About the Sigma Photo 150-500mm f/5-6.3 Zoom Lens
Whatever your challenges are when you're shooting outside, this Sigma Photo 150-500mm f/5-6.3 lens will have you covered. Fast action sports at your daughter's lacrosse match? The long reach will get you the dramatic close-up from across the field. A rare, colorful finch near the top of the canopy during your woodland hike? Optical stabilization lets you bring home sharp, vibrant pictures while working hand-held because you can shoot at slower shutter speeds. And quiet, fast autofocus means you'll be ready for candids and architectural details while traveling, even if the ideal moment is fleeting. And this lens features 25% more reach than its popular sibling, the Sigma Photo 120-400mm telephoto zoom, so it's perfect for those moments when you need to get a touch closer.
Careful attention to the optical build quality has yielded a lens that's sturdy, sharp across the entire frame, and free of color irregularities throughout the zoom range. If you're taking your camera outside at all, for almost any purpose, a zoom telephoto like this one is a welcome addition to your kit.
- 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG APO OS HSM telephoto zoom lens
- compatible with Canon EOS film and digital SLR cameras
- effective focal length:
- 150-500mm with full-frame digital or film cameras
- 240-800mm with Canon EOS APS-C sensor cameras
- built-in optical stabilization allows in-focus shots with longer exposure times
- 3 special low-dispersion glass elements for impressive contrast and clarity
- super multi-layer lens coating minimizes flaring and ghosting
- minimum aperture: f/22
- minimum focus distance: 7.25 feet
- constructed of 21 elements in 15 groups
- filter size: 86mm
- lens is 10-3/16" long, 3-3/4" in diameter
- weight: 62.8 ounces
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- carrying case, lens hood, front and rear lens caps
- MFR # 737-101
What's in the box:
- Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM zoom lens for Canon
- LCF-86 III Front lens cap (installed)
- Rear lens cap
- LH927-01 Lens hood
- TS-31 Tripod socket (installed)
- Soft padded case
- Shoulder strap for case
- Shoulder strap for lens
- Warranty Card
- Limited Warranty sheet
Sigma Photo 150-500mm f/5-6.3 Zoom Lens reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sigma Photo 150-500mm f/5-6.3 Zoom Lens
Overview: The Sigma APO 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM is an ultra telephoto zoom lens, designed to be used with full-frame cameras. It can also be used with smaller APS-C size sensors with an effective increase in focal length of 255mm to 850mm. It is a great lens for travel, nature, and wildlife. The lens has the Canon EF-mount.
Lens Hood: The Sigma 150-500mm lens includes a lens hood to help prevent stray light from entering the lens, causing flare, and to protect the lens from rain, snow, and dust. When not in use, the lens hood can be inverted and mounted onto the lens backwards for storage.
Tripod Ring: Because of the weight of the lens, a tripod ring is included which lets you mount the lens onto a tripod. This provides better balance and stability when shooting for long periods of time. You can rotate the lens inside the tripod ring to allow you to shoot images in portrait orientation with the lens attached to the tripod.
Optical Stabilizer: The built-in Optical Stabilizer allows for handheld photography, even in low light scenarios, and compensates for image blurring caused by camera shake. There are 2 OS modes: Mode 1 compensates for overall camera shake, while Mode 2 detects vertical shake that occurs when panning the camera horizontally.
Focus Mode Switch: The lens features a two-way switch for setting the focus mode: AF (auto focus) or MF (manual focus).
Zoom Lock: The 150-500mm lens features a zoom lock to prevent the lens from extending due to gravity when the lens is tilted downward. The lock keeps the lens set at the 150mm position until you are ready to shoot.
Sigma Technology: The lens has the following Sigma technology built-in:
- Apochromatic (APO): In order to attain the highest quality images, the APO lens has been made using special low-dispersion (SLD) glass and is designed to minimize color aberration.
- Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM): The Hyper Sonic Motor uses ultrasonic waves to drive the autofocus mechanism. This extremely quiet operation helps avoid disturbing photographic subjects, and isn't picked up by the microphone while recording video.
- Super Multi-layer Coating: Sigma's own Super Multi-layer Coating suppresses lens flare and ghosting by preventing reflections within the lens.
- Rounded Diaphragm: Using a rounded diaphragm instead of a polygonal shaped one produces pleasingly rounded out-of-focus light points when opened to near maximum aperture.
- Rear Focusing System: Sigma uses a focusing system that moves the rear lens group, for high speed, silent focusing.
- Lens Construction: 21 Elements in 15 Groups
- Angle of View: 16.4° to 5°
- Number of Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Maximum Aperture: f/5-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 86.6"
- Filter Size: 86mm
- Maximum Magnifications: 1:5.2
- Dimensions: Diameter=3.723", Length=10.179"
- Weight: 67.4 ounces
1 question already asked