About the Nanoleaf Shapes Triangles Smarter Kit
Part lighting, part art — all you
Part lighting, part art — all you
I'm a big fan of smart lighting, so I was really excited when I found out we'd be carrying Nanoleaf products. Their modular panels are such a fun way to decorate your home with light. This kit includes seven triangles that can be can be arranged in any pattern you like to create a light display that's unique to you. And you can control them almost any way you want, including app, touch, and voice.
Nanoleaf Shapes make it easy and fun to light up your dark corners.
Mix and match
You can use this 7-panel kit by itself or with one or more expansion packs. Need more than just triangles to execute your artistic vision? Add some hexagons or mini triangles into your light mosaic. The included controller can support up to 500 light panels, and the power supply that comes with this kit can support up to 28 triangles.
No Bridge required
Nanoleaf Shapes connect to your Wi-Fi network directly, so there's no need for a separate hub. You then use the free Nanoleaf app to group and control your lighting. You can change the color and brightness of each panel, create and download scenes, and preview panel configurations.
Control with a tap
I love having colorful smart lighting at home, but my husband really doesn't want to have to use an app to control lights. That's why I love Nanoleaf's Touch Control feature. You can designate what happens when you tap or swipe a panel. And your options aren't limited to adjusting the light emitted from the panel group you're actually touching — you can control other compatible smart home gear, too, including Nanoleaf Essentials lighting.
A simple controller is also included in this base kit. It can turn your lights on and off, control brightness, change Scenes, and activate the Rhythm feature that syncs your lights to music.
Or use your voice
You can also adjust your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. Nanoleaf Shapes work with Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately).
- seven triangular panels can be arranged in any pattern you like for a unique light display
- compatible with Hexagon, Triangle, and Mini Triangle expansion packs
- LayoutDetect™ technology enables intelligent color animations based on your panel layout
- group and control your lighting with the free Nanoleaf app for Apple® and Android™
- use schedules to automate your routines
- preview different panel configurations with the Layout Assistant
- create and download scenes
- choose from over 16 million colors and shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- Nanoleaf Desktop app available for Windows and Mac computers
- simplifies the management of larger installations
- configure Screen Mirror feature to level up games and movies (requires connection between TV and computer with HDMI or Airplay)
- adjustable brightness up to 80 lumens per panel
- customizable Touch Action controls
- swipe or tap the panels to turn them on and off, adjust the brightness, or change scenes
- play interactive Touch Games like Whack-A-Mole and Memory
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- use your voice to turn lights on or off, or adjust color and brightness
- Rhythm feature syncs lights to your music
- compatible with IFTTT, SmartThings, and Razer Chroma
- mount with included double-sided tape or screw mounts (screws and wall anchors not included)
- lifespan: approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Wi-Fi (requires 2.4 GHz network)
- works as a Thread border router for Nanoleaf Essentials products
- connects your Nanoleaf Thread network to your Wi-Fi
- included power supply rated at 42 watts
- energy consumption per triangle panel: 1.5 watts
- supports up to 28 triangles (additional panels sold separately)
- maximum number of panels for light displays that include other shapes will vary depending on type
- included controller can support up to 500 triangles (additional panels sold separately)
- 9"W x 7-13/16"H x 7/16"D (each panel)
- weight: 5.2 oz. (each panel)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NL47-7003TW-7PK
What's in the box:
- 7 Triangle-shaped light panels
- 7 Mounting plates (attached to the light panels)
- 8 Linkers
- Power supply with attached 98" DC output cord (DC output: 42V 1A 42W)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- 8 Large adhesive pads
- Small adhesive pad (for Controller)
- Quick Start Guide
- Design suggestions
- Nanoleaf decal
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nanoleaf Shapes Triangles Smarter Kit
Overview: Nanoleaf Shapes are modular backlit smart light panels that can be connected together to create designs and shapes on the walls and ceilings in your home. Shapes connect to each other via Linkers. This Nanoleaf Smarter Kit (NL47-7003TW-7PK) contains 7 triangle-shaped light panels, each with an attached Mounting Plate, 8 Linkers, a Controller, and a power supply. You can expand this Smarter Kit with Triangle Expansion Packs (sold separately), which give you 3 additional Triangle light panels for creating larger designs. You can even mix Triangles with Mini Triangles and Hexagons expansion packs for more possibilities. A total of up to 28 Triangle Shapes panels can be connected to a single 42W power supply.
Triangle Light Output: Each Triangle smart light panel has a total of 80 lumens of light output per panel. The RGBW panels can produce more than 16 million vivid colors. The Color Temperature can be adjusted from 1200K to 6500K.
