About the Stewart Filmscreen Luxus
High-performance motorized projector screen
High-performance motorized projector screen
The Stewart Filmscreen Luxus features a compact case that stores your projector screen and mounts under your ceiling. This screen is motorized, so you can easily raise or lower it whenever you need to. Have company over for music and drinks? Use the included remote to roll it up for a bit. Want to relax on the couch and catch a movie after the party dies down? Drop it right back down in seconds.
This screen is way more than just convenient, though. It uses Stewart's StudioTek 130 G4 reference-quality screen material, providing a stellar backdrop for a dedicated home theater room with a projector. The screen is also tab-tensioned to keep the surface smooth and consistent, for a seamless viewing experience.
Get the most out of your 4K projector
The image of any projector looks better with a high-quality screen, and this fourth generation of Stewart's StudioTek 130 screen material was developed with 4K Ultra High Definition content in mind. This material has a texture optimized for the enhanced detail of 4K resolution and the higher brightness levels of High Dynamic Range (HDR) programming. It offers excellent white field uniformity and is 30% brighter than a standard matte white screen surface.
The StudioTek 130 G4 material hits a sweet spot in the balance between performance and brightness. It minimizes sparkle and distracting motion artifacts for a crisp image, while still achieving a significant bump in brightness compared to previous generations. That makes it one of the best screen materials available — and a new reference-quality standard for positive-gain screens.
The experts at Stewart work hard to take the fuss out of installing their screens. This screen comes intuitively packaged for a straightforward assembly and includes a "universal" sliding bracket for mounting the case to your ceiling or wall. The case also slides horizontally on its mount to help you perfectly center the screen.
You'll find a range of connections for integrating with popular third-party control systems, including Crestron, Control4, and more. There's a 12-volt trigger, dry contact plug, and a smart plug that supports IR (infrared), serial, and RF (radio frequency) connections.
Who is Stewart Filmscreen?
Stewart Filmscreen has decades of experience making some of the best projection screens money can buy. Their screens are built by hand in the USA to deliver outstanding home theater performance. The company's technical knowhow is legendary: they provide screens for large venues like movie theaters, museums, and theme parks, and they're the only screen manufacturer to ever win an Academy Award® for technical merit — twice!
- 120" handcrafted screen (measured diagonally)
- 16:9 viewing area
- image: 104-1/2"W x 58-3/4"H
- compact case with black finish and endcaps
- motorized, tab-tensioned screen maintains a smooth surface for best image quality
- StudioTek 130 G4 flexible matte white screen material for light-controlled spaces like a dedicated home theater room
- supports higher brightness and color accuracy for use with 4K/HDR front projection
- rated up to 16K resolution
- screen gain: 1.3
- viewing angle: 0° (peak gain) to 80° (half gain)
- ambient light rejection: 17%
- screen is THX-certified
- includes "universal" sliding bracket that mounts case to your ceiling or wall
- IMC 100 (Intelligent Motor Control) multi-platform screen controller works with third-party power and control systems
- includes a 12-volt trigger, dry contact port, and a smart port that supports RF, serial, and IR connections
- includes IR (infrared) remote control and receiver
- designed and manufactured in the USA
- 125-1/4"W x 7"H x 6-1/4"D (case); 116-3/8"W x 74-1/2"H x 1-7/8"D (screen)
- weight: 95 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- assembly required
- MFR # LUXG2120HST13G4SBB-12-2-5
What's in the box:
Stewart Filmscreen Luxus owner's manual
- Rectractable projection screen in case
- IR remote
- IR receiver
- Mounting hardware
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Stewart Filmscreen Luxus
Luxus Series: The Luxus Series is a below ceiling or on-wall, electric retractable projection screen system that can be used in multipurpose applications - including residential or commercial.
- When you lower or retract the screen, it will stop at its preset limit. If an obstacle (such as a person or any furniture) is in the path of the screen as it is lowered, use the included remote immediately to stop the screen's motion (the screen will not automatically stop if it hits an obstacle).
- Available projection screen sizes include 110, 120, and 135" (diagonal).
StudioTek 130 G4 Screen Material: Recently reformulated StudioTek 130 G4, is a flexible, front projection screen material that offers amazing high dynamic range (HDR) of luminosity. This screen material also provides optimized white field uniformity and is thirty percent brighter than a matte white screen surface. Featuring a 4th generation, proprietary optical coating, this screen material allows for crisp, sharp focusing of content as well as superb color and outstanding, white field uniformity. Certified by THX, StudioTek 130 G4 is the reference standard projection material within the AV industry.
- Resolution: up to 16K
- Peak Gain: 1.3
- Half Gain: 80°
- Ambient Light Rejection (ALR): 17%
- Minimum Throw Distance: 1.3x image width
Intelligent Motor Control (IMC): The Intelligent Motor Control (IMC) 100 is a highly reliable multi-platform friendly solution that is fully hidden and integrated into the screen case. Access to the screen assembly, motor and the control is now easier with the removable case bonnet. The back of the case provides easy and direct access to the AC power cord; as well as a 12V trigger input (3.5mm), dry-contact port (RJ45), and a Smart control outputs (RJ45).
- The Luxus screen system can be controlled through several remote control devices (including IR and RF), keypads, dry-contact outputs, internet protocol (IP), and low-voltage trigger outputs.
- The Luxus Series comes with a 3-button IR (infrared) remote and IR (infrared) receiver for wireless operation of the retractable projection screen.
Note: Do not plug in any POE (power over Ethernet) devices into either the smart port or dry contact port. Irreversible damage to the IMC board will occur and your warranty may be void.
Sliding Mounting Bracket: The Luxus Series uses an adjustable mounting bracket system which runs along both the top and back of the case that allows the projection screen to slide horizontally for proper centering on the wall or ceiling.
Note: See the Owner's Manual for detailed mounting & installation instructions.
1 question already asked