About the Nanoleaf Essentials Matter A19 Bulb (1100 lumens)
I'm a big fan of smart lighting, so I was stoked when I found out we'd be carrying Nanoleaf products. They have a lot of cool ways to decorate your home with light, and this Essentials Matter A19 bulb is a perfect way to get started. It's a standard size that fits most common light fixtures, but its faceted geometric design is way more eye-catching than your average bulb. And this bulb can display over 16 million colors, as well as many shades of cool to warm white light.
These budget-friendly bulbs make it easy to decorate your home with colorful light.
Basic Bluetooth control
You can use the free Nanoleaf app to control the bulb's basic functions via Bluetooth. Turn it on or off, adjust the brightness and color, and engage the Circadian Lighting feature to automatically adjust the color temperature based on the time of day.
Do more with Matter
If you have a Matter-compatible smart home hub (a.k.a. "Matter controller"), you can unlock the bulb's full potential — create lighting schedules, operate your lights when you're not at home, and sync lighting to movies and games with the desktop app. You can also adjust your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. It works with Siri and Google Assistant devices (sold separately).
This Matter setup allows your system to communicate using Thread — low-latency mesh network protocol that offers a quicker response time and extended range for your gear. You'll also need a compatible "border router," such as Nanoleaf Shapes and Lines, or certain eero systems.
Some devices can do double-duty as your Matter controller and Thread border router, including Apple TV 4K, Apple HomePod mini, Google Nest Hub, and Google Nest Hub Max.
- standard A19/E26 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- basic setup and control with the Nanoleaf app over Bluetooth connection
- choose from over 16 million colors and shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- adjustable brightness up to 1,100 lumens
- Circadian Lighting feature automatically adjusts the color temperature based on the time of day
- additional features are available when used with Matter over Thread
- use your voice assistant (sold separately) to turn lights on or off, or adjust color and brightness
- create a lighting schedule in the Google Home or Apple Home app
- screen mirror feature syncs lights with movies and games (requires Nanoleaf Desktop App)
- operate lights when you're away from home
- requires a Matter-compatible smart home hub and Thread border router
- rated at 8.5 watts (roughly equivalent to a 60-watt incandescent bulb)
- lifespan: approximately 25,000 hours of use
- 2-7/16" diameter x 4-7/16"H
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NF080B03-1A19E
What's in the box:
Nanoleaf Essentials Matter A19 Bulb (1100 lumens) owner's manual
- Smart light bulb (A19/E26)
- User Manual and Warranty Information
Nanoleaf Essentials Matter A19 Bulb (1100 lumens) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Nanoleaf Essentials Matter A19 Bulb (1100 lumens)
Overview: The Nanoleaf Essentials A19 LED bulb (NL63E100) lets you add light and color to your living space. The bulb has an E26 Edison screw base, which fits into most standard light sockets. The Essentials bulb produces millions of colors and shades of light, and can be controlled wirelessly via Bluetooth or Thread (including Matter over Thread) using the Nanoleaf app, or by voice control.
Note: This package contains a single A19 LED bulb.
RGBCW: The Essentials bulb features RGBCW LEDs which not only emit over 16 million colors (RGB), but also all shades of white, from cool white (C) to warm white (W).
Light Output: The Essentials LED light bulb produces a maximum brightness of 1100 lumens at full output, and 806 lumens average brightness. The light can be brightened and dimmed from 100% to 1%, using the Nanoleaf app or voice commands. You can also cycle through default colors or cool-to-warm white colors, or use a color wheel to select the color output.
Bulb Shape: The A19 LED bulb has a distinctive shape. Instead of a smooth, rounded body, the bulb is a Rhombicosidodecahedron. It has 20 triangular faces, 30 square faces, and 12 pentagonal faces, with 60 vertices and 120 edges.
Matter: Matter is a new global Smart Home standard which is designed to make it easier for devices to connect with each other. Many of the devices designed by Apple, Google, Amazon, and others are now working with Matter. Nanoleaf Essentials LED bulbs and lightstrips offer more features and better performance when connected via Matter over Thread. Features include Smart Home Ecosystem Integration, Voice Control, Schedules, and Remote Access when you're away from home. Connecting by Matter over Thread requires a Matter-compatible smart home hub and a Thread Border Router.
Wireless Connections: The bulb can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth, Thread, or Matter over Thread using your smartphone, tablet, or computer. No hub or bridge is needed. For best performance, you can connect up to 5 bulbs via Bluetooth. Thread is a mesh wireless network (IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY) that is faster and more reliable, and has a better range. The Essentials bulb interconnects with other Nanoleaf products, such as Lines, Elements, and Shapes, which act as Thread Border Routers, supporting bi-directional connectivity between Thread and Wi-Fi/Ethernet networks. You can connect an unlimited number of bulbs via Thread, however, performance may decrease in large networks of 20 or more devices. Control with Matter requires a Matter-compatible smart home hub and a Thread Border Router.
Note: Matter-compatible Thread Border Routers include Apple HomePod mini, Apple TV 4K (2nd generation and 3rd generation Wi-Fi + Ethernet 128GB model), Google Home Mini, Nest Mini, Nest Hub (1st and 2nd Gen), and Nest Hub Max. Support for Matter over Thread is also coming soon to Amazon Alexa devices.
Control: The Essentials bulb can be controlled in a variety of ways:
- Nanoleaf App: On your smartphone or tablet, you can control the bulb wirelessly via Bluetooth. Using the app, you can turn the bulb on or off, control brightness (from 1% to 100% in 0.1% increments), or change colors. The app features a color wheel that allows you to select the color output with your fingertip. Nanoleaf Essentials bulbs can be synced with other Nanoleaf products, such as Lines, Shapes, and Elements. If you wish to set schedules with the bulb, you must have a Thread connection (through a Thread Border Router), or a Google Nest smart speaker or display. The Nanoleaf app is available for iOS (13.0 or later) and Android (9 and up) mobile phones and tablets, as well as Windows PCs and Mac.
- Voice Commands: You can easily control the Essentials A19 bulb by speaking a voice command to your Google Assistant, Apple HomeKit (Siri) device (sold separately), or Samsung SmartThings. In the Nanoleaf app, you can name the bulb, then refer to it in your voice commands. Voice commands can be used to turn the bulb on or off, dim or brighten the light, set it to a specific brightness (expressed in %), set it to a specific color or to a preset scene.
- Touch: While the Essentials Light bulb has no touch controls on its own, you can perform basic functions using Touch Actions on your Thread-connected Nanoleaf Shapes (hexagon, triangles, mini triangles).
- Brightness: 1100 lumens (max); 806 lumens (avg)
- Beam Angle: 220°
- Dimming Range: 1% to 100% (in increments of 0.1%)
- Colors: >16 million (colors and tunable white)
- Color Temperature: 2700K - 6500K
- Color Rendering Index: >90
- Startup Time: < 0.5 seconds
- Wattage: 9W (equivalent to 60W)
- Standby Power: 0.1W
- Energy Star Certified: Yes
- Input Rating: 100V-120V 50/60 Hz
- Lifetime: 25,000 hours
- Dimensions: Diameter 2.437", Height 4.367"
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
The Nanoleaf Essentials Matter A19 Bulb (1100 lumens) replaces these items
- standard A19/E26 bulb fits most common light fixtures
- control with the free Nanoleaf app for Apple® and Android™
- add voice control with Apple HomeKit (Siri) or Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
I like'em. Thread is pretty cool, fast, and well connected. Color are good, whites are tunable. Using in HomeKit.
Kelly from Florence, AL