisory
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the HyperX CloudX Flight™
Overview: The HyperX CloudX Flight wireless gaming headset (HX-HSCFX-BK/WW) is an officially licensed headset for Xbox. The headphones operate on a reliable 2.4 GHz wireless connection with a long-lasting 30-hour battery life. The leatherette-covered, memory foam headband and ear cup pads provide hours of comfort for those marathon gaming sessions. The closed-back ear cup design keeps sound leakage to a minimum and attenuates ambient noise so you can insert yourself into your gaming environment without outside distractions. When you're ready to take a break, the ear cups rotate 90° and rest comfortably around your neck.
Construction: The over-ear CloudX Flight headset features 50mm dynamic drivers with neodymium magnets for rich, powerful sounds from your game. With the onboard controls, you can quickly and easily make adjustments to your audio, chat, and microphone levels. You'll get audible confirmation of your adjustments so you can stay in the game without having to remove your headset. The green LED lighting effects match your Xbox setup while keeping you aware of your headphones' charging status.
Microphone: The included plug-in microphone is mounted on a 5" adjustable gooseneck boom. The noise-cancelling condenser microphone has a bi-directional pattern that rejects sound from the sides. The stereo microphone plugs directly into the left ear cup via its 3.5mm plug.
Wireless: The CloudX Flight wireless headset includes a USB dongle that communicates with the headset via a fast, dependable 2.4 GHz wireless signal with a range of up to 20 meters (65.6 feet). To restart the pairing mode, you must press the switch inside the dongle behind a pin hole.
Compatible Platforms: The HyperX CloudX Flight headset works with Xbox One and Xbox Series XIS.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 32Ω
- Sound Pressure Level: 113dB SPL/mW (at 1kW)
- THD: < 2%
- Frequency Response: 100Hz - 10kHz
- Sensitivity: -51dBV (0dB=1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Polar Pattern: Bi-directional, Noise Cancelling
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- Outside: Width 3.264", Height 4.144", Depth 2.013"
- Inside: Width 1.791", Height 2.606", Depth 0.75"
- Weight: 10.25 ounces (11.6 ounces with mic)