About the Sigma Photo 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens
Get the big picture
Get the big picture
Who knows if fish really see the world the way a fisheye lens does. The good news for them if they do? They can see a lot of things coming for them. Fisheyes are known for extremely wide angles of view, and extreme distortion of space. Don't think this is a bad thing: when used in the right situation, fisheye lenses can lead you to new and unique perceptions of the nature of spaces around you. Try a lens like this on a city street, or a long subway escalator, or taking a close-up of your dog. You will no doubt find new and different ways to document the world around you.
Limited use with APS-C sensor cameras
While this lens will mount on an APS-C sensor camera, your view will be cropped to the center of the lens's projection circle of light, so much of the characteristic barrel distortion you expect from a fisheye lens will be outside the sensor's field of view. Should you use it on an APS-C camera, you will have a somewhat distorted wide-angle image at an effective focal length of 23mm on most cameras with sensors that size.
This Sigma Photo 15mm fisheye features an f/2.8 aperture, a light-thirsty spec that points up this lens's ability to work in subdued and low light, so you'll find it a natural for interiors.
- Nikon bayonet mount
- light-gathering 15mm f/2.8 EX DG fisheye lens with 35mm equivalent of 23mm on NiKon cameras with APS-C sensors
- no built-in lens motor: NOT compatible with D40, D40x, D60, D3000, D5000
- 180-degree angle-of-view on full-frame cameras
- Because APS-C sensors are smaller than full-frame ones, the lens's angle-of-view will be cropped, minimizing the characteristic fisheye barrel distortion. Results on APS-C cameras may differ from your expectations.
- Super Multi-Layer Coating minimizes reflections and flare
- ultra-wide field of view is ideal for artistic shots and unusual perspectives of weddings, sports, and underwater subjects (protective housing required)
- minimum focusing distance: 5.9"
- constructed of 7 elements in 6 groups
- gel filter holder at back of lens
- lens is 2-15/16" in diameter, 2-13/16" long
- weight: 11.7 oz.
- carrying case, front adapter ring, front and rear lens caps supplied
- warranty: 4 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 476-306
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sigma Photo 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens