About the Hisense 120L5G-CINE120A
All-in-one home theater package
The 120L5G-CINE120A delivers sharp visuals on an eye-filling 120" screen.
All-in-one home theater package
Hisense conveniently packages together everything you need for a big, immersive home theater experience with their 120L5G-CINE120A. This package includes a 4K projector and a truly massive 120" screen — all in one box. The projector also has a built-in audio system and even an HDTV tuner for over-the-air and cable broadcasts.
The setup is simple, too. The projector's ultra short throw design saves you the trouble of mounting it on the ceiling or running cables across your room. It's easy to fit into most rooms — just place the projector on a low table right under your screen and you're on your way.
Bright, colorful picture
The 120L5G-CINE120A's X-Fusion™ Laser Engine features a single monochromatic laser and a phosphor color filter to create a wide range of dynamic colors — well above the usual standard for 4K UHD content. You'll enjoy rich images with true-to-life colors.
4K enhanced by HDR
With all the streaming options available these days, there's more great-looking 4K content out there than ever. This projector-plus-screen combo lets you enjoy the range of 4K content now available on streaming services like Disney+ and Amazon Prime Video. If you want to up your game further, connecting a 4K Blu-ray player is the way to go. Standard and high-definition content gets a boost too with 4K upscaling, so you can benefit from enhanced image quality no matter the source.
If 4K wasn't crisp enough, the 120L5G-CINE120A supports High Dynamic Range (HDR10) content, bringing out additional detail and contrast when viewing HDR-encoded programs.
Light up your room with bright, bold colors.
Many projectors require a separate audio system even for just casual TV-watching because their audio capabilities are so limited. This Hisense projector includes a built-in audio system with Dolby® decoding, a pair of full-range speakers, and 30 watts of amplification. If you want to expand, though, you can connect its optical digital output to your compatible home audio system of choice.
In between shows and movies, you can even pair a mobile device to your projector via built-in Bluetooth® and rock out to some tunes.
The 120L5G-CINE120A has three HDMI ports for connecting a Blu-ray player, gaming console, or home theater receiver. HDMI port 2 is compatible with enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC), letting you pass immersive audio formats like Dolby Atmos®.
There are also two USB ports: the rear port provides power to HDMI dongles or other devices, while the side port makes it easy to plug in a flash drive loaded with music or videos.
Easy to use with voice control
The projector's built-in Android TV interface lets you browse streaming services and download new apps from the Google Play store without connecting another source. With built-in Chromecast you can stream video or music to the projector or even mirror your mobile device onto your 120" screen. The included remote also has a mic with built-in Google Assistant, letting you control the projector and use streaming services with just the sound of your voice. If you use an Alexa device, it's compatible with that too.
If you're a movie afficionado, the 120L5G-CINE120A supports Filmmaker Mode, helping you experience your favorites the way their creators intended. For video game fans, Game Mode keeps input lag down to a minimum to ensure your controls feel smooth and responsive. The projector will even recognize gaming consoles and adjust accordingly with ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode).
- 4K ultra short throw home theater projector and 120" screen
- ultra short throw design lets you place the projector almost directly under the screen
- uses single-chip DLP system with pixel-shifting technology to display 4K resolution (3840 x 2160)
- X-Fusion Laser Engine uses a monochromatic blue laser with a phosphor color filter
- laser light offers crisp image quality and a 25,000+ hour lifespan
- reproduces 83% of the DCI-P3 color space for rich, realistic colors
- safety proximity sensors dim the laser automatically if an object comes too close
- light output: 2,700 lumens
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (dynamic)
- refresh rate: 60 Hz
- recommended screen size: 120" (screen included)
- compatible with High Dynamic Range (HDR10) video sources
- micro-second-level motion processing for smooth, clear action
- 21-1/2"W x 6-1/4"H x 13-5/8"D
- weight: 24.3 lbs.
- 120" lenticular ambient light rejecting screen (measured diagonally)
- viewing angle: 150°
- screen gain: 0.4
- includes screen cleaning kit
- assembly required
- includes mounting brackets and gloves
- 106-1/4"W x 60-7/16"H x 1-7/16"D
- weight: 49.6 lbs.
