About the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier
A simple, high-fidelity streaming amp
A simple, high-fidelity streaming amp
The Roksan Attessa streaming amp handles digital and analog sources — including vinyl — with nimble, muscular Class AB power and onboard BluOS.
Introduce yourself to powerful British hi-fi sound with Roksan's Attessa streaming amp. It's got plenty of digital and analog connections, including a phono input, a built-in high-performance DAC, plus BluOS and Bluetooth with aptX® for wireless streaming.
And along with a really pleasant user-interface, it sports a refined industrial design and solid construction.
Robust Class AB amplification and construction
The Attessa is 4-ohm stable and can handle a wide range of speakers. Its powerful Class AB amplification can deliver 80 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 130 watts into 4 ohms.
The burly plated-steel construction and an anodized aluminum faceplate add to the heft of this amp. It has a central volume/source knob that you turn for volume and press to toggle through sources. Three front-panel buttons let you control music playback. The display is easy to grasp at a glance, with source selection displayed to its left and volume level on the right.
Flexible connections and high-res DAC
The Attessa's four digital and three analog inputs let you connect all sorts of stuff. You can add a turntable, CD player (the Attessa Turntable and CD Transport would be perfect matches), tuner, or what have you. To open up the world of digital music streaming, you'll connect to your home network using Ethernet or the included Wi-Fi dongle. And all of your digital sources will receive proper treatment from the built-in high-resolution DAC, which Roksan designed in-house.
The amplifier's AV bypass feature lets you connect the appropriate output from your home theater receiver to the Attessa to power your front left and right mains. And if you want to do some more discreet listening, plug into the front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack.
BluOS high-res streaming and multi-room expansion
The Attessa Streaming Amplifier's built-in BluOS streaming platform gives you access to a wide variety of streaming sources using a free app on your mobile device. Play TIDAL, Qobuz, Spotify® and more — as well as music files on a network-attached computer, NAS drive, or USB thumb drive. And you can add, group, and control other BluOS speakers and components (sold separately), so you can have app-controlled music in different setups throughout your home.
App and remote control
You can use the included remote and the free MaestroUnite app for Apple® and Android™ devices to control the amp. Select sources, control playback, and change settings like the input sensitivity of your analog inputs, including gain settings for the moving magnet phono input, and more.
Roksan's British heritage
Roksan was founded in England in 1985, where the company continues to design and engineer its products. Their first product — the ground-breaking Xerxes turntable — established Roksan's expertise in vinyl playback, but since then the company has turned its attention to hi-fi digital audio and amplification, as well.
- 80 watts x 2 into 8 ohms
- 130 watts x 2 into 4 ohms
- total harmonic distortion + noise: <0.02 % at 1 kHz (1W @ 8 Ohms)
- Class AB amplification
- built-in high-performance DAC decodes PCM at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- built-in Bluetooth® with high-quality aptX® audio coding
BluOS network streaming
- supports audio signals up to 32-bit/192kHz
- multi-room expansion with Bluesound/BluOS wireless speakers and components
- connects to your home network via built-in dual-band Wi-Fi® or wired Ethernet for music streaming
- app-based streaming support for Amazon, Spotify, TIDAL, TuneIn, Napster, Deezer, Qobuz and more (subscription required for some services)
- free internet radio from TuneIn Radio and iHeartRadio
- free BluOS controller app for iOS®, Android™, Windows®, and Mac® OS X
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
Other specs & info
- frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz (-3 dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: >98 dB
- front-panel volume/source-select knob
- front-panel playback control buttons
- free MaestroUnite app for Apple® and Android™ devices allows easy system setup and amp control
- amp connects to your mobile device via Bluetooth
- remote control
- detachable power cord
- 3 unbalanced RCA analog inputs
- dedicated phono input for turntables with moving magnet cartridges
- 2 optical digital inputs (up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution)
- 2 coaxial digital inputs (up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution)
- 2 USB Type A inputs for connecting an external drive or computer
- connect a USB thumb drive loaded with digital audio files
- connect included Wi-Fi dongle and extension cable
- Ethernet port for connecting to your home network
- binding posts for connecting a pair of speakers
- stereo RCA preamp output
- front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack
- 3.5mm IR receiver
- 3.5mm 12V trigger input and output
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17"W x 3"H x 14-11/16"D (including feet, connectors, and buttons)
- weight: 23 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # ATTSTREAMAMPSU
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Roksan Attessa Streaming Amplifier
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||80|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||130|
|Minimum Impedance||Not given|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||Not given|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||---|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Removable Power Cord||Yes|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||5 years|
|Labor Warranty||5 years|