About the Nanoleaf Lines Smarter Kit
Mood-lighting that's unique to you
Mood-lighting that's unique to you
I have an LED strip that adds a colorful glow to my living room, but its utilitarian look means it's relegated to being hidden behind my TV. This Nanoleaf Lines Kit, on the other hand, will upgrade your mood lighting, and it will look really cool doing it.
This "Smarter" kit comes with nine straight pieces and nine connectors that you can combine in almost any way you want. And it's easy to attach your whole creation to the wall using the adhesive backing included on each piece.
Upgrade your ambiance with Nanoleaf Lines.
Grow your light show
Each bar has two individually controllable zones, so this kit can display up to 18 unique colors. But if you still want more, snag one or more expansion packs. The power supply included with this kit can support up to 18 light bars.
No Bridge required
Nanoleaf Lines connect to your Wi-Fi network directly, so there's no need for a separate hub. You then use the free Nanoleaf app to group and control your lighting. You can change the color and brightness of each bar, create and download scenes, and preview different configurations.
Control it with your voice
You can adjust your lighting system hands-free if you've got a voice assistant. Nanoleaf Lines work with Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately).
- modular light bar set has 9 straight beam pieces and 9 connectors that can be arranged in any pattern you like for a unique light display
- each bar has two independent color zones
- compatible with Lines expansion pack
- LayoutDetect™ technology enables intelligent color animations based on your layout
- group and control your lighting with the free Nanoleaf app for Apple® and Android™
- choose from 19 built-in scenes or create your own unlimited RGBW animations
- use schedules to automate your routines
- preview different line configurations with the Layout Assistant
- create and download scenes
- choose from over 16 million colors and shades of cool to warm white light to match any mood or event
- Nanoleaf Desktop app available for Windows and Mac computers
- simplifies the management of larger installations
- configure Screen Mirror feature to level up movie and game night (requires connection between TV and computer with HDMI or Airplay)
- adjustable brightness up to 20 lumens per bar
- compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant devices (sold separately)
- use your voice to turn lights on or off, or adjust color and brightness
- Rhythm feature syncs lights to your music
- compatible with IFTTT, SmartThings, and Razer Chroma
- mount with included double-sided tape or screw mounts (screws and wall anchors not included)
- lifespan: approximately 25,000 hours of use
- communication protocol: Wi-Fi (requires 2.4 GHz network)
- works as a Thread border router for Nanoleaf Essentials products
- connects your Nanoleaf Thread network to your Wi-Fi
- included power supply can support up to 18 Lines (additional light bars sold separately)
- line: 13/16"W x 3/8"H x 11"L (each)
- hexagonal connector: 1-3/8"W x 7/8"H (each)
- weight: 2.9 oz. (each line/connector pair with cap)
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # NL59-K-0003LW-9PK
What's in the box:
- 9 Lines backlit light bars
- 9 Mounting connectors
- 9 Connector caps
- Controller cap (mounted to a mounting connector)
- Processor and power connector with 78" connecting cord
- Power supply with attached 99" DC output cord (DC output: 42V 1A 42W)
- US 2-prong AC plug adapter
- Spare connector adhesive
- Spare processor adhesive
- Nanoleaf decal
- Quick Start Guide
- "Color Outside the Lines" design suggestions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Nanoleaf Lines Smarter Kit
Overview: Nanoleaf Lines are modular backlit smart light bars that can be connected together to create designs and shapes on the walls and ceilings in your home. Lines connect to the 6-sided Mounting Connectors that angle the light bars at increments of 60°. This Nanoleaf Smarter Kit (NL59-K-0003LW-9PK) contains 9 Lines backlit light bars, 9 Mounting Connectors, 9 Connector Caps, a Controller Cap, a wireless processor with a power connector, and a DC power supply. You can expand this Smarter Kit with Lines Expansion Packs (sold separately), which give you 3 additional Lines light bars for creating larger designs. Up to 18 Lines can be connected to a single 42W power supply.