- watch streamed 4K video sources like Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, and YouTube (requires Internet speed of at least 20Mbps)
- Android TV interface lets you browse movies and shows from across multiple streaming services all in one place
- Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your phone or laptop
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- remote has built-in Google Assistant — control basic functions, search streaming services, set timers, and more
- compatible with Amazon Alexa devices
- Filmmaker Mode automatically adjusts picture settings to preserve the director's intent
- Game Mode reduces input lag to keep your controls smooth and responsive
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) recognizes gaming sources and adjusts automatically
- 3 HDMI inputs (two 2.1, one 2.0)
- HDMI port 2 supports eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel)
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- Ethernet port for a wired network connection
- two USB inputs (one rear, one side)
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- built-in tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- built-in speaker system (30 watts)
- supports Dolby® audio, including Dolby Digital and Dolby Atmos
- built-in Bluetooth lets you stream music from your phone to the projector's speaker system
- includes voice control remote with backlight
- recommended TV stand height: 20"
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 120L5G-CINE120A
What's in the box:
- Ultra short throw laser projector
- 120" Projection screen
- 59" AC power cord
- Remote control
- 6" Stereo minijack-to-RCA adapter
- 2 C-shaped blocks
- Mounting brackets & hardware
- Pair of gloves
- Quick Start Guide
- Cleaning kit (includes blower / brush / cloth)
- Installing Instruction
- Important Safety Information & Warranty Card
- Caution Note
- Mounting Template
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Hisense 120L5G-CINE120A
Features & specs
|Native Resolution (pixels)||1920 x 1080|
|Resolution with Pixel Shift||4K UHD (8.3 million pixels)|
|Picture Size Range||120|
|Brightness (in ANSI Lumens)||2700|
|Ultra Short Throw||Yes|
|HDR (High Dynamic Range)|
|Next-gen Gaming Features|
|VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)||No|
|ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode)||Yes|
|4K/120Hz HDMI Inputs||None|
|Smart TV Features|
|Apple TV App||No|
|Apple AirPlay 2||No|
|Audio Return Channel||eARC supported|
|Wireless HDMI Input||No|
|USB Media Port||2|
|Approximate Lamp Life||25,000 hrs|
|Vertical Lens Shift||No|
|Horizontal Lens Shift||No|
|Vertical Keystone Correction||No|
|Horizontal Keystone Correction||No|
|Parts Warranty||2 Years|
|Labor Warranty||2 Years|
|Type of Warranty Service||In-home or Carry-in|
Network, Bluetooth, & USB Integration
Remote, App, & Voice Control
Ultra Short Throw Projector & Screen
Hisense Laser TV: The Hisense L5G is an ultra short throw laser projector that comes paired with either a 100" or 120" (diagonal) ALR projection screen. With high brightness output from the ultra short throw laser projector and a screen built to reject ambient light and boost image contrast, the Hisense Laser TV is well suited for bright or dark room environments.
X-Fusion Laser Engine: Experience true-to-life color with impressive dynamic range. The L5G's X-Fusion Laser Engine combines a Blue Laser with a Phosphor Color Filter for true-to-life color with impressive dynamic range. The L5G’s X-Fusion Laser Engine exceeds the Rec.709 standard for UHD 4K and lasts long enough to enjoy more than 25,000 hours of content.
- High Brightness: The Hisense L5G ultra short throw laser projector produces 2700 lumens of brightness for use in bright and dark rooms.
- Dynamic Contrast: The L5G offers a 1,000:000:1 dynamic contrast ratio for a brilliant HDR (High Dynamic Range) video image with detailed highlights, vibrant colors, and bold blacks - making everything pop off the screen.
Note: To protect your eyes, proximity sensors dim the lasers when something gets too close.
ALR (Ambient Light Rejection) Screen: At mere inches from the wall, the L5G ultra short throw laser projector can cast a massive 100" or 120" image. The Hisense LG9 comes with either a 100" or 120" (diagonal) ALR projection screen. The ambient light rejection screen utilizes anti-glare technology with a 0.4 gain, and 150 degree viewing angle. The picture is bright and detailed in all types of lighting, letting you enjoy the ultimate large-screen viewing experience from any room. The perfectly paired ALR (Ambient Light Rejecting) screen means you don't have to turn-off the lights to get a great picture. The ALR screen will display bright and crisp images in any type of lighting.
- For the 100" ALR screen, the back of the ultra short throw laser projector should be positioned about 11.5" from the wall. A minimum viewing distance of 9.8' is recommended for optimum viewing experience.