Connect+ Technology: Nanoleaf Shapes (hexagons, triangles, and mini triangles) feature Connect+ Technology that allows them to work together to create mosaics of light. You can mix and match Shapes to give you unlimited possibilities in designs. Connect+ also provides Touch Actions and Touch Gestures. A single touch on a panel can activate HomeKit Scenes that can control some or all of your HomeKit products. You can even play games using the Touch Actions controls. Touch Gestures, such as swiping up, down, left, or right or double tapping can be configured into specific commands using the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App. For example, you can use Touch Gestures to turn the brightness up or down, turn the panels on or off, or shuffle through Rhythm or Color Scenes.
Shapes Control: Nanoleaf Shapes can be controlled in a variety of ways. In addition to Touch Controls (described above), you can connect the included Controller to any of the panels in your design to enable onboard control. The Controller has buttons to Dim and Brighten, cycle through Rhythm Scenes or Color Scenes, and Shuffle the preset scenes, plus other Advanced Controls. Shapes can be controlled wirelessly through the Nanoleaf Smarter Series app, available for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. The lights are also compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant, to let you control your Shapes by your voice.
Wi-Fi / Thread: Shapes connect directly to your Wi-Fi network 2.4 GHz b/g/n) without the need for a hub or bridge. They are also compatible with the Thread mesh network (IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY), and interconnect with other Nanoleaf Essentials light strips and smart bulbs for advanced control. Shapes work as a Thread Border Router which supports bi-directional connectivity between Thread and Wi-Fi/Ethernet networks.
Nanoleaf Smarter Series App: The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app allows you to design, setup, and control your Nanoleaf lights from the palm of your hand. The app features a Layout Assistant to help you design your Nanoleaf lights, whether its how the lights are put together physically, or choosing colors in a custom configuration. You can choose from 19 lighting scenes or create your own custom color layout. Each Nanoleaf light can be turned on/off individually or in groups, and dimmed or brightened as you desire. You can also choose from millions of colors from the intuitive color wheel. The lights can be automated into set schedules to automate your daily lighting needs, dimming at night and gently brightening as you wake up. The app lets you turn on Rhythm Scenes that dance to your music, or activate the Screen Mirror that causes the Nanoleaf lights to mimic the on-screen activity for movies and gaming. Connect your lights with your smart home assistant, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri (Apple HomeKit), and use voice commands to control them hands free. Nanoleaf products also work with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and Razer Chroma RGB. The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 12.0 or later, and smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 and up. Apps for Windows PCs and Macs are also available.
Installation: Nanoleaf Shapes are easy to install. Each Triangle has a removable Mounting Plate that holds the lighting panel to the wall or ceiling. Strong adhesive strips for each Mounting Plate and the Controller are provided. Mounting to textured, porous surfaces (such as wallpaper, brick), popcorn walls/ceilings, or mirrors is not recommended. The Mounting Plates have removable bases that have 2 screw holes for more secure mounting, especially recommended if you're mounting the panels to the ceiling. The panels are connected together side-by-side using the provided Linkers. All of the panels, plus the Controller and Power Supply, must be interconnected. The Power Supply has an 8-foot power cord that connects to one of the panels. It is recommended that you design your layout on a table or floor before mounting to the wall to make sure the design works the way you want. You should measure the height and width of your design to make sure it fits into your space. QR Codes for pairing your Shapes to the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App can be found on the Power Supply and Controller, as well as printed on the front cover of the Quick Start Guide.
Mixing/Matching Shapes: The Nanoleaf Shapes are available in Hexagons, Triangles, and Mini Triangles, which can be mixed and matched to create beautiful designs. Each standard Power Supply (PSU) supports up to 28 Triangles (up to 1.5 watts per panel). It can also support 77 Mini Triangles or 21 Hexagons. If you are mixing different Shapes, you can determine if you have enough power supplies in your layout by using the online PSU Calculator.
- Lumens (per panel): 80 lumens
- Maximum Colors: More than 16 million
- Color Temperature: 1200K-6500K
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): >80
- Max Energy Consumption: 1.5W (each)
- Max Triangles per 42W Power Supply: 28
- Triangle Panels:
- Width: 8.988"
- Height: 7.79"
- Depth (with mounting plate): 0.405"
- Controller: Length 4.472", Height 0.791", Depth 0.407"
- Linkers: Width 0.686", Height 1.579" Depth 0.256"
- Triangle Panels:
- Triangle Panels: 5.2 ounces (each)
- Controller: 0.7 ounces