Lines Light Output: Each Lines smart light bar has two color zones with a total of 20 lumens of light output per panel. The RGBW panels can produce more than 16 million vivid colors. The Color Temperature can be adjusted from 1200K to 6500K.
Lines Control: Nanoleaf Lines can be controlled in a variety of ways. The included Controller Cap fits over one of the Mounting Connectors and provides onboard control. In addition to power on/off (the center button), the Controller Cap has buttons to Dim and Brighten, cycle through Rhythm Scenes or Color Scenes, and Shuffle the preset scenes. Lines can be controlled wirelessly through the Nanoleaf Smarter Series app, available for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. The lights are also compatible with Apple HomeKit (Siri), Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant, to let you control your lines by your voice.
Wi-Fi / Thread: Lines connects directly to your Wi-Fi network 2.4 GHz b/g/n) without the need for a hub or bridge. They are also compatible with the Thread mesh network (IEEE 802.15.4 MAC/PHY), and interconnect with other Nanoleaf Essentials light strips and smart bulbs for advanced control. Lines work as a Thread Border Router which supports bi-directional connectivity between Thread and Wi-Fi/Ethernet networks.
Nanoleaf Smarter Series App: The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app allows you to design, setup, and control your Nanoleaf lights from the palm of your hand. The app features a Layout Assistant to help you design your Nanoleaf lights, whether its how the lights are put together physically, or choosing colors in a custom configuration. You can choose from 19 lighting scenes or create your own custom color layout. Each Nanoleaf light can be turned on/off individually or in groups, and dimmed or brightened as you desire. You can also choose from millions of colors from the intuitive color wheel. The lights can be automated into set schedules to automate your daily lighting needs, dimming at night and gently brightening as you wake up. The app lets you turn on Rhythm Scenes that dance to your music, or activate the Screen Mirror that causes the Nanoleaf lights to mimic the on-screen activity for movies and gaming. Connect your lights with your smart home assistant, such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or Siri (Apple HomeKit), and use voice commands to control them hands free. Nanoleaf products also work with IFTTT, Samsung SmartThings, and Razer Chroma RGB. The Nanoleaf Smarter Series app is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch running iOS 12.0 or later, and smartphones and tablets running Android 5.0 and up. Apps for Windows PCs and Macs are also available.
Installation: Nanoleaf Lines are easy to install. Each of the Mounting Connectors and the Controller has a strong adhesive for attaching to a wall or ceiling surface. Mounting to textured, porous surfaces (such as wallpaper, brick), popcorn walls/ceilings, or mirrors is not recommended. The Connectors have removable bases that have 2 screw holes for more secure mounting. Each connector has six channels for plugging in Lines light bars. There are enough connectors for making straight line designs, or you can connect multiple Lines to a single connector to make shapes. All of the Lines must be interconnected in some way. The Controller Cap mounts to one of the Mounting Connectors; the others can be covered by the blank Connector Caps. The Processor and Power Connector has a wired connection that attaches to the Power Supply, giving you a total cable length of 14.75' from the AC plug. It is recommended that you design your layout on a table or floor before mounting to the wall to make sure the Lines all work the way you want. You should measure the height and width of your design to make sure it fits into your space. QR Codes for pairing your Lines to the Nanoleaf Smarter Series App can be found on the Power Supply and Processor, as well as printed on the front cover of the Quick Start Guide.
- Lumens (per panel): 20 lumens
- Maximum Colors: More than 16 million
- Color Temperature: 1200K-6500K
- Color Rendering Index (CRI): >80
- Max Energy Consumption: 2W (each)
- Max Lines per 42W Power Supply: 18
- IP Rating: IP20
- Lines: Width 0.791", Height 0.325", Length 10.96"
- Connectors (Hexagonal): Width 1.369", Height 0.861"
- Controller (Hexagonal): Width 1.369", Height 1.24"
- Lines: 1.35 ounces (each)
- Connectors: 1.55 ounces (including cap)