- For the 120" ALR screen, the back of the ultra short throw laster projector should be positioned a little over 14.625" from the wall. A minimum viewing distance of 14.75' is recommended for optimum viewing experience.
Note: There are no zoom or focus adjustments to be used with smaller or larger screens. The projector also does not offer Lens Shift or Keystone Correction.
4K Ultra HD via XPR Pixel-Shift Technology: The Hisense L5G ultra short throw projector utilizes DLP XPR Technology (Texas Instruments' pixel-shifting technology) to achieve 4K resolution with 8.3 million distinct pixels. XPR Technology perfectly quadruples the projector's 0.47" DMD chip's 1920x1080 pixels to generate 8.3 million pixels with ultra-fast pixel shifting speed for 4K content. 4K Ultra HD has 4x more detail than Full HD 1080p.
Note: The Hisense L5G has a native resolution of 1080p, but can accept a 4K video signal and display a 4K video signal through XPR Pixel-Shift technology.
HDMI 2.1/2.0: The Hisense L5G is outfitted with two HDMI 2.1 inputs and one HDMI 2.0 input to connect your Ultra-HD and HD sources; such as your Blu-ray player, satellite/cable box, and game system. In addition, any HDMI input can be used to connect a PC to the Laser TV.
- Supported Video Resolutions: All three HDMI inputs (including HDMI 2.1 and 2.0) will accept up to 4K @ 24/30/60Hz (does not support 4K/120Hz)
- HDCP 2.2: HDCP 2.2 is supported by all of the TV's HDMI inputs. HDCP 2.2 is short for "High bandwidth Digital Content Protection" and is used for 4K video copyright protection for compatibility with Ultra HD Blu-ray players and 4K Satellite/Cable providers.
- 4:4:4 Color Subsampling: All three HDMI inputs will support up to 4:4:4 chroma subsampling for full color data rendering of 4K video (4:2:2 and 4:2:0 are also supported by all HDMI inputs). With 4:4:4 color, luminance (brightness) and chroma (color) are sampled at the same rate, resulting in an RGB color palette as big as the video sampling rate for a video image with more total colors, plus greater color accuracy and detail.
Note: The projector does not contain any analog video inputs.
HDR (High Dynamic Range): The L5G ultra short throw laser projector offers the ability to provide a premium High Dynamic Range (HDR) experience, with a higher level of contrast between light and dark images. HDR delivers a much higher level of contrast between light and dark to produce an image that is more realistic and closer to what the content creator imagined. This increased contrast reveals the subtle nuances of the image, from detailed blacks and shadows to the brightest whites and colors, plus greater depth.
- HDR10 is an open standard and currently the most popular HDR format on the market. It supports 10-bit color and 1,000 nits. It uses static metadata at the start of a movie to tell the receiver and your projector that the video content is encoded using HDR.
- This projector does not support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, or HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma).
MEMC (Motion Estimation, Motion Compensation): With microsecond level-processor response and MEMC (Motion Estimation, Motion Compensation) technology the L5G ultra short throw projector ensures you never miss a moment of the action. Fast moving video images from sports, games and action films are exceptionally smooth and crystal clear. It has a native refresh rate of 60Hz.
Picture Modes: The Hisense ultra short throw laser projector offers a number of preset pictures modes (such as Filmmaker and Game) to suit a variety of applications and content. You can also manually adjust picture settings such as Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, Sharpness, Noise Reduction, White Balance, Color Space, and Gamma. Picture modes and settings can be applied to an individual source or all sources.
- Filmmaker Mode: Filmmaker Mode reads metadata from your content to automatically disable any post-processing motion settings on the L5G ultra short throw laser projector so you see video as the creators intended.
- Game Mode with ALLM: You can enable Game Mode with ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) to optimize the projector's settings for playing video games with a gaming console. Game Mode bypasses and disables some of the projector's video processing to allow for faster video gaming response time.
Built-in HDTV Tuner: The projector features a built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Clear QAM tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals (up to 1080i); subscription still required to receive cable channels. A single RF-type coaxial input is use to connect an external indoor/outdoor antenna (sold separately).
30W Speaker System: With a built-in 30 watt speaker system that supports Dolby Atmos, the Hisense L5G ultra short throw projector delivers an expansive and immerse soundstage with clear dialog, crisp highs, and deep bass.
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel): The Enhanced Audio Return Channel within the projector's HDMI 1 input enables the projector, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the projector to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the projector. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the projector. eARC allows audio from the projector tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, or HDMI inputs connected device to be heard through your eARC compatible AV receiver via the projector's HDMI eARC input.
- The audio from the projector's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Android TV apps can pass as Dolby Atmos (via Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, or 2ch PCM.
- DLNA compliant devices will only output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Your AV receiver or soundbar will also have to support eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) to accommodate the playback of these high resolution audio formats. If your AV receiver or soundbar only supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), audio playback will be limited to Dolby Digital or 5.1ch/2ch PCM.
Analog & Digital Audio Out: The Hisense L5G is outfitted with analog & digital audio outputs (only one output can be used). The stereo minijack (3.5mm) analog output can be connected to a receiver, soundbar, powered speakers, or set of headphones. The projector's optical (toslink) digital output terminal will output Dolby Digital (when available) or 2ch PCM. The digital optical output terminal only sends an audio signal in Dolby Digital when receiving Dolby Digital surround sound from a digital broadcast channel through the tuner, HDMI inputs, Android TV apps, or USB ports. When the projector's analog or digital output is selected, the projector's built-in speaker system is muted.
Note: DTS multichannel audio formats are not supported.
Network, Bluetooth, & USB Integration
Wired or Wireless Network Connection: The Hisense L5G ultra short throw laser projector supports a wired or wireless network connection. Via the TV's network connection you gain access to Android TV and a variety of online entertainment streaming services, as well Google Assistant voice control through the included remote. You also get the ability to stream content from your Android or Apple iOS mobile device via Chromecast, as well as stream content from your Windows PC or Mac computer.
- Ethernet Jack: The Hisense L5G is equipped with an Ethernet (RJ45) LAN jack for connecting the ultra short throw laser projector to your home network and ISP (internet service provider).
- Built-in WiFi: Built-in WiFi (802.11ac; 2.4/5GHz) allows you to wirelessly access your home network and the internet. A wireless connection requires a home network with an 802.11 access point (802.11n or better recommended) and internet connection. Supports WPS, WEP, and WPA security.
Note: A home network connection speed of at least 2.5 Mbps is recommended for standard definition, 10 Mbps for high definition, and 20 Mbps for ultra-high definition.
Android TV: The Hisense ultra short throw laser projector features built-in Android TV with access to a wide variety of apps from Google Play which have been optimized for playback on the big screen (subscription, rental, or purchase fees may apply). Android TV lets you browse thousands of movies and TV episodes from across a variety of online streaming services, all in one place and organized into categories and genres based on what interests you the most.
- Movies & TV Shows: Watch 4K Ultra-HD, high-definition, and standard definition movies, TV shows, and videos from a variety of online entertainment services such as Amazon, Disney+, Google Play, HBO, Netflix, Vudu, YouTube, and more. You also get live TV programming from Sling Television, Hulu Live, and YouTube TV; as well as on-demand network content from ABC, FOX, & NBC.
- Music & Radio: You'll be able to listen to online music and internet radio from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, SiriusXM, Tidal, TuneIn, Deezer, YouTube Music, and more.
- Sports, News, & Weather: Get scores, news, and highlights from ESPN, NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB.TV, CBS Sports, Fox Sports, and more. You'll also get news information from CBS, NBC, CNN, Fox; as well as weather forecasts from AccuWeather and The Weather Network.
- Other Apps: There are also a variety of Gaming, Lifestyle, Health & Fitness, Education, Business, Communication apps, and more from Android TV. Click here to discover the full collection of Android TV Apps from Google Play. Not all Google Play apps will be Android TV compatible.
- 4K & 4K HDR network streaming requires a network speed of 20Mbps or greater. A wired Ethernet connection is recommended over a wireless WiFi connection for better performance. If you desire a WiFi connection, then use a dual-band Gigabit wireless-N router (or better) for 4K streaming.
Chromecast built-in: Chromecast built-in lets you cast your favorite entertainment apps and video content from your Android (OS 4.4.2+) or Apple iOS (8.0+) device to the Hisense L5G projector. Now you can cast your favorites movies or TV shows (on Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, Google Play, HBO, and more); your favorite music and radio stations (on Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, YouTube Music, and more); Sports highlights (on ESPN, NBC, CBS, and more); plus photos & videos (on YouTube, Google Photos, and more) from your compatible Android or Apple iOS device to the Hisense L5G ultra short throw laser projector. For a list of all compatible Chromecast Built-in apps click here.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Hisense L5G features built-in Bluetooth with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP), so you can wirelessly stream audio content from a Bluetooth enabled source devices (such as smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer) to the ultra short throw projector's built-in speaker system.
Note: The L5G ultra short throw laser projector features a Bluetooth receiver and not a Bluetooth transmitter. It can received audio from a Bluetooth source device, but it cannot transmit an audio signal to a set of Bluetooth headphones or speakers.
Dual USB Ports: The Hisense L5G is equipped with two USB-A ports; there is a USB-A 3.0 port on the rear-panel and a USB-B 2.0 port on the side-panel. The USB-A 3.0 port is rated at 5V/1A, while the USB-A 2.0 port is rated at 5V/500mA. Both USB ports support connection of a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a USB thumbdrive or HDD. Some HDDs will require an external AC power supply. The L5G laser projector allows you to playback audio, video, and photo files on a compatible USB MSC device.
- Video Files: Compatible video files include AVI, FLV, MPEG, MP4, MKV, and WEBM - up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30/60/120fps.
- Photo Files: Compatible photo files include JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF, WebP, and HEiF - up to 15360 x 8640 pixels.
- Audio Files: Compatible audio files include AAC, FLAC, MP3, WAV, and WMA - up to 24-bit/192kHz.
Note: The USB ports do not support connection of an Apple iOS or Android OS device. The USB ports cannot be connected to a desktop computer or laptop.
Remote, App, and Voice Control
Remote Control: The included remote control operates via Bluetooth and IR. It provides wireless operation of the Hisense L5G ultra short throw laser projector. You can also program your cable or satellite remote control operate the laser projector (see Owner's Manual for control code list). The Hisense L5G also supports HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), so you can link operation (such as Power On/Off) between connected HDMI CEC compatible devices via one remote control.
Note: Batteries for remote are not included and sold separately. The remote operates off of two "AAA" batteries.
Voice Control: The Hisense L5G ultra short throw laser projector supports voice control of select functions through the built-in Google Assistant & optional Amazon Alexa enabled devices via a wireless network connection.
- Built-in Google Assistant: The ultra short throw laser projector supports the Google Assistant through its Android operating system and the included IR remote's built-in mic. You can simply trigger the Google Assistant by by pressing the mic button on the remote and then speaking into the microphone after hearing an audible prompt. You can ask the Google Assistant to turn volume up/down, change channels and inputs, search content on select built-in Android TV apps, and control basic playback functions. In addition to Laser TV voice commands, you can use the Google Assistant to control connected smart home devices and other Google Home enabled devices. The Google Assistant can also be used to find answers for many of your daily questions through Google's advanced search engine. The projector also supports voice control through the Google family of wireless speakers and devices (sold separately - see Accessories tab).
- Works With Amazon Alexa: Alexa-enabled devices (including the Amazon Echo family of speakers, sold separately - see Accessories tab) will be able to control key functions of the Hisense ultra short throw laser projector. With this new feature you can simply use your voice to turn the projector on or off, change channels, change inputs, control volume, and control playback functions of select streaming content.
Smarthome Control: The Hisense L5G ultra short throw projector can be integrated with smarthome devices that are compatible with Google Assistant. The microphone on the included remote allows you to use the Google Assistant and your voice to control Google smarthome devices throughout your home. Smarthome control requires that the Hisense projector and all compatible Google Assistant devices be connected to the same WiFi wireless network.
Android TV Remote: The Android TV Remote App (for Android OS 4.0+ and Apple iOS 9.0+) lets you use your compatible Android or Apple iOS device as a remote to control the Hisense projector's Android TV functions. Easily navigate content and play games on on the Android TV enabled projector. The remote app offers voice search and an on-screen keyboard, giving you full control of Android TV from your smartphone or tablet. Simply tap the on-screen mic button to start a voice search, or use the keyboard to input text on Android TV. If you know what you want to watch, just say it into your smartphone or tablet's microphone and the Hisense projector will find it within its Android TV applications.
Sleep Timer: The Sleep Timer switches the projector off after a specified amount of time. The sleep timer can be set to 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 90, or 120 minutes.
Parental Control: The projector's Parent Control feature allows you to set restriction on usage of specific channels and inputs. Parental Control is accessed and protected by a 4-digit pass-code.